Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the heavyweight division get so much crap?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
    In my opinion it clearly has something to do with the fact that modern pro-boxing is from America and that there (with a few exceptions, Lennox Lewis being the prime expample) always was an American HW champion in modern times. Since the rule of the Klitschko brothers, HW boxing belongs to Europe, and the most successful HW pro boxers are from Eastern Europe/Russia.
    American fans find this hard to accept for a fact, and so they discredit the Klitschko's and fail to give them due respect for their accomplishments.
    It's a generalization, but there's is no doubt in my mind that if the Klitschko's were American, they would have been praised as Greats by the American public.
    In my opinion you are a phaggot.

Marquez gets praised
    Pacquiao gets praised
    Martinez gets praised
    Klitschko's blow.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
      In my opinion you are a phaggot.

Marquez gets praised
      Pacquiao gets praised
      Martinez gets praised
      Klitschko's blow.
      You must be American

Comment

You must be American
        No I am originally from Wales but I live in the Ukraine atm.
        :wank:

Comment

It's shit look at the lower divisions fights of the year: Rios-Alvarado, Chavez-Martinez, Cotto-Mayweather, Lopez-Salido, Marquez-Pacquiao IV: they all shit on any Heavyweight fight this year: it's not fair mate.
          Last edited by damuttz112; 01-01-2013, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dc6112 View Post
            The Klitschkos, Haye, Adamek, Povetkin, Arreola, Pulev, Chisora, Fury, Price.

While this division isn't the most exciting in boxing, it has plenty of talent and every one of these guys has something entertaining about them(klitschkos are boring but they almost always finish their guy). So why do the heavies get ***** on all the time as a weak division? Is is just because there's no American in it aside from Arreola?
            Klitschkos are boring (not all their fault though), Haye barely fights, Povetkin's last opponent was Rahman, and Arreola has weight issues, Price/Fury are still in the process of being built, etc.

Adamek, for all the close decisions he's been getting, is on his grind right now and he's one of the few HWs even worth talking about. Adamek/Pulev should be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
              Too many fatties
              ^this

Comment

because there are no Americans holding belts in the division anymore

Comment

American fans find this hard to accept for a fact, and so they discredit the Klitschko's and fail to give them due respect for their accomplishments.
                  It's a generalization, but there's is no doubt in my mind that if the Klitschko's were American, they would have been praised as Greats by the American public.
                  The exact same ****, happened to Larry Holmes.

What's more is that it happened to Muhammad Ali too.

It happens to Floyd and it is going to continue to happen to Ward.

I could go on and on, it goes all the way back to the very early days of boxing (Gentleman Jim Corbett), the more intelligent fighters get discredited at every turn, even when they beat their "superiors" handily.

I am a fan of Wlad, but you can hardly expect to be a casual fans favourite if you aren't pressing the action all the time.

He wins and there is no-one in the division that could conceivably beat him, but he does not have an eye-catching style nor does he talk **** to hype up his fights. That is the problem. Being American or not may be a slight factor but it doesn't matter as much as you think it does.

Comment

Because it is crap.

Comment

Originally posted by dc6112 View Post
                      The heavies have always has out of shape and blown up cruisers since evander holyfield and james toney were in the division. Why does the division get more **** now than ever before? That's the question I'm asking. People don't appreciate the good fights in this division.
                      You're comparing Holyfield to fighters like Adamek and Haye? James Toney became an HW when the division was heading to the ****ter.

Comment

Working...
                      X