Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather-Canelo Will Break Records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep seeing these phrases you keep clinging to in your argument, Murka, like a sailor on a sinking ship clinging to a mast.

Size and style? DLH was bigger and tried to bully Mayweather. He tried to swarm him on the ropes, pound and ground him. In the end, it was DLH that was physically hurt (round 5) ultimately got tired from being ineffective. But I forgot, you don't care about Guerrero's size anymore. Since your earlier protests about him being bigger than Ortiz (LOL) and a giant compared to Mayweather have been proven utterly and completely wrong by fact.

What good would someone showing you a person inferior to Mayweather, coping with Guerrero's "swarming" do (although they did, it was Salido and you chose to ignore it)? Mayweather is pretty unique and Guerrero hasn't faced anyone remotely like him. Aydin and Berto just don't cut it and are no benchmark for how successful Guerrero might or might not be. His style is NOT like Hatton's. Hatton was always the grappler. HE initiated the clinches against Mayweather to stop himself being countered. He did again Urango, he did against Collazo and did it against Mayweather. Anyone who can walk through Kostya is not glass-jawed. Hatton just spent too many fights taking punches and eventually it took its toll (like Jeff Fenech, who was incredibly tough). When Hatton stopped clinching and tried to fight, he was systematically broken down and knocked out. The example is a poor one.

I the punch stats. Mayweather's accuracy was 26%. So 26% is "horrible? When Mayweather average is in the 40%+ league (a league on it's own, by the way) What is Guerrero's over his career? "Horrible" is 69 punches landed in 12 rounds, which is all Marquez could land on him. Exaggerating a fallacy doesn't make it true. But keep laboring. Now you've been proved wrong by another fact. What's next? Guerrero isn't bigger than Ortiz, not bigger than Mayweather. Mayweather's accuracy against Cotto was bad for Mayweather but better than probably 90% of pros in the game. Mayweather didn't punch and clinch against Hatton. Hatton isn't glass jawed. Oh there's the "swarming style". One Salido coped with pretty easily. I think we're done here.
    Last edited by Marvellous1; 01-06-2013, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• no way ot even close
      canelo has no fan base here in us

cotto has a huge fanbase
      so i sy it does 1.3-5 on mostly mayweather

2 million ? no wayyyy

only fight breaking 1.5 is
      manny -marquez 5

Comment

• Originally posted by alembic View Post
        I think this is where we disagree. Pressure fighters make it easier for Floyd.

Floyd might have lost a step recently but Guerrero is still slower. So Floyd would control the center of the ring.

To beat Floyd, you have to be faster and smarter, possibly bigger, with enough pop to get job done after setting the pace and distance with an ultra-fast jab (anything less and you'll get countered all night). I just don't see Robert having these attributes. And you do. But that's cool too.
        The typical way to beat a slick boxer, is how Mares beat Moreno! Its just with Floyd's reflexes he can make them look dumb! But a swarmer style like Hatton or Robert, will be different! Floyd didnt look slick, smooth, pretty against Hatton! He had to break him down, and time him with big right hands! Robert is allot better than Hatton, and more durable! Floyd is faster than Robert, but Robert is faster than Cotto, and Cotto was very slow! At this age, Floyd cant really see them coming like he used to! Floyd also outpunched Cotto, That aint happening with Robert! I think Floyd will have to punch and clinch! Your allot more kind with the other guys!! Their biased groupies! I wont argue with you, I just say agree to dissagree! I will argue with them! Tnx

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
          I keep seeing these phrases you keep clinging to in your argument, Murka, like a sailor on a sinking ship clinging to a mast.

Size and style? DLH was bigger and tried to bully Mayweather. He tried to swarm him on the ropes, pound and ground him. In the end, it was DLH that was physically hurt (round 5) ultimately got tired from being ineffective. But I forgot, you don't care about Guerrero's size anymore. Since your earlier protests about him being bigger than Ortiz (LOL) and a giant compared to Mayweather have been proven utterly and completely wrong by fact.

