Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Board With Testing For Pacquiao-Marquez 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God dont like ugly. That right hand of marquez came packed with the wrath of god. The catchweight king has fallen!.. The most overrated overhyped one dimensional fighter exposed in the most brutal fashion to show the world he never stood a chance vs floyd, pacquiao's greatness is a media creation

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
      Wow, so Pacquiao gets knocked out, and people decide to suddenly wise up. Hmm....
      Who cares.. If that is the catalyst for change then so be it. It has to start somewhere and testing is long over due. So we need to wait until someone dies in the ring and their opponent to test positive? Boxing cannot afford to continue having a reactive approach and has to start being proactive concerning this matter because it is just too dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by mlord View Post
        Who cares.. If that is the catalyst for change then so be it. It has to start somewhere and testing is long over due. So we need to wait until someone dies in the ring and their opponent to test positive? Boxing cannot afford to continue having a reactive approach and has to start being proactive concerning this matter because it is just too dangerous.
        Great post, it's a savage sport as is..I really would love nothing more than to see the federal government intervene and set some actual standards that organizations in boxing to abide by.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Yes and by going through them not the sub companies involved you remove all the contractual stipulations put forth..
          You're advocating the use of WADA. In the United States that means that you're advocating the use of USADA.

Comment

Pac should take a breather from Marquez

Pacquiao's hunger was apparent in the KO loss to Marquez. If that Pacquiao had fought Tim Bradley its quite possible he would have won a couple more rounds and gotten the decision. Pacquiao's work ethic is not in question against Marquez but against this master technician it appears Pac might want to tweak a few things before taking on the fifth fight. Who does he fight in the interim? Well quite frankly there are only two options: Brandon Rios and Timothy Bradley. Brandon Rios is not the type of fight Pac should take coming off of a bad KO and its not the type of fight that will adequately prepare him for another Marquez throw down. Tim Bradley is the perfect option for him now. A light punching underrated technician. I don't care what Pac says about the decision loss he knows deep down that Bradley outdid him down the stretch of the fight and he wants to avenge that loss. Pacquiao will have to be at his best to be able to do what he failed to do in the first fight ... get the win. Its likely a more competitive fight than Rios would give him and Bradley may very well give him another decision loss but its the fight that will prepare him best for Marquez. Win or lose everyone will still wanna see Pacquiao-Marquez V so the Bradley rematch makes perfect sense for Pacquiao's next move. It's funny Arum didn't insist on doing random testing after Pacquiao KO'd Hatton or Cotto but now that his cash cow has fallen he is getting on the bandwagon, smh.
            Last edited by rogdogx; 12-14-2012, 04:47 AM.

Comment

I see Ronnie is now writing about testing, Hmmmm the irony in this is unbelievable... For that last two years most knowledgeable boxing fan was screaming for better year round testing for the sport but nooooo we were all " flo mos " and testing were for "Cowards" fighters, Now Pacquiao got KTFO all of a sudden they want to bring in random testing? I guess Pacquiao has got over his fear of needles, and would he still need a cut off date where he wouldn't be tested?

Comment

I hope for more irony that JMM turns the request down and then say " Let the commission do their jobs" or I hope he demands a cut off date or even tell us he is scared of needles... I want to know how those excuses would sound Pacquiao fans now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  I see Ronnie is now writing about testing, Hmmmm the irony in this is unbelievable... For that last two years most knowledgeable boxing fan was screaming for better year round testing for the sport but nooooo we were all " flo mos " and testing were for "Cowards" fighters, Now Pacquiao got KTFO all of a sudden they want to bring in random testing? I guess Pacquiao has got over his fear of needles, and would he still need a cut off date where he wouldn't be tested?
                  Agreed!!..... a lot of these guys are hypocrites of the highest order, when mayweather called for testing it was "oh he's scared" "let the commission do their job"........ now its "Yes we need stricter testing before someone gets killed" loooool

Comment

Irony is a mofo

So Floyd gets ripped for enhancing (pardo the pun) his own set of rules to have fighters randomly tested now the same dude who ripped him is open to random testing? Boy I love seeing the chickens come home to roost!

Comment

if i was marquez i wont agree. no way, he can ko pacman without the roids. he finally got his revenge with a known drug cheat. been fighting for 20 yrs and didnt achieve those muscles and finally got results after almost 20 yrs, at an old age as well, miracle. not saying he's on roid, but he knows it.

Comment

Working...
                      X