Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
    So what does that make Shane Mosley?

An exorcist?
    Mosley's up there, but he usually shuts down a bit when he's taking hell. Margarito would have the soul leave his body and he'd still be walking a mofo down. The only thing I've seen like that is Rocky Balboa. I'm not Marg fan, but I'm in awe of his ability to take punishment It's cinematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
      Mosley's up there, but he usually shuts down a bit when he's taking hell. Margarito would have the soul leave his body and he'd still be walking a mofo down. The only thing I've seen like that is Rocky Balboa. I'm not Marg fan, but I'm in awe of his ability to take punishment It's cinematic.
      I mean since Mosley shattered Margarito's chin.

He stopped Margozombie, does this mean he is an exorcist?

Comment

jc chavez sr in his prime had the best

Comment

Brian Sutherland got a good chin

Comment

Wach's chin seems to be made of iron...

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Wach's chin seems to be made of iron...
              Either steel or just the bone structure of a megamouth shark.

Comment

I nominate Joe Grim, who at 5'6" was little more than a lightweight (he fought Joe Gans) and at most, untrained, was a light middle very late in his career. He is recorded as having had about 200 fights but historians say he had closer to 4-500. He was KO'd/TKO'd about 4-5 times, and lost most of his fights.

He was known as "The India-Rubber Man:, and "The Iron Man. When he fought Jack Johnson, about 2 years before Johnson tracked down and beat Tommy Burns for the Heavyweight title, he was knocked sown 20 times, and finally KO'd for the first time just before the bell sounded at the end of the 20th round.

He fought Luther McCarthy, a very big heavyweight contender, as well as several top 200 pounders, nearly always to a finish in long fights where although knocked down multiple times, always got up.

He was a sfamous for his chin, as Young Griffo was for his elusive defence, although Griffo was almost always drunk, which Grim was not. I can't think of anyone else in his chin class.

Again...I nominate Joe Grim.

Comment

Ray Mercer had an iron chin. As did David Tua.

Comment

I nominate Joe Grim, who at 5'6" was little more than a lightweight (he fought Joe Gans) and at most, untrained, was a light middle very late in his career. He is recorded as having had about 200 fights but historians say he had closer to 4-500. He was KO'd/TKO'd about 4-5 times, and lost most of his fights.

He was known as "The Indas-Rubber Man:, and "The Iron Man. When he fought the long-time Coloured Heavyweight Champion Jack Johnson, about 2 years before Johnson tracked down and beat Tommy Burns for the Heavyweight title, he was knocked down 20 times, and finally KO'd for the first time just before the bell sounded at the end of the 20th round.

He fought Luther McCarthy, a very big heavyweight contender, as well as several top over 200 pounders like Al Kaufman and the famous Sam McVey, nearly always to a finish in long fights where although knocked down multiple times, always got up.

He was as famous for his chin, as Young Griffo was for his elusive defence, although Griffo was almost always drunk, which Grim was not. I can't think of anyone else in his chin class.

Again...I nominate Joe Grim.

Comment

In history
                      Ali
                      Chuvalo
                      Steve Collins
                      Margarito
                      Hagler

Now
                      Chavez Jr.
                      Brandon Rios
                      Vitali Klitschko
                      Carl Froch
                      Gennady Golovkin
                      Last edited by toshmurph; 12-14-2012, 08:38 AM. Reason: grammatical

Comment

Working...
                      X