Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto, Castillo, Corrales: Who has the better resume/wins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    Castillo was shot by then man
    And he's STILL fighting. I know some fans feel like a fighter's legacy is set in stone and becomes impenetrable at a certain point, but I can't say I completely agree. Accomplishments are set in stone, but I think legacy can be damaged.

Analyzing a resume means taking every fight into consideration, the wins and the losses. Had he beaten Hatton, would he still have been viewed as a "shot" fighter? Him being over the hill doesn't mean that the fight didn't occur.

Do we pretend like RJJ's losses after his prime didn't happen? Hell, if Floyd loses to Guerrero or Canelo, will the excuse be that he was past-prime??

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
      Castillo was shot by then man
      He was coming to the Hatton fight with three consecutive wins. The same Hatton that was taken to school by Boricua southpaw named Luis Collazo who had him on queer street in the last round.

If you really study Castillo he has many wins, but his great wins are thin. I am not a hater. But i think a Mexican fighter like Genaro Hernandez deserves the IBHOF more than Castillo.

Castillo has one major world title in one division. The win over Casamayor was a split decision, and many were skeptical about the outcome.
      Diego Corrales defeated an undefeated Acelino Freitas who clearly did defeat Casamayor. If someone thinks Castillo is better than Cotto and Corrales, than fine. However, remember those guys won more major world titles and have more defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        And he's STILL fighting. I know some fans feel like a fighter's legacy is set in stone and becomes impenetrable at a certain point, but I can't say I completely agree. Accomplishments are set in stone, but I think legacy can be damaged.

Analyzing a resume means taking every fight into consideration, the wins and the losses. Had he beaten Hatton, would he still have been viewed as a "shot" fighter? Him being over the hill doesn't mean that the fight didn't occur.

Do we pretend like RJJ's losses after his prime didn't happen? Hell, if Floyd loses to Guerrero or Canelo, will the excuse be that he was past-prime??
        Exactly, doesn't matter how shot he was, he fought on and lost. That hurts his resume. You can't just dump all losses where he was past prime.

Comment

So I guess Ali losing to Holmes and Berbick counts against him, right???

These guys....

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

These guys....
            You're saying Castillo was as shot against Hatton as Ali was vs Holmes and Berbick?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

These guys....
              Where do we draw the line then? I can't talk about Ali, but I'm actually living to see RJJ damage his image.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 01-09-2013, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                You're saying Castillo was as shot against Hatton as Ali was vs Holmes and Berbick?
                No. But he was a couple years removed from having much left, that's a fact.

Tell me how are Cotto's wins better than Castillo's or Corrales' for that matter???

Cotto is a good fighter of this era, but his best wins are Mosley, Judah, and Clottey, two of which he arguably lost. But yeah, Cotto has some good losses.

I'd go as far to say that Cotto has one of the weakest resume's of a 3 division champion I've seen. It's up there. He's a lock HOF, but he shouldn't be in terms of what he's done as far as wins go.

Comment

Where do we draw the line then? I can't talk about Ali, but I'm actually living to see RJJ damage his image.
                  It's like Holyfield or Tyson, or any great fighter who kept going too long. Do we judge Holyfield by what he did when he was 45 years old....no we don't.

Do we judge Leonard on what he did in the 90's.....hellllllll no

You don't judge someone's resume on losses. You judge them on their wins. The only way a loss can really affect your resume in my opinion is a case like Wlad losing to Brewster and Sanders in his prime.

Comment

I think it stops when you cant give the other guy credit for the W whatsoever or very very little (being rational of course).....

Comment

Originally posted by jab2theballs View Post
                      It bothers me that Corrales kept spitting out his mouthpiece to buy time in the first fight.
                      I was so hype when he did that, I remember thinking "Corrales is a freaking genius!!". We all know what happened after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X