Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito's resume is weak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the opportunities that Margarito got throughout his career, he could have had one of the greatest resumes of this era.

Pacquiao, Mosley, Cotto x2, Williams, Clottey, Martinez, Cintron.

Unfortunately just fighting good fighters does not make a good resume, you have to actually beat them. But if he was actually good, he should have beaten all of these guys, especially an old Mosley who he was favored over.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      With the opportunities that Margarito got throughout his career, he could have had one of the greatest resumes of this era.

Pacquiao, Mosley, Cotto x2, Williams, Clottey, Martinez, Cintron.

Unfortunately just fighting good fighters does not make a good resume, you have to actually beat them. But if he was actually good, he should have beaten all of these guys, especially an old Mosley who he was favored over.
      Beaten all of them to make him good? He beat most of them and he was already defeated before getting in the ring with Mosley. And since that Mosley is "old" then there goes the credit for Mayweather beating him cause he was older and was inactive for like 16 months or so.

Margarito was good and elite but not GREAT.

Comment

another top rank hype job, we've seen it time and time again

Comment

Margo faced a bunch of solid fighters that most top WW avoided. Lewis, Cintron, Williams, Lujan, Clottey, etc. Either he won most of those matches or was a very close fight.

He has early wins in his career against Martinez, Randall, Kamau and between those he had a very good fight against Antonio Diaz.

His wrap scandal has over shadowed his solid career

Comment

He was also robbed against Santos

Comment

I wouldn't say it's weak.

He's one of, if not the best and most dominant of the last era.

Comment

He was feared by all including your idol floyd. Nobody wanted to face him bc in his prime he was a beast.

Comment

He's one of, if not the best and most dominant of the last era.
                  you must be joking what makes him the best and most dominant of this era?

how many champions did he defeat..when you speak of the best and most dominant margarito and his limited skill set does not even remotely approach those two words..

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                    I am a broke,bum ass nothing,nobody wants me in their life and if i died tomorrow there would be less than 10 people at my funeral.I havent had a relationship that lasted over a month in 5 years and make minimum wage.I can not get a good job due to my background and would be homeless is my mom did not let me keep the house.I have nothing but my kids and without them i would not care it i lived or died.I post here so much because my life is miserable and when i am banned i lose sleep.I think i am Skitso and should seek help.when i lay down at night i think of murder to put me to sleep.i dream of dead bodies and bloody hallways.I am an alcoholic and a cokehead who hasnt used a condom in years and can only sleep with hoodrat whores.Where is my life going?sometimes i just do not care,i fantasize about my death and masturbate to my own pain.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=575925

/ thread.

Comment

PURO TONY TORNADO

Comment

Working...
                      X