No announcement yet.

How can Donaire beat Rigondeaux...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I agree with this but I wouldn't count out Rigo's power either. He has plenty of power himself and is scarily accurate.

They should rename him ''el francotirador'' The Sniper.
    Yeah Donaire better protect his body, because Rigo throws those MEAN body shots. I really don't understand people who say Donaire will simply run through Rigo, I just don't see it that way. I like both fighters though

Comment

The only way Nonito wins this fight is by KO. Nothing else. Not because Rigo has a glass chin, because I don't think he does, but because Nonito can KO anyone if he hits them like he hit Arce.

Rigo wins by wide UD or TKO (Ref/Dr/Corner stops the fight).

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Nonito ''left hook'' Lacy has nothing to offer Rigo, he knows it, his promoter knows it, his fans in their heart know it.
        "Nothing to offer"......wow, what an exaggerration.

You're a tad too high on Rigondeaux and definitely too down on Nonito Donaire.

I'll bet you 5 billion of these *****-a*s points that Donaire beats him.

Comment

He beats Rigo a lot more convincingly than people might expect

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
            "Nothing to offer"......wow, what an exaggerration.

You're a tad too high on Rigondeaux and definitely too down on Nonito Donaire.

I'll bet you 5 billion of these *****-a*s points that Donaire beats him.

Okay confirmed, will sig it. Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Donaire is a bigger man, a very good counter puncher, and can hurt anyone with a single punch. He's proven himself over and over again on the biggest stages. Rigondeaux may make the fight hard, may make Donaire look bad, but I don't think he'll win.
              I'd rather see Nonito in with a fighter that can make life hell than a guy who's gonna be a cake walk. Rigo just has that style that frustrates his opposition, and I want to see how Donaire deals with that. Everyone that's picking Nonito are banking on him to take advantage of Rigo's punch resistance. All I know for sure is, Rigo will be dangerous for as long as he's on his feet because he can strike like lightning. I think Nonito will fight him like he did Nishioka, cautious and looking for the big shots. I'm interested to see how both guys react to each other's style, because we rarely ever see two true counter-punchers go at it.

Comment

Well... Donaire will have to change his outlook... Most people who have given him some defense have made Donaire look like he didn't know what to do at times. Difference is those guys were only defensive and gave up their offense for it. Rigo's defense IS his offense. That's the big difference. Most of these other boxer punchers/come forward guys who went on the defensive weren't that type of fighter so Donaire could pot shot relatively safely (yet still didn't come out unscathed). Donaire hasn't fought anyone as fast as him OR as good (better in this case..IMO of course) a counter puncher as him who also has power.. this is really the only fight that Donaire will have been in where he wont universally be considered the more skilled, faster, stronger, younger guy. At this point, though Rigo's resume isn't what it could be, he's really the only guy out there who stylistically isn't being dominated by Donaire on paper (:in terms of styles). I think Donaire CAN knock Rigo out.. but Rigo can possibly as well, to both the body and head. I don't think Donaire will figure Rigo out, so he'll have to out work him because if he just loads up like he has lately...he'll lose. He'll have to be content to score points and get rounds in the bag. Rigo isn't the type of guy who you can KO if he decides he's not gunna take a risk... He can win a fight without ever initiating. Donaire has shown signs of frustration when he cant break through so he needs to start winning rounds early, because you do NOT want to fall behind early against a fighter like Rigo (style wise). You can't afford to HAVE to be reckless towards the end or you just make it easier for Rigo to land counter punches.. He's going to have to REALLY keep his lunging lead left hook under control if he fights Rigo because Rigo isn't one of these slower guys Donaire has been used to..
                Last edited by NearHypnos; 12-17-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Donaire will beat Rigondeaux with his ring smarts Donaire is the smarter fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by sapaw View Post
                    Donaire is not BIG, he is just tall!
                    A lot of people seem to believe this. I used to, also. But Boxrec has Nonito listed at 5' 5 1/2" (Rigo at 5' 4 1/2"). So either "a lot of people" are wrong, or Boxrec is wrong. Which one is it?

Comment

This thread,more than anything else,is a testament to just how grossly overrated Rigondeaux actually is at the moment.And it's a testament to how fickle so many boxing fans actually are.Any fighter operating at,or near,a world level that has an impressive looking win and they're all quick to jump on the bandwagon.They begin treating him as an elite fighter,even when he's fought nowhere that level.Happened to Pirog after he clocked Jacobs,and it's happening with Golovkin right now.

Glass will be shattered,and we can only hope that some kind soul will be bumping this thread when it does happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X