What good would someone showing you a person inferior to Mayweather, coping with Guerrero's "swarming" do (although they did, it was Salido and you chose to ignore it)? Mayweather is pretty unique and Guerrero hasn't faced anyone remotely like him. Aydin and Berto just don't cut it and are no benchmark for how successful Guerrero might or might not be. His style is NOT like Hatton's. Hatton was always the grappler. HE initiated the clinches against Mayweather to stop himself being countered. He did again Urango, he did against Collazo and did it against Mayweather. Anyone who can walk through Kostya is not glass-jawed. Hatton just spent too many fights taking punches and eventually it took its toll (like Jeff Fenech, who was incredibly tough). When Hatton stopped clinching and tried to fight, he was systematically broken down and knocked out. The example is a poor one.

I the punch stats. Mayweather's accuracy was 26%. So 26% is "horrible? When Mayweather average is in the 40%+ league (a league on it's own, by the way) What is Guerrero's over his career? "Horrible" is 69 punches landed in 12 rounds, which is all Marquez could land on him. Exaggerating a fallacy doesn't make it true. But keep laboring. Now you've been proved wrong by another fact. What's next? Guerrero isn't bigger than Ortiz, not bigger than Mayweather. Mayweather's accuracy against Cotto was bad for Mayweather but better than probably 90% of pros in the game. Mayweather didn't punch and clinch against Hatton. Hatton isn't glass jawed. Oh there's the "swarming style". One Salido coped with pretty easily. I think we're done here.
          Oscar isnt a swarmer! He threw COMBINATIONS! You can avoid combinations by countering, being defensive, parrying! The way to avoid swarms, is to punch and clinch, because the punches are too close to eachother! Oscar is not a swarmer, stop lying!! This is why Floyd didnt counter in between Hatton's shots, because Hatton is a SWARMER!! Different styles!

I dont care about Robert's size! I said his size COMBINED with his style, will cause Problems! Robert is WAAAY bigger than Floyd! And he is bigger than Ortiz, and Hatton! Ortiz is a stumpy stocky guy! Robert is a giant, big head, thicker bones, wider back, just huge! Floyd will be in trouble!!

I dont care about what Robert did to salido, because Robert didnt fight him at WW did he? I dont know why you pretend, I EVER said I cared about anything he did at any weight, other than ww! At ww, he's just too much for allot of guys with his style!

Mayweather is special, but that dont mean there isnt a style out there that cant match with his! Just like Hatton fights dirty, Robert does the same thing! Just better!

You say the Hatton example is a poor one, but thats YOUR opinion! I personally base my whole fight prediction based on that fight! Floyd aint stopping Robert, or even phasing him eough to make him stop throwing his counters! Berto and Aidn hit allot harder, and Robert even threw flurries while staggering! So if Slow azz cotto can land slow left hands, and Robert is faster than cotto, and dont care about Floyd's soft punches, its NO WAY Robert wont land on Floyd! He will land allot, because he throws flurries, NOT combinations! He gonna BUST FLOYD AZZ if Floyd dont clinch!! I dont care what you say buddy, I think for myself man!

And even though Floyd'as accuracy was horrible, IT DOESNT MATTER, HE CANT HURT Robert! I keep saying the same thing over, he can land all he wants! Robert will land on Floyd easily, Floyd is just older, and Cotto landed slow left hands, Robert will land them in bunches! Just with the swarming style, and his power, I think he can even knock Floyd down! I just know my boxing!

Comment

• Originally posted by GAR1680-Boxing View Post
            If Guerrero is able to use the infighting style he used against Berto, and the ref allows it (instead of breaking them up throughout the fight), then Mayweather might have his hands full. That shoulder-roll won’t work for Floyd if Guerrero has his body against his—up against the ropes—and he’s banging away at the head and body continuously.
            alot of that stuff guerrero was doing was flatout dirty and the ref should have played more of a part in the fight itself, that being said, i dont know why you guys get caught up in the "shoulder roll" Floyd once said "presure has been the gameplan against me since the amatuers" floyd doesnt use it the entire fight, look at the ricky hatton fight, that essentially what guerrero was trying to to do berto, look at how much shoulder roll mayweather used in that fight.

