No announcement yet.

The logic of Canelo Alvarez haters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    The pampered little red head will destroy Austin Trout after he loses/wins against Mayweather. Austin barely beat Cotto, the scores were way too wide. I had the fight a lot closer.

Canelo would have knocked Cotto out.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. Canelo has done literally nothing to back up your statement. It's ok to believe in his potential but arguing it is a losing proposition. You have to do what us Guerrero fans have done and let your guy prove everyone wrong. With Canelo, he's not proved anything, but wants to jump right into the big money fight. Fight Trout and prove yourself instead of running off before Trout can call you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Well, since we're being honest, I thought Cotto did win around 5 rounds. The score cards were too wide.

Funny thing to here you say ginger (would have ko'd Cotto & will destroy Trout). I figure if Oscar & ginger believed that, they'd fight Trout. After all Trout has called him out twice & once in Spanish & beat up his brother on the porch of their house.

Anyhow, look me up if ginger ever gets the nuts to fight him. I;ll gladly relieve you of all your points.
      More money in a Puerto Rico vs Mexico fight especially with two fighters with big fanbases.

Even more money in a fight between Mayweather and Canelo.

I would like to see Canelo vs Trout, but it's not a match up I want to see right NOW. I'd rather see Canelo vs Mayweather rather than Trout, because Mayweather's legs are gone he'd be forced to fight and really pull off a hard earned decision. Trout is young and can run away the whole fight and not engage as soon as he feels Canelo's power. Mayweather, Cotto, Kirkland and Angulo are all fights i'd like to see Canelo in before Trout. It's not that Trout is some master who Canelo needs more experience for, I just don't like Trout's style.

Comment

More money in a Puerto Rico vs Mexico fight especially with two fighters with big fanbases.

Even more money in a fight between Mayweather and Canelo.

I would like to see Canelo vs Trout, but it's not a match up I want to see right NOW. I'd rather see Canelo vs Mayweather rather than Trout, because Mayweather's legs are gone he'd be forced to fight and really pull off a hard earned decision. Trout is young and can run away the whole fight and not engage as soon as he feels Canelo's power. Mayweather, Cotto, Kirkland and Angulo are all fights i'd like to see Canelo in before Trout. It's not that Trout is some master who Canelo needs more experience for, I just don't like Trout's style.
        If we could compare koing Josesito to koing Trout then I'd agree. But being that Josesito was a jr welterweight & Trout is a big rangy southpaw jr middleweight, I find the talk of ginger's awesome power as laughable.

But please, which decent jr middleweight (besides Rhodes) did ginger demonstrate the awesome power you speak of against?? Just curious. I don't really consider a man that fights in the 154lb division koing guys anywhere from 135-147 anything to brag about.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
          That's exactly what I'm talking about. Canelo has done literally nothing to back up your statement. It's ok to believe in his potential but arguing it is a losing proposition. You have to do what us Guerrero fans have done and let your guy prove everyone wrong. With Canelo, he's not proved anything, but wants to jump right into the big money fight. Fight Trout and prove yourself instead of running off before Trout can call you out.
          He's not proved anything. Okay, but wouldn't fighting the #1 guy proving you want to fight the best?

Is this all about how much money Canelo would get from a Floyd fight? Is that why you don't want to see it, because he'd get too much money?

It's a fight he could lose, and you don't want to see it? I thought you guys wanted to see him lose, but instead it's just that you don't want to see him in a big money fight. The only reason it's a big event is because it takes two to dance and Canelo is a draw himself.

Vanes is unproven, worst than Canelo, he hasn't even beaten a top 10 JMW ever. Yet, people would be okay with Mayweather vs Vanes. I know they would.

Comment

I'm tired of that "Lopez is a JWW" crap. Lopez is a WW, who was going to do what Ortiz was gonna do if he won. And every one loved the thought of Canelo vs Ortiz. Lopez is actually a WW, and if he goes down to 140 to fight Khan he will be weight drained. The guy took the power of a huge WW and even stopped him. Dude is a WW. Stop calling him a JWW he hasn't fought there since last year, he can't go back, he'd be weightdrained.

Comment

He's not proved anything. Okay, but wouldn't fighting the #1 guy proving you want to fight the best?
              By that logic, try this; Go into a corporation. Tell them that you aren't credentialed and aren't willing to work your way up in the company but you are willing to be the boss. See how much respect that gets you.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                floyd mayweather is the biggest payday anyone can get in boxing. depending how alvarez performs, on paper it looks like gbp is cashing him out. why would anyone give credit to a kid who has so much left to prove facing the best in the sport for a huge payday?
                i want to say he has to earn his shot, but we know that boxing unfortunately doesn't work that way. i'm not against the fight, if it happens it happens. all i'm saying is that when the fight happens and alvarez loses, people shouldn't be going around praising him for "fighting the best", when really all he did was cash out.
                i do hope alvarez is the next big star in boxing, but right now the way he's being brought along, i don't like it. i'm still a fan of his, but i really wish he'd try going after the serious competition in his division (trout, lara, vanes, and molina). i understand how boxing is a business though. it is what it is i guess...
                whether canelo fighting floyd or a nobody,Hes stills getting paid big money
                no matter what.He got close to 3 million against josito lopez.I dont get
                when fans say he only wants a payday.He believes he can give floyd
                a fight,And so do i.

Comment

Is this all about how much money Canelo would get from a Floyd fight? Is that why you don't want to see it, because he'd get too much money?

It's a fight he could lose, and you don't want to see it? I thought you guys wanted to see him lose, but instead it's just that you don't want to see him in a big money fight. The only reason it's a big event is because it takes two to dance and Canelo is a draw himself.

Vanes is unproven, worst than Canelo, he hasn't even beaten a top 10 JMW ever. Yet, people would be okay with Mayweather vs Vanes. I know they would.
                  Mayweather vs. Vanes? Who would be okay with that? Maybe there would be a little more interest since he held his own against Lara (terrible fight though), but I don't think anyone is clamoring for that fight or even would be particularly interested.

Comment

I'm tired of that "Lopez is a JWW" crap. Lopez is a WW, who was going to do what Ortiz was gonna do if he won. And every one loved the thought of Canelo vs Ortiz. Lopez is actually a WW, and if he goes down to 140 to fight Khan he will be weight drained. The guy took the power of a huge WW and even stopped him. Dude is a WW. Stop calling him a JWW he hasn't fought there since last year, he can't go back, he'd be weightdrained.
                    It isn't crap. He moved up to 147 to fight Ortiz and then moved up to 154 to fight Alvarez. Even if you call him a natural WW he had only fought there once and immediately moved up, so it was still a mismatch.

People were somewhat intrigued with Ortiz because he was young (Canelo has been fighting older guys), had decent power, and was big for the WW division (weighed 164 vs. Floyd on fight night). In that sense it would have been a step up. Would have preferred a more proven JMW like Lara, Kirkland, or Molina over Ortiz though.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                      "But Canelo hasn't fought anyone! He's protected!!!!!"
                      *rumored to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr*
                      "Canelo is too young for Floyd, he's not ready yet!"

damn if you do, damn if you don't.
                      Dang, you blew your argument with your first reason.
                      Again giving credit to fights he never even fought to the fights that he did... against old people and people 1 or even 2 weigh divisions below him.

"But he could have fought Paul Williams or Victor Ortiz!"

Well he fought a JWW instead of fighting a JMW.
                      Come back when he actually fights somebody in his weight class

Comment

Working...
                      X