No announcement yet.

floyd beat cotto, trout beat cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Now all I see are a tirade of insults from someone who can't handle the truth.

Again, all fighters face criticism if they do not take on the best. The more a fighter avoids the best the more criticism they will face.

Mayweather is not an exception, stop pretending he is just because you can't handle your favourite fighter taking criticism.

If he gets more threads it's because he's more well known, simple as that.
    This is not our first little dance with this. I'm not gonna act like your little subliminals aren't directed at me. I didn't go in on you like I should every time you open your mouth. Your hate well out weighs my fandom. You comment in every Mayweather thread made. Anyway man show me the tirade you speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      This is not our first little dance with this. I'm not gonna act like your little subliminals aren't directed at me. I didn't go in on you like I should every time you open your mouth. Your hate well out weighs my fandom. You comment in every Mayweather thread made. Anyway man show me the tirade you speak of.
      How about you deal with the topic and not the poster.

Tell us why Guerrero (or even Canelo) is a more legit opponent than Trout.

Comment

Tell us why Guerrero is a more legit opponent than Trout.
        This conversation started as money vs legacy. I can easily see how it would be a better business move to fight a Mexican fighter around independence day to maximize profitability. I never once said that fighting Trout wasn't a decent matchup. Its easy to see that he doesn't make business sense. But OMG, he beats Cotto and all of a sudden all roads lead to Austin. He hasn't accomplished more than Guerrero p4p. I'm not the one with the issue y'all are because you keep searching for some savior to rid you of Mayweather.

Comment

Floyd wouldn't fare well IMO going to 154 and having more fights back at 147 at his age. Sure he hasn't been in wars, but his body is aging. Although Trout vs May should happen.

It's just Floyd doesn't really fight the best, and if he had of fought the best I believe he could of been a way greater fight overall(maybe the best) even if he had a loss or two.

Comment

This conversation started as money vs legacy. I can easily see how it would be a better business move to fight a Mexican fighter around independence day to maximize profitability. I never once said that fighting Trout wasn't a decent matchup. Its easy to see that he doesn't make business sense.But OMG, he beats Cotto and all of a sudden all roads lead to Austin.
            Well as a boxing fan what are you interested in, a fighter's "business" moves or the best boxing match-ups?

He hasn't accomplished more than Guerrero p4p.
            Are you taking into account Guerrero's run at lightweight? because that isn't relevant when he's fighting at two weight divisions above.

Comment

Well as a boxing fan what are you interested in, a fighter's "business" moves or the best boxing match-ups?

Are you taking into account Guerrero's run at lightweight? because that isn't relevant when he's fighting at two weight divisions above.
              As a boxing fan I'm interested in fights. Its rare you will even see me discuss money. But you if you need a quick obvious answer as to who will bring in the most revenue then I'm your guy. Is that aspect of "why Guerrero over Trout" common sense or am I a genius?

Guerrero's run at LW is a factor. So far his accomplishments at ww rivals Trout too. The Cotto win puts him in the lead ever so slightly. They both have some things to show. Guerrero got the shot first. What's the big deal? As a fan I watch who ever laces up that night. I'll enjoy watching Mayweather fight the ghost. If it had been Trout I'm sure it would be enjoyed the same. People sit up and whine about guys that don't have the body of work to support the crying.

Comment

As a boxing fan I'm interested in fights. Its rare you will even see me discuss money. But you if you need a quick obvious answer as to who will bring in the most revenue then I'm your guy. Is that aspect of "why Guerrero over Trout" common sense or am I a genius?

Guerrero's run at LW is a factor. So far his accomplishments at ww rivals Trout too. The Cotto win puts him in the lead ever so slightly. They both have some things to show. Guerrero got the shot first. What's the big deal? As a fan I watch who ever laces up that night. I'll enjoy watching Mayweather fight the ghost. If it had been Trout I'm sure it would be enjoyed the same. People sit up and whine about guys that don't have the body of work to support the crying.
                Guerrero beat Berto. What kind of body of work is that? What makes Berto so special that once you beat him you get to fight Floyd?

Trout is a titlist at 54, undefeated and a stylistic nightmare for Floyd.

Quit being a **** and just say you want to see no parts of trout.

Comment

Tell us why Guerrero (or even Canelo) is a more legit opponent than Trout.
                  As you know, I'm not a Floyd fan, but I do like the Ghost fight for Floyd. I think he's earned his shot the right way & I believe whole heartily that he will be surprisingly competitive with Floyd.

If Floyd decides to fight at 154 again, that's when I'm gonna have a problem. His fans always say he fights for the most reward least risk. That's fine if he wants to do that. But knowing that about him, how can they act like he's greater than fighters that don't have that option, who actually fight the best while winning most of them??

Comment

Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
                    Again... floyd would not take on a fighter who is a threat to his 0... classic floyd move to wait a year & decide very carefully who to fight next.

I don't think No Doubt can beat Money...he is a good basic fighter but that it, HE IS A GOOD BASIC FIGHTER. Does he have a ring IQ, Can he summon up the skillset to beat an opponent who doesn't get tired on him? How will he fare when he fighting a opponent who he doesn't have the physical advantages over? Other than Angel, does he have any special wins over special opponents?

I don't think Money is scared of No Doubt but at Money age, it is all about the money.

As a boxing fan, I'd rather him fight Canelo if it's on PPV and No Doubt if it's on free TV due to the fan friendly style of Canelo and the "style" of No Doubt
                    Last edited by Queen_Leia; 01-03-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                      Guerrero beat Berto. What kind of body of work is that? What makes Berto so special that once you beat him you get to fight Floyd?

Trout is a titlist at 54, undefeated and a stylistic nightmare for Floyd.

Quit being a **** and just say you want to see no parts of trout.
                      the point is that neither has done much son, what is the big push for Trout. Either is fine in my book. That's another point y'all keep skipping over. Now that Guerrero has his shot that's the fight that's interesting because its happening. "Stylistic nightmare". That nightmare is ever changing. Let me show you how weird that is, these have been Floyd's nightmares: Margarito, Hatton, Pacquiao, Hearns, fighter A- take your pick of who you think can do what Castillo did, Corrals and now Trout. None of them fight the same. Anybody who has that many problems with styles should find another line of business. What the hell do you mean "you don't want any parts of Trout". I ain't fighting Trout. When you favorite boxer fights you feel like you're in the ring? Lol. Nutty ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X