on the inside mayweather is very dangerous because he doesnt need much space to get off and if you play dirty with him hes gonna throw it right back, the key to beating mayweather is good range and a good jab, but standing on the inside you are gonna get hit with something you cant see, either the straight right hand or that left hook from nowhere. Mayweather breaks into conventional defense when the pressure is on and he uses his elbows and forearms on the inside, Guerrero comes in with virtually no headmovement and no defense, thats never been a remedy for mayweather to be in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
              The typical way to beat a slick boxer, is how Mares beat Moreno! Its just with Floyd's reflexes he can make them look dumb! But a swarmer style like Hatton or Robert, will be different! Floyd didnt look slick, smooth, pretty against Hatton! He had to break him down, and time him with big right hands! Robert is allot better than Hatton, and more durable! Floyd is faster than Robert, but Robert is faster than Cotto, and Cotto was very slow! At this age, Floyd cant really see them coming like he used to! Floyd also outpunched Cotto, That aint happening with Robert! I think Floyd will have to punch and clinch! Your allot more kind with the other guys!! Their biased groupies! I wont argue with you, I just say agree to dissagree! I will argue with them! Tnx
              Mayweathers inside game is incredible, there is nothing Guerrero brings that Mayweather hasnt already shown he can handle. Keep this in mind, I have met Robert twice and he lives in the same town as my son, i see him around town and his wife and my girl went to school together (they arent friends), I respect him so much and hes a hometown hero, but Guerrero comes in with no head movement and Mayweather needs no space to get off, Anselmo is nowhere near mayweathers class, you guys get so caught up in the shoulder roll and being "slick" that you forget that mayweather will match pressure with pressure on the inside and like i said in my previous post, he needs almost no space to get off.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                The typical way to beat a slick boxer, is how Mares beat Moreno! Its just with Floyd's reflexes he can make them look dumb! But a swarmer style like Hatton or Robert, will be different!
                The other way is to be just as slick, just as fast and probably be bigger than Floyd.

So I think Tommy Hearns would've had a better chance of beating Floyd than Guerrero.

Let me put it another way: I would've paid top dollars to see a Hearns-Floyd fight. Guerrero-Floyd, no. Martinez-Floyd, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                  Mayweathers inside game is incredible, there is nothing Guerrero brings that Mayweather hasnt already shown he can handle. Keep this in mind, I have met Robert twice and he lives in the same town as my son, i see him around town and his wife and my girl went to school together (they arent friends), I respect him so much and hes a hometown hero, but Guerrero comes in with no head movement and Mayweather needs no space to get off, Anselmo is nowhere near mayweathers class, you guys get so caught up in the shoulder roll and being "slick" that you forget that mayweather will match pressure with pressure on the inside and like i said in my previous post, he needs almost no space to get off.
                  Yea like he did with slow cotto? Floyd isnt the same fighter, and I dont see him countering that swarm style at all! Even when Floyd does land, it wont really phase Robert, Robert is very durable at ww! This will be a punch and clinch like the Hatton fight! Not a slick, smooth, boxing lesson!

Comment

• Guerrero is an opponent with a 10% of chances.
                    The only name that can bring something is Sergio Martinez, I will give him a 45% - 55%, Floyd is number 1 pxp for a reason.
                    Canelo is nothing but a TV product, Floyd will dominate him easily another 10% - 90%, the ppv are going to be just ok because Floyd is there.

Comment

• Originally posted by alembic View Post
                      The other way is to be just as slick, just as fast and probably be bigger than Floyd.

So I think Tommy Hearns would've had a better chance of beating Floyd than Guerrero.

Let me put it another way: I would've paid top dollars to see a Hearns-Floyd fight. Guerrero-Floyd, no. Martinez-Floyd, yes.
                      You cool, I wont argue!! But you see how I get down, if I wanted I could do this all day with everyone!!! I just say agree to disagree! This fight with Floyd and Robert, will be awesome! Unfortunately everyone will discredit and say its a cherry, and Floyd wont get credit unless Robert sticks around, and makes a legacy at ww post Floyd!

Comment

Working...
                      X