Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More disastrous cherry pick? Pacman/Oscar or Pacman/Marquez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    because he turned down 40 mi, no ppv from floyd and tried to get cotto in a CW before he decided to fight JMM, of whom manny had said i have nothing more to prove against him.

Manny took the fight because he and his team saw an easy payday.
    What does this have to do with it? Didn't Natas already explain to you why this was a bad deal?

How did you score Pac JMM 3 btw?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      What does this have to do with it? Didn't Natas already explain to you why this was a bad deal?

How did you score Pac JMM 3 btw?
      Hectari implied manny chose JMM because he was his toughest rival. Thats not true. He picked JMM after turning down the floyd fight and having cotto reject a cw. Whether another poster feels its a bad deal, he fought for $28 mil and the bulk of the ppv rather than $40 mil.

I thought pac won a close fight.

Comment

I wouldn't say the 4th was a cherry pick solely because the 3rd fight showed Marqeuz still has what it takes to beat Pacquaio even at 147.

The 3rd fight though was an obvious cherry pick. It's funny how history is being revised though

But I'd say Oscar-Pacquaio was worse and more humiliating.

Comment

Hectari implied manny chose JMM because he was his toughest rival. Thats not true. He picked JMM after turning down the floyd fight and having cotto reject a cw. Whether another poster feels its a bad deal, he fought for $28 mil and the bulk of the ppv rather than $40 mil.

Break it down for us then, explain how it would have been possible for Pac to accept $40 million from Floyd transferred to his bank account. Explain in detail how this would have legally worked bypassing Top Rank who Pac was under contract with. Please provide details cuz I get the feeling you don't have the slightest clue.

Comment

Cool so hard to see a cherrypick if you saw a close fight, and many saw JMM winning.

He wasn't gonna fight for 40m if he accepted Floyd's deal, it would have been less than 30m once Arum got his minimum, that's what the poster was explaining. Taking a 8% pay bump for the biggest fight in history is laughable

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Break it down for us then, explain how it would have been possible for Pac to accept $40 million from Floyd transferred to his bank account. Explain in detail how this would have legally worked bypassing Top Rank who Pac was under contract with. Please provide details cuz I get the feeling you don't have the slightest clue.
              Break what down. Top rank, to my knowledge, has no control over manny's bank account. SO i will assume the money goes directly there. Now, would manny have to pay top rank their percentage andany taxes, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Cool so hard to see a cherrypick if you saw a close fight, and many saw JMM winning.

He wasn't gonna fight for 40m if he accepted Floyd's deal, it would have been less than 30m once Arum got his minimum, that's what the poster was explaining. Taking a 8% pay bump for the biggest fight in history is laughable
                true but thats the nature of the deal he has and he needs to do something about it. If anything, Arum should take the loss for manny to make more.

Comment

true but thats the nature of the deal he has and he needs to do something about it. If anything, Arum should take the loss for manny to make more.
                  1. Pac fights on a TR show > Pac gets paid by Arum
                  2. Pac takes a lump sum to fight on another promoter's show > Pac gets to pay Arum

The apples to apples comparison is 26-28m he made vs JMM, Bradley vs 29m he'd have made if he took Floyd's offer. Worst deal ever.

Comment

Break what down. Top rank, to my knowledge, has no control over manny's bank account. SO i will assume the money goes directly there. Now, would manny have to pay top rank their percentage andany taxes, of course.
                    You literally have no idea how contracts work do you?

First off, we don't know if Floyd's offer meant Golden Boy and Floyd would promote the fight or if it would be co-promoted by Top Rank. Quite obviously the former legally wouldn't be possible and the latter would be a joke. Lets say in this fantasy world some how Top Rank would allow this offer. With the millions of dollars that goes into promoting a fight,the venue, etc etc etc out of that $40 million pac would have made LESS than what he fights for. But again legally none of this would fly.

Comment

Everyone knows that Pacman was trying to cherrypick Floyd da best but Floyd da best was just not interested and kept coming up with excuses.

Comment

Working...
                      X