No announcement yet.

Do you think pac deserves a rematch ???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
    Pac gave a 3rd and 4th. Regardless of the ko who the hell doesn't want to see a 5th. The 4th was boxing at its best ! It was still a close fight on the cards. This is what boxing is all about go hard or go home. Pac went in guns blazing and Marquez bringing in the counter punching power it's another great fight I would love to see.
    and if the 5th one goes to the card with controversial winner will you be interested in a 6th? what if the 6th fight also goes to the card and it a close fight would you love to see a 7th? and if the 7th fight is very close would you like to see.....

Comment

The rematch easily does +1.5 million buys and Marquez gets a career high payday.

Comment

When a Tin God Goes Down Hard III

I'm not sure what happened in the last fight that warrants a rematch. It's pure speculation to think that Manny was going to go on and win that fight, we simply have no idea of that and based on the savagery of the KO chances are he was going to go to sleep at some point during the fight. Marquez is a characteristically slow starter so there is some reason to think he would improve, Manny usually starts fast and fades somewhat down the stretch.

So should Manny be given a rematch on what people thought might have happened or should a rematch be given on concrete facts? Rematches are given if the "results" of a fight are in question. Their three previous contests were close fights where the outcomes were controversial, naturally a rematch would be given to clarify the dispute. What was in dispute about the outcome of the last fight? One man put another man into a deep state of sleep. Hell if it were Marquez lying on his face I seriously doubt there's be much of an outcry for a rematch. On the contrary Manny's fans would be crowing about how Manny finally put the exclamation point on their series.

I can't see giving Manny Pacquiao a shot before someone else simply because his fans think he deserves a chance to avenge a loss of this magnitude. And how would he avenge it besides taking in a shot gun with which to gun down his opponent. What could Manny do that would be comparable to what was done to him, and how would he be able to pull it off?

Pacquiao fans and boxing fans in general need to understand the nature of Manny's bludgeoning, it was very serious and it could have cost Manny his life for sure. Yeah, boxing risky but I want fighters to risk their lives for something attainable. All Pacquiao would be doing by climbing back into the ring with Marquez is risking his health to assuage the pain his fans are feeling because of his loss, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by De la hoya 801 View Post
          In my honest opinion I don't think he does the last 3 fights were so close it could've gone either way, if this fight was close or if Marquez won unanimously I'd say yes but he got KNOCKED THE F UCK OUT!! So I'm annoyed that pig arum is thinking he'll get rematch
          Do you know who is the cash cow? Pac won the first (admitted judge scoring error) and the second fight. Do you think Pacquiao should not give Marquez the 3rd rematch? Do you think Marquez will get that kind of money he has right now fighting nobody if Pac didnt give him 3 rematches? Goodluck to Marquez finding an opponent who may give him $6 million like Pac.
          Last edited by whirlwind; 12-14-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Eat dog you sons of bbbbbiiiiitttttcccccchhhhhes. Hell no PAC does not desver a rematch for the simple reason that he gtfto. It was a bull sssshhhhhhiiiitt fight to rob jmm and it backed fire.

Get it through your crack smoking heads jmm is almost fuuuuuuucccccckkkiiiiinnnng 40yrs old he is past his damm prime. PAC can recover from getting his ssssshhhhhiiiit pushed in maybe bahahaha
            Last edited by wizard king; 12-13-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Imho JMM is 4-0 against Manny. Marquez knock him out cold, he has nothing to prove. He should retire and enjoy this wealth & health with his family.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
                HELL NOOOOOOOOOO !!!!! He already had 4 chances to get the job done and couldn't do it. Marquez closed the book on this chapter in boxing history.
                You hold Pac to a higher standard, you saying Pac has to KO people. Floyd can win on points just like Pac did against JMM 3 times. The fact that it was close is irrelevant, in boxing you get close fights, Pac still won on scorecards.

Comment

No he does not,but if it does happen Marquez would be a fool to take less than double what Plankiao will make.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    You hold Pac to a higher standard, you saying Pac has to KO people. Floyd can win on points just like Pac did against JMM 3 times. The fact that it was close is irrelevant, in boxing you get close fights, Pac still won on scorecards.
                    Floyd won by shut out, as in not competitive. Why did you even mention Floyd? Marquez got robbed in fight 3 and knocked pacquiao out cold in fight 4 CHAPTER CLOSED !!!!

Comment

We finally have a conclusive ending. It's a perfect one.

Rematching Marquez until he's old enough to finally go down and stay down is a tactic below Manny (but not Arum).

Marquez should retire.

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
                      Look at Sugar Ray Robinson vs Jake LaMotta, they fought 6 times... Jake LaMotta only won once out of those 6 times... so aint out of the ordinary or anything.
                      All of them were close until the last fight, look how the series ended. TKO 13.

If the ref hadn't stopped it, Robinson may have killed LaMotta.

Comment

Working...
                      X