No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa: I'll Win a Title First, Then I Want Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    Adrien's ppl move him up before the fight can be made..Guarantee it. Too much risk involved
    Why would you think that? They haven't ducked nobody. Gamboa didn't even look that great in his last fight. Gamboa should fight Burns, even if its in the UK. If he can win the title, that would be one good reason to fight him. But, I think we all know they want to fight Broner for the money and I can see them making it very difficult or impossible to make the fight, because they are asking for so much money. Broner doesn't even need Gamboa, but I'd still like to see that fight.

Comment

Before I would have thought Gamboa wins this one easily but with his glass jaw I think he gets KO'd by Broner.

Comment

Gamboa should give up on the Broner dream and fight JuanMa......

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          Gamboa should give up on the Broner dream and fight JuanMa......
          The JaunMa fight might have lost some sizzle to it, but its still a solid money fight. In the right location it could even produce a good gate.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Broner is not as fast as Gamboa in any way. Yuri has faster hands and faster overall movement. But Broner is obviously bigger. He hits at least as hard as Yuri, if not harder. Adrien is also better defensively. In the end, I agree, I think Broner has the edge. Fights don't always play out the way they look on paper, however. That's part of the fun. Trying to figure it all out and then seeing if you're right.
          Gamboa may have the faster hands and movement, but its when he sits down and unleashes his combos that he is vulnerable. Farenas knocked down Gamboa by allowing Gamboa to light him up and punched through that storm and it caught Gamboa. I think Broner has enough ability to lure Gamboa into throwing, being defensive minded to avoid being hit, and catching and knocking down Gamboa with a sneaky right. I think if Gamboa keeps getting countered in his combos he has no other weapon to rely on.

Comment

Boa will stay on the outside and box. Broner will try to walk him down

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              The JaunMa fight might have lost some sizzle to it, but its still a solid money fight. In the right location it could even produce a good gate.
              Yeah.... I feel the same.... JuanMa is arguably the biggest money fight/er from 126-130 and would be an easier payday and task then beating Broner.... Gamboa-JuanMa is a better match up for Gamboa then Gamboa-Broner would be

Comment

What I like to hear.

He had his first fight at a new weight, twice knocked down a man who had only ever been down once and overall dominated a good opponent despite it being his first fight after the long lay-off. There's a bit more rust to be worked off before he's fully back to his devastating best.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
                  Gamboa has too many strikes against him.

- Overly aggressive
                  - Small
                  - Lack of defense

Broner can match if not exceed Gamboa's speed and is bigger and more powerful.

Gamboa won't out quick him. He can't outbox him. I don't see a viable path to victory for Gamboa. Don't see how anybody does.
                  I'm not saying Gamboa will beat Broner but...WTF?? match or exceed Gamboa's speed? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                    That makes no sense.. Broner is a big guy and was never going to be at 135 long. Gamboa knows that. Broner wants that fight next, Gamboa doesn't.. Don't see how that's Broners ducking.
                    So, Gamboa needs to inmediately go up in weight to fight Broner....if not, he's ducking?

Comment

Folks, I know Gamboa is very fast. I also know it's very easy for a guy to APPEAR faster when he throws fast punches in flurries like Gamboa compared to Broner who is more economical. But that doesn't mean Broner's hand speed doesn't match Gamboas.

And at the end of the day, speed don't mean shiet without accuracy. So check the connect % and plus/minus between Broner and Gamboa...I think you'll see there isn't much of a comparison here.

Comment

Working...
                      X