Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Student boxing as a part time job. Good idea? How far can I go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
    If u are serious do it men.

I do it and i am studying my second career i studied nutritonal sciences and now i am studying at a culinary institute and also work at a restaurant part time . I live in mexico.

My days look somewhat like this :

5:30 - 7 : 00 am Run 3 - 4 miles and go to school
    7 am - 1 pm go to school afterward i go directly to the gym
    1pm - 5:00pm boxing gym
    6:00 pm - 12 :00am Work at a local restaurant.

I fought amateur for a long long time and i urned pro last march and have 3 fights until now and i have won the three of them.

as i said its not easy men sometimes i feel tired as hell... but u knwo what i love boxing and every second i dedicate to it i feel damn good. so its worth it.

and as you can see i am in pretty good shape

i try to rest as much as i can on weekends and as you can imagine i dont go out much to clubs or any of that ... actually most of my free time i watch boxing lol i really consider myself a true hardcore boxing fan.

still... i dont think this is a serious thread but thats just my story. And i am really curious to see how far i can get with my boxing career ( i am a realist about it )

Thank you so much for the post. I don't do non serious threads. All my threads are serious. The Tiger Muhammad One was a fuk up.

ya. I'm dead serious about this. One thing I notice is my ability to go down in weight and go up like rehydrate.

I know it sounds stupid, but having a massive size advantage SHOULD help me . I mean I would basically be fighting 154 JMW's as a LHW.
    Even a beginner non skilled LHW should beat up on some beginner more skilled Jmw's..

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      how many hours of sleep do you usally get?
      Monday to friday around 4 or 5 men :S

But weekends i try to get as much as i can , i still train and go to work but i can sleep until late. So at least i get 8 to 10 hours on friday and saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        Hey y'all, Skittlez here. I'm a 2nd year college student and my mom is forcing me to get a part time job because she's sick of sending me 500 bucks a week as spending money.

Anyways, I see a lot of journeymen and like gatekeepers only box part time and is basically record padders. They still get paid like 500 bucks a pop.

I figure I can pretty much learn as I go and who knows maybe I can pick up a few belts by the time I enter Grad school.

I'm 6'1 and walk around at 200. I am going to cut down to like 154 if I can and fight in the JMW Division. I feel like with my freakish strength and endurance, I don't really need much boxing skills.

Anyways any advice?
        Tips?
        How far do you guys think I can go?
        I heard that anyone can train for two months and get fights with the following

Chavez jr
        Canelo
        Any American heavyweight
        Most British fighters
        King Arthur
        Any name fighter on a ppv

Live your $500 a week dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
          I heard that anyone can train for two months and get fights with the following

Chavez jr
          Canelo
          Any American heavyweight
          Most British fighters
          King Arthur
          Any name fighter on a ppv

Live your $500 a week dream!
          I'm not trying to insult Canelo, but some of the guys he fought in his first 20 fights might as well have been replaced by me

Comment

I'm not trying to insult Canelo, but some of the guys he fought in his first 20 fights might as well have been replaced by me
            Hehehe ... let me tell you a story about Canelo, because i actually live in guadalajara mexico and work under the tutelage of Oscar "chololo" Larios wich was one of the guys that discovered Canelo.

And as many i tought canelo was just a hypejob ( he is overrated thats for sure but the guy can fight ) So Oscar tells me this story about Marco Antonio Barrera training here in guadalajara and canelo was only like 16 at the time and he was an amateur, so he goes up and does some light sparring with MAB and starts givin MAB hell. when the bell rings he goes to MAB and asks him " Are u going light on this kid or what ? " and Marco antonio replied to him " Hell no who tha hell is this kid men ? " it was at that moment when Oscar knew he found someone special.

So u can hate all u want but the damn ginger kid has some serious talent since the beggining.

Still going back to the main topic, if u are serious do it men go to college and box but u better be Really really serious if u dont want to get hurt.

Comment

100 bucks to start it, than it goes up to 500 bucks for a solid bum... That's how these journeymen earn their food
              Are we still talking boxing?

Comment

Hey y'all, Skittlez here. I'm a 2nd year college student and my mom is forcing me to get a part time job because she's sick of sending me 500 bucks a week as spending money.

Anyways, I see a lot of journeymen and like gatekeepers only box part time and is basically record padders. They still get paid like 500 bucks a pop.

I figure I can pretty much learn as I go and who knows maybe I can pick up a few belts by the time I enter Grad school.

I'm 6'1 and walk around at 200. I am going to cut down to like 154 if I can and fight in the JMW Division. I feel like with my freakish strength and endurance, I don't really need much boxing skills.

Anyways any advice?
                Tips?
                How far do you guys think I can go?

Youre the guy from ESB who wanted to build a shed in your grandmas back yard and live with some army guy's girlfriend in it arent you?

Youre a ****ing legend.

Comment

Go for it Felix. I believe!

Comment

I'm gonna make my decision in 10 day's time.

So during these ten days I will weight the pros and cons of this venture. Thank y'all for y'all helps

Comment

oh and another thing bro... if u drop 46 pounds every time u have to fight you will die before getting to the ring by your second or third fight lol

im just givin you the benefit of the doubt but this thread its ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                      X