No announcement yet.

How much would you say Amir Khan has improved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
    What's so special about Garcia? Who did Garcia beat? A fat past prime Morales, an old Nate Cambell, a choker in Kendal Holt, and a weak chin fighter in Khan.

Khan dominated Judah and made him quit, beat a fighter in Maidana that people on here claim all the time fighters duck him, and got robbed against Peterson.

Say what you want about Khan, but he has a better resume than Garcia and is a better all around boxer than Garcia.

Garcia got schooled against Morales, but only won because Morales was too old and had very little stamina.
    So much truth, but another truth remains: Garcia scrambled Amir's brains. Tonight, Khan looked open to the punch that sent him into la-la land against Danny. Molina landed the same blow, just not with enough power. Amir needs to make sure he doesn't get caught again versus Garcia. If he doesn't, he should win a comfortable decision.

Comment

Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
      Wrong.

Garcia would not kill the Khan we saw tonight. You're forgetting Khan did the same thing to Garcia early on in the fight he did to Molina tonight.

Khan is more cautious about trading shots with his opponent know. He throws his combinations and either steps back or move lateral. He was patient tonight and stuck to his game plan which he did not do against Petterson and Garcia.
      I agree with you on the cautious part, that's actually when I meant when i was talkin bout him not leavin himself vulnerable as much. But I still think Garcia would have beat him a 2nd time. To each their own though

Comment

I want to see a Peterson rematch next. Peterson is good and would be coming off a long lay off. Amir already fought him, and it was extremely close. It's a challenging fight but still safe enough.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          I want to see a Peterson rematch next.
          me too, and not in Washington

Comment

More disciplined, went back to doubling and tripling his jab at times and I saw some inside fighting as opposed to just putting up the ear muffs.

Still flaws there still got caught with the left hook.

I would not go for a Garcia rematch next though. I'd fight someone top 10-20 in march so he gets another camp with Virge and than go for Garcia in the summer.

Comment

It's the same Khan, but more cautious.

Comment

I have seen virtually every Khan fight since he entered the 2004 Olympics and I can confidently state that he did NOTHING new in the ring against Molina. Take a look back at the Kotelnik fight and this was a carbon copy performance. The issue with Khan is that it only takes ONE clean shot from a puncher like Garcia to end his career.

He was patient and he threw combinations in regular intervals but every opponent he now faces will be waiting for him to square up when he attacks. Khan needs to stick to his jab more often and improve on counter punching because that is his best opportunity to take advantage instead of constantly forcing the attack.

The guy has so many attributes going for him and it is sad to see him waste his potential.

Comment

I would say hes improved A LOT. If you look at his footwork, before it used to be a little wild and amateurish, and now its much more considered, deliberate and concise. He is starting to use his feet like Andre Ward does a little.

Comment

His jab is his biggest asset and i am glad he used it for a change

He was cautious, which is good

However his defense is still the same, but that will not change over night, i am sure Hunter will watch the video of the fight and see what they have to work on.

Now the real question is when someone lands a huge punch will he go in to trading blows, toe to toe or will he back off or clinch

If Garcia had landed a smacker tonight, would Khan have done what he did last time and go toe to toe and trade blows, we will only find out when het gets back in the ring with a puncher

Garcia is a very limited boxer, he only ever stand a punchers chance against Khan, but thats all he needs. Khan and Hunter need to start working on the defense now, his offense, speed and fitness was amazing

I'm still not sold, but cant wait to see whoever he fights next

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
                      I would say hes improved A LOT. If you look at his footwork, before it used to be a little wild and amateurish, and now its much more considered, deliberate and concise. He is starting to use his feet like Andre Ward does a little.
                      His balance was good, i noted he doesnt jump around like pacman anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X