No announcement yet.

How can Donaire beat Rigondeaux...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can Donaire beat Rigondeaux...

Forget resumes. These two step in the ring, what has made 90% of you so confident this guy beats Rigondeaux?

Bare in mind, Rigondeaux is small but he is no 108, 112, or 115 lb fighter.

What do Arce, Darchinyan, Vasquez Jr, H. Marquez, Montiel, Martinez etc etc all have in common? If you answered they are all wreckless & come forward with their face first, you are correct. Its a bit like Manny Pacquaio really - You stand infront of him, he'll kill you. You show him movement, he is clueless and will follow you around getting frustrated & making mistakes.
    This is Uncle Bobs matchmaking at its finest.

Concepcion (at times), Harutyunyan (at times) & Mathebula boxed off the backfoot - Everyone who has boxed off the backfoot has gave Donaire fits.

There is not a fighter alive that can box as well off the backfoot as Rigondeaux. He can hit you to head or body with either hand off the backfoot and knock you out. He is stylistic nightmare for Donaire.
    Rigondeaux has seen it all, Donaire has never seen anybody with that footspeed, handspeed, lateral movement, precision pin-point counter punching.

Comment

Did you just say Montiel is a reckless come forward fighter?

Comment

Arce where there for a paycheck and nothing more. He pretty much dropped his guard and let Conaire hit him with that left hook.

He basically said ''just land it and lets get this over with so I can go home and cash my cheque and spend Christmas with my family''

Comment

I think IF they ever fight it will be a good fight that right now is a toss up IMO.

Comment

rigo's weakness = left hook

best left hook = nonitos

simple

Comment

Originally posted by PhooLzRUs View Post
              Did you just say Montiel is a reckless come forward fighter?

Yes I did as well as another blown up fighter. He has never looked that good above 115. Apart from a win over Hasagawa, he has done zilch above 115.

Comment

LOL playing the counter game with Donaire is playing with fire. He has amazing speed, great accuracy and insane one punch KO power. If anything it's guys that can get inside and try to bully him around that have a better chance at beating him. Concepcion had success because he was so much bigger than donaire when they fought.

Rigo's chin + Donaire's speed, power and accuracy = highlight reel KO. No way Rigo avoids nonito's punches thru 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Yes I did as well as another blown up fighter. He has never looked that good above 115. Apart from a win over Hasagawa, he has done zilch above 115.
                  Did you forget Donaire spent a lot of time at 115, and 112 also? You know none of the champs would fight him at 115, hence only that interim belt at that weight. You think Narvaez or Montiel would do much better at 115?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    but above 115 was he ever in the top 10 p4p list ..

Comment

Working...
                    X