Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nathan Cleverly Eyes Shumenov, Hopkins-Cloud Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krasniqi is no:1 contender so his oppo is improving at least.

He has to take this fight hopefully, Shumenov after that, then the big guns - possibly Hopkins if he's still continuing.

Plenty of big fights after Shumenov.

Also, no way does he stop Cleverly. Cleverly will win a UD or stop him somewhere late from 8 onwards.

Comment

Well he's beaten Bellew and Murat, hardly elite fighters but in the thin division are both around about the bottom end of top 10. Not fighting Braehmer wasn't his fault either but yeah I'm also very disappointed in the quality of his opposition. I think it has more to do with Frank Warren than Cleverly, Warren doesn't have many headlining capable fighters currently and I'm sure he's concerned about risking a loss for that reason.

While it is a thin division there is plenty of good match-ups to be made, Shumenov, Campillo, Froch, Hopkins, Dawson, Cloud, a Bellew rematch would all make legit match-ups. Once he gets this mandatory out of the way its time to put up or shut up.

-------------------------------

Agreed!

Seems once your hated your hated.

The truth with Shumenov is he didn't want to fight in the UK and Us wouldn't give them a date so Cleverly cancelled a fight 10 mins from his house so that he could get exposure in America.

Credit where credits due - come of of his comfort zone to get exposure to force the big fights.

Krasniqi is his mandatory which he has to take next or get stripped.

Murat and Bellew are decent fights. Brahmer pulling out was hardly his fault but I agree next year he needs bigger names and fights - end of.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        haha same exact thing calzaghe did for years and years. fight bums then pretend call out guys. cleverly will fight martinez when he turns 43 and win a split decision over him to seal his legacy.
        bullet!!!

Comment

Hahaha, great post.

Cleverly is an embarrassment to British boxing.

Comment

Working...
          X