No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia Hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    Yup! Like usual, Zab fails under pressure.
    + 2 Zab just isn't super anymore.

Comment

I take it you argued with them about Khan? Did they say he was going to beat Garcia?

Is that why you ask? Or was it that they talked Khan up to be something he wasn't?
      Twas a lil bit of both. (Although I'd be lying to you if I didn't also think Khan would beat Garcia). I was simply hoping Garcia beat him. He came through & made me a fan by default.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I actually like Danny.

But, I don't think he's very good. I doubt he goes far in the sport.
        i agree wit'cha.

Comment

Danny doesn't shine in a single category. He looks very beatable and appears like he has no logenvity. He has a decent list of opponents that he has beaten. He needs another win against a good young gun at his loaded division.

A win against Zab won't do much but add another name. But if he loses against Zab his stocks will plummet all the way down

Comment

Garcia over rated? Hardly the case. Which is the point of the thread.

gtfoh you little coward.
            Garcia is overrated. The general opinion on this site seems to be that he has some of the best timing in the sport, one punch KO power against anyone, and very good boxing skills.

In truth, he has good timing, a strong left hook that is slightly overrated, and little else.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Garcia is overrated. The general opinion on this site seems to be that he has some of the best timing in the sport, one punch KO power against anyone, and very good boxing skills.

In truth, he has good timing, a strong left hook that is slightly overrated, and little else.
              I was looking at more than just this site. Like boxing as a whole, the media backing him. Like HBO pushing him to be the next best thing. I’m just wondering why he doesn’t get that treatment. Like what is he missing? Should he be praising god all the time? Talk **** and count money? Hire rappers to promote him?

He has well known names on his record, he's undefeated and holding 2 ABC straps. I would think that and the fact that he’s undefeated would get him more attention/stardom.

Anyway I commend you on keeping it real with the comment. You described him quit well IMO but as a whole he should be getting more attention. Especially if other fighters get it for doing even less. Hopefully the kid keeps improving like he has so far. Fighting a bunch of has-beens eventually has to amount to something. A lot of other fighters made bank off doing the same thing. I don’t see why he doesn’t get the credit or hype for it too.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

I'm with ya... I'm yet to be impressed.

Comment

I was looking at more than just this site. Like boxing as a whole, the media backing him. Like HBO pushing him to be the next best thing. I’m just wondering why he doesn’t get that treatment. Like what is he missing? Should he be praising god all the time? Talk **** and count money? Hire rappers to promote him?

He has well known names on his record, he's undefeated and holding 2 ABC straps. I would think that and the fact that he’s undefeated would get him more attention/stardom.

Anyway I commend you on keeping it real with the comment. You described him quit well IMO but as a whole he should be getting more attention. Especially if other fighters get it for doing even less. Hopefully the kid keeps improving like he has so far. Fighting a bunch of has-beens eventually has to amount to something. A lot of other fighters made bank off doing the same thing. I don’t see why he doesn’t get the credit or hype for it too.
                  I actually think he's getting a lot of attention, certainly as much as he deserves, maybe more so. I'm not sure what other attention you think he should be getting.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    I'm with ya... I'm yet to be impressed.
                    Danny was supposed to be a tune up for both Morales and Khan. I would think you have to be impressed that he went from afterthought to headlining major shows in less than a year.

Now I'm not saying he is on the p4p list, but he chnaged the trajectory of his career with 2 unexpected KO's that he wasn't expect to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Now I'm not saying he is on the p4p list, but he chnaged the trajectory of his career with 2 unexpected KO's that he wasn't expect to get.
                      Well that goes without saying... the point with Garcia though is to keep what he is level headed.

Ok, he exceeded expectations, but that doesn't make him a p4p talent, it just makes him better than what we thought he was.

Now with Morales... to me Morales was a completely vulnerable fighter to basically anyone with a bit of skill and a good gas tank, he was there for the taking.

With Khan, definitely credit, but he knocked out someone, thats already been knocked out, and has shown chin problems, on top of the fact that he fought like a spastic ****** leaving himself open every time he through a punch which was ever 4 seconds.

He exceeded expectations, but on a p4p skill level, Im not impressed.

Comment

Working...
                      X