No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho Says No Lucky Punch, Expects Marquez To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
    Nacho made some good points, Marquez should take some time off a fight with Bradley or Rios would be great if he wants to fight once before a fifth fight with Pacquiao it would be a great fight as well.
    fight Bradley or Rios and make less than what he made vs Pacquiao? Talking about heading in the wrong direction.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Trainer Nacho Beristain brushed off the various comments which claim Juan Manuel Marquez knocked out Manny Pacquiao with a "lucky punch." Last Saturday at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Marquez finally captured a victory over Pacquiao, after failing to win a decision in three previous meetings, by using a single right hand to knock Pacquiao out cold in the sixth round.

[Click Here To Read More]
      ONE REQUEST BOXING SCENE REGUARDING YOUR HOME PAGE. I THINK ANDRE WARD AND JM MARQUEZ DESERVE TO BE ON IT REPLACING HOPKINS AND KAHN!! If anybody else agrees please bring this to the attention of BS staff/ web manager.

Comment

Jmm will never beat or do well against floyd. He will have to become the aggressor to fight floyd, and it will never work. He is probably the second best counter puncher in the game .....next to floyd. Thats what he needs to be, and fighting floyd he really cant be who he needs to be

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
          fight Bradley or Rios and make less than what he made vs Pacquiao? Talking about heading in the wrong direction.
          A fight vs Rios would be fight of the year and if pac is ready to fight Marquez next year it would only help generate bigger numbers.
          As a fan I would love to see Marquez vs Rios, it would be great.

Comment

I agree with all of this. If he fights Rios there is no way he would make what he made vs Pac. Who the F**K has Rios beat?
            He will fight Manny right away if that's what Manny wants, but Manny may want to have a tune up fight or take more time before getting back in the ring with Marquez.
            In that case the best fight out there is Rios, hands down. I don't know why people suggest Bradley, cause I think that fight would suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rajon34 View Post
              Marquez-Mayweather II?
              Hell no. I personally think Marquez could take him if he wasn't naturally smaller, but he is. Floyd is a bit taller, with much better reach and naturally thicker. Its hard for a counter puncher to beat a guy that is bigger and naturally a safe fighter that takes very little chances, not to mention that bigger opponent being one of the best defensive fighters of all time. Floyd can just use his size to fend off Marquez and pick his shots.
              Boring fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dr3wj5 View Post
                Hell no. I personally think Marquez could take him if he wasn't naturally smaller, but he is. Floyd is a bit taller, with much better reach and naturally thicker. Its hard for a counter puncher to beat a guy that is bigger and naturally a safe fighter that takes very little chances, not to mention that bigger opponent being one of the best defensive fighters of all time. Floyd can just use his size to fend off Marquez and pick his shots.
                Boring fight.
                Yeah Mayweather never fought & defeated guys that were physically bigger than him?

He can use his size or his defense? Did Margarito use his size to fend off and Pac? Or did he turn chinese by coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by dr3wj5 View Post
                  Boring fight.
                  Completely agree with you. I love Marquez,
                  but he is just too small for a guy who is already
                  larger than him, and even then he is also faster
                  and more defensively sound. It is a fight that
                  Marquez would have to land the perfect shot
                  and make sure Mayweather is put to sleep.
                  Mayweather is not Manny and he will not
                  be eating the same shot twice. Mayweather
                  too big for Juan. Unfortunately, because Marquez
                  beating Mayweather would be a dream ending
                  to Marquez career.

Comment

Yeah Mayweather never fought & defeated guys that were physically bigger than him?

He can use his size or his defense? Did Margarito use his size to fend off and Pac? Or did he turn chinese by coincidence?
                    It was near impossible for him to even touch
                    Mayweather the first time. He looks huge compared
                    to Marquez. Too much defense, his style and size are
                    a combination that would give Marquez problems.

Margarito does not fight even one bit similar to Mayweather
                    other than they both use their fists.

Comment

I agree with Nacho

That was a perfectly timed shot with a Pacific Storm Rolling in with great force.

Comment

Working...
                      X