Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Burns Leaning Away From Broner Date of 2/16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking for that kind of money is a clear sign of a duck. Just go ahead and price yourself out of the fight to ensure it doesn't take place, cowardice and pathetic move, IMO.

Comment

I don't think it will happen, which is pretty ****.

I still think it would be better in Scotland though if it did happen, for the reason that I think Broner wins it fairly easily. Yes, winning in the US would still be a good win, but I think coming here and winning it in front of 20,000+ fans would do more for him in terms of increasing his fan base and also making the win more significant.

Comment

sorry to say but it looks like he is ducking him. Burns your a champion so fight the best thats what champions do e.g. Miguel cotto. If you cant fight the best and dont think your ready to fight another champion who you shoud be on the same level with then vacate your belt.

Comment

Time to step up Ricky.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            I don't think it will happen, which is pretty ****.

I still think it would be better in Scotland though if it did happen, for the reason that I think Broner wins it fairly easily. Yes, winning in the US would still be a good win, but I think coming here and winning it in front of 20,000+ fans would do more for him in terms of increasing his fan base and also making the win more significant.
            Agree. Broner could be on to a nice future earner by coming over here. The majority of people look at this on paper and pick Broner so it's not like he'd be worrying about a hard fight or judges. If he is the future of boxing it would make sense for him to come over here, beat a popular champion and etch his name into the minds of British boxing fans. (I just want to see this fight)

Comment

Burns would b xposed &this would be a little more than sparring 4 Broner...ezy bout 4 him that won't happen as the pretender won't let it...

Comment

You could argue that with the support that Burns has, him and his fans are owed a night out in Vegas.
                But other than that, this fight should be in Scotland.

I don't think Burns is ducking, but his manager obviously has understandable concerns. There is no shame in worrying that your fighter could get hurt by one of the top talents in the sport.

Comment

Like Burns as every time I think he's going to lose he pulls out a great performance. This is what is wrong with him though, fight Broner!!!!!!!!! He moved up a class because he did not want to fight him, Will not hurt his reputation if he were to lose him and introduce him to the US. Step up Burns do not do a Calzaghe (In avoiding the best fighters at there peak)

Comment

"You gone get this work! "

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                      "You gone get this work! "
                      lmaoooooo..... Dearly Beloved......

Comment

Working...
                      X