Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. Guerrero is Close To Done For May 4th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring on canelo vs trout. Trout really deserves it.

Comment

not enthused by this fight but what did ppl expect? with no manny, there isn't better fight at ww. and at jmw there are no real good fights either. id rather Floyd retire honestly. but hey, he has money to make but it wont be made off me.

Comment

If he does indeed fight again in September I have no problem with this fight. Guerrero is hungry and has a huge heart. I'm looking forward to seeing him try to rough up Floyd and test his will like no one has in a while.

Alvarez v. Mayweather should be held off until Alvarez fights someone legitimate to build the fight up and that should hopefully come on the same card. If both guys take care of business we're looking at a super fight in September.

Comment

Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
          I knew floyd would duck canelo. The ghost is not better than canelo.
          Guerrero has a much better record than Canelo, at least he's proven himself. I can't recall Canelo even fighting a top 10 fighter in his own weight division so why should he deserve a crack at the number 1 p4p?

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            WOW! A top 3 ranked WW, 6 time, 4 division Champion, and one of the hottest fighters right now in any division is considered a cherry pick!

Just goes to show how good some think Floyd really is.
            Just goes to show how much people want to see him lose,accusing of ducking middleweights and everything

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
              Guerrero has a much better record than Canelo, at least he's proven himself. I can't recall Canelo even fighting a top 10 fighter in his own weight division so why should he deserve a crack at the number 1 p4p?
              Exactly, Canelo hasn't even fought anyone close to the level of Berto

Comment

Damn was hoping for Alvarez at 154.

I also doubt Mayweather will fight in Sept 2013 like he said.

Comment

Nobody doubted for a second that Floyd would duck Canelo.

Comment

Good fight, and I like both guys so I'm definitely on board with it. This Fight continues to solidify Floyd's position at 147, and creates the perfect scenario to become lineal in two different divisions simultaneously if he moves on to face Canelo in the fall. That would be pretty damn awesome, and meanwhile The Ghost will be on the threshold of greatness having a chance to supplant the p4p kingpin, and being one of a handful of fighters to win championships at featherweight and welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                      Let me ask you a question........

How many PPV's has Canelo sold on his own?
                      How many PPV's has Guerrero sold on his own?

Mayweather vs Mosley (two black fighters) sold 1.4 million ppv on May 1st. Do you remember that?
                      Well, you know Alvarez was on the undercard, right? No offense, but everyone knows the hispanic market is what helps keep boxing alive.

Comment

Working...
                      X