Your thoughts on Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Macklins a decent fighter.

He probably should have got the decision against Sturm and he has a few solid wins.

Then again, he's the same guy who got brutally knocked out by Jamie Moore.

He knocked out Alcine in the first round, but what's so great about that?
    Why the Hell you crying? If you don't like Sergio. Just man up son and say it. Don't go around circles and attempt to discredit his resume, which is actually very very good.

Sergio have taken more risks and fought tougher fights than Floyd has recently.

Step down.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
      Why the Hell you crying? If you don't like Sergio. Just man up son and say it. Don't go around circles and attempt to discredit his resume, which is actually very very good.

Sergio have taken more risks and fought tougher fights than Floyd has recently.

Step down.

As I said in the other thread, I don't dislike Sergio Martinez I think he's a good fighter just a little overrated.

After the amazing year he had to 2010, I considered myself a fan of his.

It wasn't until he cherry picked Darren Barker that I started to go off him a little.

I still consider him one of the best fighters in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Murray's rankings: Ring #8, WBC #3, WBA #3, WBO #1. He's a former Commonwealth titlist. He had a draw vs. Sturm (who I considered the #2 MW at the time) and Sergio is coming off an injury. Murray is the same caliber of opponent (maybe even better) as Barker. Unlike when Sergio fought Barker, I actually know who Murray is. I don't think Murray is that bad of an opponent.
        This is the problem, we don't need another Barker. To be fair, it's a homecoming fight and is fine for what it is. But consider that Chavez is next in sept, and that's 3 years of non p4p activity. I understand he's earned the right to maximize his risk/reward, but lets not make him some anti Floyd/Pac. He's doing the same thing, except with worse comp since PWill 2 (2 full years), having done far less to earn the right. Not that anyone wouldn't do it in his position.

Comment

good fighter but overrated ..and i think he's got **** tendencies, no offense!

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            good fighter but overrated ..and i think he's got **** tendencies, no offense!
            lmao how does he have **** tendencies

Comment

So would I.

I'd like to see Golovkin get a solid win or two under his belt then a fight with him and Martinez is logical.

on free HBO...neither name is big enough to warrant ppv...its one of those free fights that's like a reward for the fans

Comment

I guess they're comparable.

Losing to Lopez is possibly as bad as being knocked out cold by Jamie Moore.
                You clearly have a bias against Macklin. Otherwise why would you bring up a fight he lost over six years ago in a different division. You also have to remember that Macklin isn't an old guy, he was probably green at the time being 23 or 24. The guy has gotten a lot better and more experienced since then and he's also much stronger physically. Further, Buddy McGirt has done a good job with him in his last few fights; the guy can now box and brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                  You clearly have a bias against Macklin. Otherwise why would you bring up a fight he lost over six years ago in a different division. You also have to remember that Macklin isn't an old guy, he was probably green at the time being 23 or 24. The guy has gotten a lot better and more experienced since then and he's also much stronger physically. Further, Buddy McGirt has done a good job with him in his last few fights; the guy can now box and brawl.
                  I really don't have a bias against Macklin. Because I don't rate him I must have a bias against him? Why is that the recurring theme around here?

I've followed Macklins entire career and although he is a decent fighter he is not a very good fighter, IMO. He surprised me in the Sturm fight and should have got the W IMO which is again, why I give Martinez credit for that win because he was very unlucky to not get the W against the #2 in the division at the time.

He has improved since the Moore fight, sure. But not by too much. He still has a lot of weaknesses now that he had back then. But, he is more polished.

And Macklin can not box. He is not a good boxer.

One of the most false and stupid myths going around on this site.

Comment

Sergio is a beast. Amazing athletic ability, huge punching power, and he usually gets into exciting fights. One of the best overall skillsets of any fighter around at the moment. Im a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                      lmao how does he have **** tendencies
                      he's a prettyboy that seems to not like girls

Comment

Working...
                      X