Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nathan Cleverly Eyes Shumenov, Hopkins-Cloud Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've personally heard enough from Cleverly. I use to be a fan but now I can't bring myself to even consider him a World Champion. He just hasn't fought anyone!

I'm sure a lot of it is Warren, he has form for this stuff after all, but Clev needs to force the issue if he REALLY wants these fights and wants to be take seriously.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Cleverly said the same this time last year, he was looking forward to a huge 2012 with unification fights, Cloud, Hopkins, Dawson et al.

And who did he fight in 2012? Tommy Karpency and Shawn Hawk! Hahahaha.

Comment

Clev is a wanna be Calzaghe....Joe's aura is what he's missing though....still aint fight nobody worth a ranking...time is ticking homie!!

Comment

This guys closer to some kind of tv actor than a real prize fighter. I mean damn , you couldn't have more of a sham british champ than this guy.

Comment

Believe it when I see it......

Comment

November 11, 2012 Nathan Cleverly eyes Bernard Hopkins fight after easy nights work in Los Angeles

26 February 2012 Nathan Cleverly targets Hopkins after seeing off Tommy Karpency

16 October 2011 Nathan Cleverly targets Bernard Hopkins after victory over Tony Bellew

22 May 2011 Nathan Cleverly eyes defence against Bernard Hopkins after beating Aleksy Kuziemski

Comment

someone should keep records of every time a notorious ducker gets a boxingscene post claiming he wants to fight the top guys in the division. This has to be the sixth or seventh post of this nature in the past two or three years and he hasn't given us anything close to a meaningful fight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BritJimbo View Post
                    Exactly, "unification"?....does ANYONE apart from the WBO consider Cleverly any kind of champion, one decent win over a borderline top ten guy.

Pathetic
                    Well he's beaten Bellew and Murat, hardly elite fighters but in the thin division are both around about the bottom end of top 10. Not fighting Braehmer wasn't his fault either but yeah I'm also very disappointed in the quality of his opposition. I think it has more to do with Frank Warren than Cleverly, Warren doesn't have many headlining capable fighters currently and I'm sure he's concerned about risking a loss for that reason.

While it is a thin division there is plenty of good match-ups to be made, Shumenov, Campillo, Froch, Hopkins, Dawson, Cloud, a Bellew rematch would all make legit match-ups. Once he gets this mandatory out of the way its time to put up or shut up.
                    Last edited by diarraisagod; 12-22-2012, 02:28 AM.

Comment

haha same exact thing calzaghe did for years and years. fight bums then pretend call out guys. cleverly will fight martinez when he turns 43 and win a split decision over him to seal his legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X