Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. Guerrero is Close To Done For May 4th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! A top 3 ranked WW, 6 time, 4 division Champion, and one of the hottest fighters right now in any division is considered a cherry pick!

Just goes to show how good some think Floyd really is.

Comment

Originally posted by FightHistorian View Post
      I just have to wonder just how are they going to hype this one up? I really don't think the casual fan base really knows who Guerrero is. If this fight is on HBO (which it should be) they're going to have their work cut out for them on 24/7 making the fans believe the Ghost actually stands a chance.
      They don't have to hype it, the name "Mayweather" sells by itself. He could fight you or me and get 500,000 buys

Comment

Good news for me. Guerreros no scrub. Hes been around a long time. Hes the toughest fighter out there at 147 in my opinion. Alexander, Paulie, and those other fighters out there cant compete with Floyd. I dont mind this matchup at all. Im just glad Floyd is fighting. Boxings more exciting when Floyd has a fight on the books.

Comment

I knew floyd would duck canelo. The ghost is not better than canelo.

Comment

He should fight canelo but I think he is scared mayweather struggles at 154 and against a young guy like canelo he would lose

Comment

Can someone bump up the thread where Robert was first mooted as a Mayweather opponent? I wanna see what people were saying then.

Because right now, people have convinced themselves this is a decent fight.

This is a really bad fight.

Comment

Bring on Canelo vs Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by FightHistorian View Post
                  I just have to wonder just how are they going to hype this one up? I really don't think the casual fan base really knows who Guerrero is. If this fight is on HBO (which it should be) they're going to have their work cut out for them on 24/7 making the fans believe the Ghost actually stands a chance.
                  Pacquiao vs CLottey.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                    Can someone bump up the thread where Robert was first mooted as a Mayweather opponent? I wanna see what people were saying then.

Because right now, people have convinced themselves this is a decent fight.

This is a really bad fight.
                    No one should be surprised floyd picked guerrero... floyd knows he can beat him unless guerrero fights like castillo & applies lots of pressure.

Comment

This is a good fight, but how are they gonna sell this to the public? I am a Mayweather fan, but I will be rooting for the Ghost. Upsets are good for the sport, since they shake things up and get people talking about the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X