No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Ruling Out Trout, Ready to Start Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    Canelo can break bread with whoever he likes.

Mayweather uses his name to fatten his pockets, So canelo gonna give whoever he likes a paycheck aswell.
    Why do you continuely stick up for Canelo? Being willing to fight anyone is a HUGE part of the extremely proud Mexican boxing culture. Men like Zarate, Olivares, Sanchez, R Lopez, Chavez Sr, Cantu, Pintor, Cuevas, Morales, Barrere, etc put blood, sweat and tears into this sport while fighting the best opponents available to them. For Mexican boxing fans like you to give Canelo a pass is pizzing all over the work these great fighters have put in. While I'm thinking about it, since I've followed boxing (1972), I can't think of one Mexican champion (except Canelo) who has ever continuely ducked credible opposition. If your heros have to be Mexican, may I suggest Abner Mares (you know him the guy willing to fight anyone). Gotta ask yourself why is it GBP will let Mares fight any of the contenders in his weight class and won't let Canelo fight even one in his?

Comment

Money. Canelo generates a lot of it.

Comment

I'm tired of all these haters saying canelo is scared and calling him canela **** you all the haters that say that never even been in the ring *****s canelo always asks for the best it's not his fault that the promoters are trying to take care of him

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
          While I'm thinking about it, since I've followed boxing (1972), I can't think of one Mexican champion (except Canelo) who has ever continuely ducked credible opposition.
          Sorry brotha, but you need to think a bit harder. Have you never heard of the Canelo curse? Canelo was scheduled to fight a very tricky and dangerous Paul Williams, then Victor Ortiz then Miguel Cotto. For circumstances out of his control, these fights fell through. So, how are these 3 guys not "legit"? Please explain...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            What makes you so sure?
            Schaefer saying he doubts it will.... Plus hes never has been high on the match up

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              Schaefer saying he doubts it will.... Plus hes never has been high on the match up
              I don't know.

I think it might be a smoke screen.

Maybe I'm just being too hopeful

Comment

Canelo is a fighter I am sure he wants to prove he is the man, people around him are a different story because they know discretion is the better part of valor~

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I don't know.

I think it might be a smoke screen.

Maybe I'm just being too hopeful
                  At least someone is

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    At least someone is
                    Seems everyone has accepted defeat And accepted Canelo is going to duck Trout.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
                      I don't think anyone expected to see Mayweather KO Baldomir. Mayweather doesn't KO bigger guys for the most part. But Baldomir had one of the craziest chins I had ever seen. All that said he also got his face pushed in enough times to where maybe Alvarez was just a long overdue tipping point.

Reminiscent of Mosley vs. Margarito, just very shocking to see when it actually (finally) happened and he got KO'd.
                      baldomir was the lineal ww champion when mayweather fought him and he was retired and over his weight class when canelo fought him. there's the difference

I've only seen carlos molina mentioned once in this thread and he was beating lara and kirkland if you saw those fights, he also holds a wide ud win over cintron yet keeps getting ignored. probably because of his ugly style but he still deserves this fight more than any name mentioned in this thread

Comment

Working...
                      X