Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is more popular: boxing or American football?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Never heard of him. Is he a good helmet basher?

Just so we're clear, I demand 24/7 365 VADA testing and the same 4ft deep padding and helmets those NFL chaps wear before our showdown.
    Same here man. I get these futbol chaps confused all the time like Messy, Rolando and Looney.... I do know one of them is Italian

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Never heard of him. Is he a good helmet basher?

Just so we're clear, I demand 24/7 365 VADA testing and the same 4ft deep padding and helmets those NFL chaps wear before our showdown.
      Ray Lewis DEFINES the LB position...cut from the BEST cloth that NFL players are cut from...Ray was a animal...in soccer, Ray would be Pepe

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Same here man. I get these futbol chaps confused all the time like Messy, Rolando and Looney.... I do know one of them is Italian
        Looney is nails, check out his work on the bag

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
        Ray Lewis DEFINES the LB position...cut from the BEST cloth that NFL players are cut from...Ray was a animal...in soccer, Ray would be Pepe
        yes Pepe, one of the greats!

Comment

In the states Football is the be all end all. English Football might be more popular in the US than boxing is these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
            Which is the more popular sport?
            football by a wide margin.

Comment

American football is more popular. I love football too but it comes in second to boxing for me.

Comment

besides boxing, there is no better sport than hockey. too bad those greedy fucks ruined the whole hockey year!

Comment

so american football is significantly more popular than basketball or baseball?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    so american football is significantly more popular than basketball or baseball?
                    yes by a wide margin

Comment

Boxing is probably more popular world wide. I mean ali and tyson are VASTLY more famous then any american football player and it's not even close. American football is probably still more profitable despite it being very limited in terms of its international appeal.

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                      The problem with this is football (soccer...) actually requires technical ability. A lot of americans are under the impression that american footballers are somehow the pinnacle of sporting ability. What they seem to forget is that the vast majority of the players have almost no technical abilty or mental acuity and are selected largely on their physical abilities. A lot of those players are probably to spastic to do a proper sport regardless of their size or speed. They may be a tall and as fast as ibrahimovic but to have his technical ability as well? You'll struggle to find many american sports stars with that combination. Not to mention that american football doesn't even select for things like stamina, they run about 0.19 miles in a match, which is nothing compared to other sports.
                      Last edited by eli porter; 12-27-2012, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X