Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley - "Floyd Mayweather and Saul Alvarez hit about as hard as each other"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Canelo obviously has more power in his punches he has knocked guys out cold with one shot.

You have to take things Shane Mosley says with a grain of salt, remember according to Shane, Manny Pacquiao hit him the hardest he ever been hit LMAO.

So we know he doesn't have a good recollection of things, Pacman doesn't have that type of power he couldn't even knockout Marquez above 140.
    He has a better one than you considering that he took the punches.

Comment

I think Canelo hits harder but Floyds punches just surprised the **** out of him most of the time in that fight, he looked like he didnt know what happened until a second after he was hit.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Interesting.

Discuss.

on the one hand, who really has a better perspective on their power?

on another, it's bs. canelo punches harder. a lot harder. they aren't hitting a heavybag, and that's where floyd's skills probably influenced shane's evaluation of their power.

i give credit to mayweather, he always gets his opponent's respect with his power, and probably hits harder than for which he's credited. that said, there;s no way he hits as hard as saul alvarez, who is a strong punching jr MW in his early 20's. at this age floyd was a lightweight. they aren't anywhere close to the same size entering training or on fight night, even if only one weight class separates them.

Comment

I love threads like these, bunch of fat arm chair warriors trying to give their brilliant insight and disagree with a hall of fame boxer who you know.....actually fought both men.

Comment

Canelo obviously hits much harder, just ask Baldomir who also fought both

Its just that Shane fought Pac inbetween and after you taste that kind of power, every thing else seems the same

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              I love threads like these, bunch of fat arm chair warriors trying to give their brilliant insight and disagree with a hall of fame boxer who you know.....actually fought both men.
              pro boxers who have experience with both subjects aren't always right

Just recently Barrera predicted pacquiao would beat Marquez

Comment

Well on the george lopez show mosley said pac hits harder than may

so pac's power > canelo floyd ?????

mosley should really retire

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

Who'd he say hit harder though? Honestly who cares, but take into account a lot of people Floyd fought said he hits a lot harder than they thought he would. Not just Shane. Infact Shane said it directly after they fought too if I'm not mistaken. Canelo's fought no one really so it's hard to judge, but like someone said you don't see Mayweather taking Lopez out of there at 154? Honestly now...

Comment

That means canelos power is overrated. it's good vs junior ww's though.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

You comparing 2 different things.Mosley did not make any predictions,he just said from his experience who hit harder.I could see why Mosley feels that Floyd and Canelo`s power is about the same cause a 150 pound Floyd was able to rock Oscar numerous times and Oscar had to have weighed in his late 160`s to early 170`s.Pacquiao barely hurt Oscar and this was a weight drained Oscar in the Pacquiao fight who went on to quit on his stool.

Floyd punches were very accurate back then which can to a certain degree make up for the lack of size and lack of heavy handedness on Floyd`s part.

Comment

Working...
                      X