Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Challenges "Midget" Cain Velasquez To Brawl!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
    Did you even see the rematch between Cain and JDS? Cain was practically outstriking JDS in the first round, which eventually led to a huge overhand right that messed JDS up for the rest of the bout. Ironically, JDS fell prey to this by having his hands down and backing straight up despite being touted for his "great" boxing...LOL
    Yes I did see the rematch. I saw JDS get tired and use the ****test footwork with his hands low and get caught. It was physically apparent that he was tired and through out, his hands were low and he was squared up. His corner told him hands up, but he didn't. Cain is a fairly slow plodder, with okay stamina. He has 4 ounce gloves on and I know a 10 ounce HW glove is a hell of a lot more padded.

JDS can't box. He has power, some speed and offense, but he can't box. I saw him VS an amatuer SMW or something and he looked terrible. I am telling you MMA fans right now, a real HW boxer would kill a MMA guy in a fight because simply put, none are taking the power of a true boxer. People don't realise how much damage would be done with 4 ounce gloves. In the HW division, there is a lot more striking during most rounds. They may wrestle but from what I have seen, tend to get up ASAP. Other divisions use BJJ, wrestling etc a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
      That may be true, but many MMA fans were and still are saying it.

Funniest of all, they were even touting Toney as a current heavyweight champion because he had some illegitimate belt, or said he had it.

"Heavyweight champion James Toney LOST to our guy!!"

Such is the classic MMA tard's desperation to prove how superior his sport is to boxing.
      If you're accepting that my response is true, then why bother making these senseless argument afterwards, lol?

In an MMA context, Fury would not stand any chance of beating Velasquez. I am not aware of any tools in his arsenal that would prevent Cain's stifling grappling attack. Don't mistake me for some fool that thinks Velasquez would destroy Fury in a Boxing context.

Comment

fury cracks me up everytime he opens his mouth. he is fuc*ing hilarious! over time he has become one of my favorite boxers. i don't care if he wins or loses because he is great for the sport. good young HW with some skill & a gutter mouth. i just wish he would have fought toney(even though toney would get worked over at this point). the trash talk before the fight would be legendary...

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
          Yes I did see the rematch. I saw JDS get tired and use the ****test footwork with his hands low and get caught. It was physically apparent that he was tired and through out, his hands were low and he was squared up. His corner told him hands up, but he didn't. Cain is a fairly slow plodder, with okay stamina. He has 4 ounce gloves on and I know a 10 ounce HW glove is a hell of a lot more padded.

JDS can't box. He has power, some speed and offense, but he can't box. I saw him VS an amatuer SMW or something and he looked terrible. I am telling you MMA fans right now, a real HW boxer would kill a MMA guy in a fight because simply put, none are taking the power of a true boxer. People don't realise how much damage would be done with 4 ounce gloves. In the HW division, there is a lot more striking during most rounds. They may wrestle but from what I have seen, tend to get up ASAP. Other divisions use BJJ, wrestling etc a lot more.
          If you did see the rematch, your response is nothing more than REVISIONIST history. It's amazing how many fans that saw the fight were PRIMARILY blaming Dos Santos's conditioning for his terrible loss against Velasquez. This is inaccurate considering your VERY OWN analysis of the bout. You stated that JDS had "****test footwork with his hands low." Based on your analysis, this duo of technical deficiencies led to the overhand right. The overhand right was the catalyst for the annihilation that followed. It wasn't poor conditioning coming into that fight that caused JDS's loss, it was technical deficiency. The fact that JDS wasn't finished is a testament to his conditioning.

Again, you're making a grave analytical mistake by stating that a "real HW Boxer would kill an MMA guy in a fight." You have to be more specific. Sure, this may be the case in a Boxing match. However, you make it seem like it's a foregone conclusion in an MMA match. This is purely asinine.

As far as there being "more striking" in the HW division, I'd have to look at actual statistics to confirm that. Your overly subjective analysis isn't enough to prove otherwise. Even if that were the case, if an elite HW Boxer came into the elite levels of MMA with only his current skillset, then he would be owned. What makes you think that these MMA artists who prefer to strike wouldn't utilize a grappling discipline to beat the one-dimensional Boxer? As far as the stand-ups from the ground goes, it rarely ever occurs when a fighter has a dominant grappling position on his or her opponent. Given this information, the one-dimensional Boxer would not be able to escape these positions...

Comment

Originally posted by -KING- View Post
            cain rapes him in the cage or in a street fight.
            This ^^^^^^

I don't think its even debatable tbh

Comment

I would have this fight a draw.

Fury rapes Cain for two rounds, then in the third he throws a vicious uppercut that ko's Velasquez, but the upper is thrown so hard it bounces off Cain's chin and ends up in Fury's face, knocking himself out in the process.

Ref counts to 10 in front of a shocked crowd and media.

Comment

furys comments proves what a joke the boxing hw dv is.calling out ufc champ ,pretty sad

Comment

Big slick genius Fury gave him fair warning. The man is armed to the teeth with mile long jabs and uppercuts from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
                    In answer to your query, because it's aggravating to constantly read these quotes from MMA tards about how the "great James Toney" lost in MMA. And these quotes happen all the time.

Fury is 6' 9".

I guess someone 6' 1" is tall to someone eight inches shorter, eh?

Cain is better than Couture? Cool. Fury is also far more dangerous than poor old man Toney was when he stumbled in to take Dana's money.
                    I'm not one of those ignorant fans. I know Fury is trolling but he's still being silly, Cain would smash him in MMA most people could agree with that.

Comment

All Cain would have to do is shoot for a takedown right away and the rest would be a beating. Fury is to tall to stop the takedown and wouldn't be able to get back up once he is down. Cain would ruin fury.

Comment

Working...
                      X