No announcement yet.

How much would you say Amir Khan has improved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basco View Post
    Garcia is a "complete bum" but he knock the Phuck out of Khan, then, what exactly is Khan supposed to be?
    What's so special about Garcia? Who did Garcia beat? A fat past prime Morales, an old Nate Cambell, a choker in Kendal Holt, and a weak chin fighter in Khan.

Khan dominated Judah and made him quit, beat a fighter in Maidana that people on here claim all the time fighters duck him, and got robbed against Peterson.

Say what you want about Khan, but he has a better resume than Garcia and is a better all around boxer than Garcia.

Garcia got schooled against Morales, but only won because Morales was too old and had very little stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      When teaching ones fighter how to fight inside, do not put one's fighter in with Prime Joe Frazier to test out ones new skills
      Of course.

I'm not disputing that he shouldn't be in there with Matthysse level fighters at this stage.

I'm just saying, we need to wait and see how it transfers when he steps up again.

Comment

Not much, but atleast we could see him trying to do what Hunter told him too. It is just not something that comes natural to him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Sort of, kind of.

But looks who he's fighting.

I think the key here is firstly, let Hunter do his work and secondly, see how it transfers against top fighters.

Me personally? I didn't see much difference in this fight but it's early days.
          Molina was literally target practice for Khan tonight. Amir looked damned impressive, but I'm sure he looks that way when he shadowboxes, too.

Comment

Khan should rematch Peterson in the UK.

Comment

khan was good. has speed and good combo punching. always had heart. downside is his chin. it is hard to have confidence in his punch resistance.

next stop: id fight another tune up, then Lamont in the summer. not in DC. night.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Molina was literally target practice for Khan tonight. Amir looked damned impressive, but I'm sure he looks that way when he shadowboxes, too.
                Let me put it this way, he looked much better against Kotelnik than he did tonight. And that was against a top fighter.

His performance against Kotelnik is the closet you can get to a flawless performance.

People act like because Khan has been knocked out twice and doesn't react too well to pressure that he's a reckless brawler. People forget how well he boxed against Malignaggi and Judah.

I think people are expecting something from Khan under Hunter that isn't going to happen.

But, we'll see.

Comment

Biggest thing I saw Hunter instill into him is some composure. Instead of wildly brawling like a filipino do, Amir is trying to be patiently methodical like a Slick Black American. He was able to keep the fight on the end of his jab and behind his shoulder through this new composure. I always said if you take away Amir's jab, it's over for him. He doesn't have the ring iq and footwork to bust out leads like a Floyd, Bernard, or Jones do despite the blazing handspeed.

Keeping the chin in line behind the shoulder Slick Black American style and using the shoulder as a line of defense allows him to flick out his jab. This flicker jab was used many times tonight to halt the advance of Molina. Amir still has to polish the flicker, so he can use it to check and to measure for his power shots. Squaring up filipino and Mexican style the way he used to wouldn't have allowed him to flicker the jab.

I was impressed by how he learned to fight inside with only 8 weeks. You could spend a lifetime with roach and still not know how to do it, just ask manny.

Amir needs to learn how to counter big time. There were many times tonight where Molina threw some wide a$$ missing shots that went unanswered. Had someone else been fighting Molina, he would have paid for those.

Khan's head movement still needs work. The Mayweatheresque style guard protected him, but many shots could have been avoided had he move his head.

Amir is a limited talent and can only improve so much imo.

Comment

I seen some fighting inside, something he usually don't do that is really the only improvement I see

but Molina wasn't a good enough opponent to really tell if or how much Khan has improved

Comment

Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
                      What's so special about Garcia? Who did Garcia beat? A fat past prime Morales, an old Nate Cambell, a choker in Kendal Holt, and a weak chin fighter in Khan.

Khan dominated Judah and made him quit, beat a fighter in Maidana that people on here claim all the time fighters duck him, and got robbed against Peterson.

Say what you want about Khan, but he has a better resume than Garcia and is a better all around boxer than Garcia.

Garcia got schooled against Morales, but only won because Morales was too old and had very little stamina.
                      Yet he still managed to beat him! I'll admit Garcia looks very average but he always finds a way to win against all odds! Morales did pretty good in the first fight for an old man, then paid the price for being a cheat old man!

Comment

Working...
                      X