No announcement yet.

The logic of Canelo Alvarez haters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
    If you knew anything of that boxing is and business you will know that who you have fought has very little to do with "earning" a shot. Boxing is a business and Canelo sells as does mayweather, therefore this fight makes the boxers a lot of money, the promoters, and the networks a lot of money. Everything else is irrelevant, including your opinion.
    It's also a sport, so it entails competition. You have to compete to earn a shot usually. Most fighters don't just get to fight old, blown-up fighters and then fight the best fighter in their division let alone in the world.

We all realize Floyd would fight Canelo essentially just for the money, but it does not mean we have to like it especially when we believe others have paid their dues.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I believe you. Maybe I am wrong but from the first time I saw him fight I thought he had talent and potential and I think he keeps getting better. I always bet a few hundred dollars on him to win and I will keep on betting on him to win no matter who he fights. I know his opposition has been weak but I think he is a damn good fighter and I will believe that until I see another boxer prove he is not so good in the ring. Lopez said Canelo is far better and hits much harder than Ortiz and Ortiz got the Mayweather fight. I don't think Floyd wants any part of him and I hope I am wrong. I am pretty sure Floyd will be fighting Guerrero next.
      I'm sure Canelo is a much better fighter than Ortiz (comes into his fights very big for WW), but you should keep in mind Canelo is much bigger than Floyd, so I can see how Floyd would be reluctant even if he and his team won't admit it. They say he would beat Martinez who is the same size as Canelo, so I assume they would say the same about Canelo who has never really been challenged.

Guerrero has fought tougher opposition (Canelo is hardly a P4P king, so there isn't that element) and is closer in age as well as weight, so it makes more sense.

Comment

The kid is still green and unproven. Floyd knows that and is trying to take advantage of it. I dont blame Canelo one bit wanting to fight floyd though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealNess View Post
          Alvarez is a future ATG, CASH COW, FACE OF BOXING, WILL STAY UNDEAFEATED, WILL NEVER BE ACCUSED OF DUCKING, and the haters cant stand it.

Viva Alvarez, e un verga por los haterz
          Even though you're a troll alt account.... this is bad on so many levels.

Comment

The truth is Mayweather vs Canelo is the most interesting match up for 2013. It would definitely be the biggest event of 2013, and most likely the biggest event since May-DLH. I'm curious to see Canelo's aggressive but intelligent and poised style, against an aging Mayweather who was given a tough fight by the smaller[than Canelo] Miguel Cotto.

There are lots of interesting match ups out there in different weight classes but this is the one I really want to see in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
              He doesn't pay his dues, promoters pay his dues by spending money on fighters and making them into known names that generate revenue. GB has paid their dues in making Canelo known to the public and he's already proven he's a hit. It's time to make some money. I find it funny when posters act like belts and rankings mean anything more. That's been long gone since early 2000's. No one cares about that crap anymore including the promoter and ABC's. It's all about generating a revenue now and the ones who do that, get the best treatment.
              the point of the thread was that canelo doesnt deserve critisism over his level of oposition when hes willing to fight mayweather. my response is he should have to earn it.

ppl who critisize his competition and the fact that hes going after floyd arent hypocrites like TS claims. thats my point.

what titles are worth and all that doesnt have anything to do with the subject. but for the record i know why GBP want to make the fight, it didnt come as a suprise. that doesnt make it right though. i know promoters try to make BS fights if it makes financial sense, im just saying i dont want to see it.

Comment

I think he's the future and is showing continuous improvement. HOWEVER, don't tell me that he's proved or earned much of anything thus far. When you guys hype him, expect a backlash from people who are tired of hearing it. Believe in him, sure. But, stay humble until he accomplishes something.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  The truth is Mayweather vs Canelo is the most interesting match up for 2013. It would definitely be the biggest event of 2013, and most likely the biggest event since May-DLH. I'm curious to see Canelo's aggressive but intelligent and poised style, against an aging Mayweather who was given a tough fight by the smaller[than Canelo] Miguel Cotto.

There are lots of interesting match ups out there in different weight classes but this is the one I really want to see in 2013.
                  What's interesting about Floyd thoroughly outboxing & dominating Oscar's pampered, protected little red head?? A pampered, protected little redhead who's ducked his entire division.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    What's interesting about Floyd thoroughly outboxing & dominating Oscar's pampered, protected little red head?? A pampered, protected little redhead who's ducked his entire division.
                    The pampered little red head will destroy Austin Trout after he loses/wins against Mayweather. Austin barely beat Cotto, the scores were way too wide. I had the fight a lot closer.

Canelo would have knocked Cotto out.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      The pampered little red head will destroy Austin Trout after he loses/wins against Mayweather. Austin barely beat Cotto, the scores were way too wide. I had the fight a lot closer.

Canelo would have knocked Cotto out.
                      Well, since we're being honest, I thought Cotto did win around 5 rounds. The score cards were too wide.

Funny thing to here you say ginger (would have ko'd Cotto & will destroy Trout). I figure if Oscar & ginger believed that, they'd fight Trout. After all Trout has called him out twice & once in Spanish & beat up his brother on the porch of their house.

Anyhow, look me up if ginger ever gets the nuts to fight him. I;ll gladly relieve you of all your points.

Comment

Working...
                      X