Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Student boxing as a part time job. Good idea? How far can I go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    Do you know how hard it is for a JMW to fight a LHW? My size will definitely keep me afloat until I gain some skills.
    It's not like Imma be fighting Austin Trout. I'm going to be fighting a bunch of more experienced but much much smaller guys. A good big man always beat a good little man.You tell me to stop disrespecting boxing? I tell you to Stop disrespecting physics.
    size does not wins fights skills do..all your size will do is make the sound of you hitting the canvas louder..i know guys with 0 fights in my gyn who would change your life..you say you have 0 experience and are depending on size..man you are in for a rude awakening

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
      ya but I'm only 2nd year student 20 years old. I mean didn't George Foreman start at 20? What about that other dude.. what's his name. Sergio Martinez.

Sexy Sergio did and look at him now. I'm bigger than Sergio was, I'm stronger, and I'm faster.
      Sergio was a semi professional athlete at 20, but if you truly are quicker than Martinez then who am I to say no.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        size does not wins fights skills do..all your size will do is make the sound of you hitting the canvas louder..i know guys with 0 fights in my gyn who would change your life..you say you have 0 experience and are depending on size..man you are in for a rude awakening
        Size is influential, otherwise we wouldn't have weight classes. However, experience and ability are obviously also important.

I don't think Nate Campbell started boxing until he was nearly 30, similarly Glen Johnson started relatively late.

Comment

You should try MMA instead. Maybe even wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
            Sergio was a semi professional athlete at 20, but if you truly are quicker than Martinez then who am I to say no.
            I'm pretty damn fast for someone who walks around at 200. I'll upload some videos of me sprints and pad work. My hand speed is pretty damn fast.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
              You should try MMA instead. Maybe even wrestling.
              I want to try a sport with a rich history. MMA and Wrestling are for fat slobs, I ain't down with that shyt.

like one of my idols Bernard Hopkins said

"Where I come from, we don't like to watch men wrestle in underwear"

Comment

You should probably go learn how to box first. Knocking someone out in a 3 round backyard match ain't ****...

Also, as far as your "wrestling and MMA is for fat slobs" comment goes, Wrestling is one of the physically hardest and toughest sports a guy could compete in. On top of that, Wrestlers are among some of the most fit athletes out there, it'd be wise for you to know what you're talking about before running your mouth. Don't mix up dumbass meatheads with legitimate MMA fighters. If you want to use Bernard Hopkins as a way to try and rip on MMA, I'd suggest you go watch watch this.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxUttABOHSo

Anyways, again, if you wanna Box competitively, go learn how to first. Other than that, you're just going to be a punching bag for guys.
                Last edited by Left2theliver; 12-18-2012, 04:03 AM.

Comment

I don't believe this is real...But in the rare case that it is...

You play other sports. You don't play boxing. You wanna do it for money? that's fine, good luck...but even that is going to take some sacrifice. It's not just looking good, fight and you're done. Just know, every fight will take something out of you. Whether it's 25% or 5% depends on your skill.

ps I know you think you're cool because you're some Light heavyweight who can make 154. That might be fine and all,but it may not completely work in your favor like you think it will.

Comment

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
                    I don't believe this is real...But in the rare case that it is...

You play other sports. You don't play boxing. You wanna do it for money? that's fine, good luck...but even that is going to take some sacrifice. It's not just looking good, fight and you're done. Just know, every fight will take something out of you. Whether it's 25% or 5% depends on your skill.

ps I know you think you're cool because you're some Light heavyweight who can make 154. That might be fine and all,but it may not completely work in your favor like you think it will.
                    It worked for Chavez Jr

Comment

If you're being serious then focus on your studies and don't step in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X