Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho Says No Lucky Punch, Expects Marquez To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marquez landed the same shot after HE got dropped in the 5th. pac rushed him and got caught. he's lucky he wasn't ko'd by that one.

Comment

Originally posted by LaBéstia View Post
      No lucky Punch... Marquez landed that punch several times... Including the knock down in the third. Take a look in slow motion... Scary calculation!
      The knockdown in the third was not the same punch that scored the knock out in the 6th. They were both right hands but the punch that produced the knock down was a wide, overhand right. While the punch that scored the KO was a compact, straight right.

Two completely different punches with two completely different results.

However, Marquez did set up, measure, and land that right hand counter several times throughout the fight. Most notably as I've pointed out above : Right after being knocked down in the 5th.

Comment

Fight Rios or Floyd or retire.

If he fights Rios, he most likely wins and then he could retire even more on top than he is now. Fighting Mayweather gives him a loss, but makes him at least $12-15million dollars richer and he could retire with that and live comfortably, which I would love for him to do, he deserves it.

Fighting Pacquiao, he could lose and not make as much money as losing to Floyd. I am actually one who thinks Pacquiao beats him in a 5th fight. Marquez looked the worse i've ever seen him in all 4 fights against Pacquiao. Those two giant right hands are great and all, but it does not erase that Pacquiao was winning 5 rounds to 1 and Marquez looked slow, no head movement, broken nose and landed less than half of what Pacquiao landed. If Pacquiao wouldn't have gotten stupid, he probably would have won the most comfortable decision against Marquez of all 4 fights.

As a huge Marquez supporter, I say he needs to fight Rios. and then retire. But if he wants to lose, just fight Floyd as a free agent, promote some Mexican fighters on the undercard under his promotional company and make a lot more money than working with Bob Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
          Because genius, they could fight 10x & Marquez will lose 10x. Marquez is perfect for Floyd but Floyd isn't for Marquez....

Hilarious! He does have a big dome though....
          Id like to see if Nacho & JMM with this new physique and maybe a new strategy can solve a little bit of the Mayweather code. 2 high IQ fighters going at it again would be exciting to see, another chess match.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

If he fights Rios, he most likely wins and then he could retire even more on top than he is now. Fighting Mayweather gives him a loss, but makes him at least $12-15million dollars richer and he could retire with that and live comfortably, which I would love for him to do, he deserves it.

Fighting Pacquiao, he could lose and not make as much money as losing to Floyd. I am actually one who thinks Pacquiao beats him in a 5th fight. Marquez looked the worse i've ever seen him in all 4 fights against Pacquiao. Those two giant right hands are great and all, but it does not erase that Pacquiao was winning 5 rounds to 1 and Marquez looked slow, no head movement, broken nose and landed less than half of what Pacquiao landed. If Pacquiao wouldn't have gotten stupid, he probably would have won the most comfortable decision against Marquez of all 4 fights.

As a huge Marquez supporter, I say he needs to fight Rios. and then retire. But if he wants to lose, just fight Floyd as a free agent, promote some Mexican fighters on the undercard under his promotional company and make a lot more money than working with Bob Arum.
            Either way, the Pac fight is more winnable for him than Floyd, and it will be more money for him, make no mistake.
            Last edited by HeroBando; 12-12-2012, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
              Id like to see if Nacho & JMM with this new physique and maybe a new strategy can solve a little bit of the Mayweather code. 2 high IQ fighters going at it again would be exciting to see, another chess match.
              I think another Floyd/JMM bout could prove interesting, given Marquez's great improvement in way of modern strength and conditioning. His idea of strength and conditioning against Floyd the first time was throwing rocks and drinking piss, FFS.

He'd look much more competitive in a rematch given the way in which Floyd's reflexes have slowed recently.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Either way, the Pac fight is more winnable for him than Floyd, and it will be more money for him, make no mistake.
                Wait, Pac coming off a possible career ending KO is someone that would generate more revenue than a Mayweather return?

Do you think JMM could make 15-20 million by fighting Pac who the entire world just seen him almost kill? Where have you been? Not many people are even concerned with seeing Manny in the ring anytime soon. Roach even said that he feels Pac should come back and take an easy touch/tune up before getting back into the ring with JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

That's a good point and you know Mayweather will be extra cautious. I mean come on, he was super cautious even when they fought the 1st time and came in overweight. He won't take very much damage, as he would against Brandon Rios. He should seriously consider it and leave the sport financially secure.

Comment

Thank you !!!!!

Comment

That was no lucky punch. It was a combination of Pac coming in with his gloves down and a perfectly timed shot by Marquez. If it was a lucky punch then Marquez would not have dropped Pac earlier. Pac was intense, looked better than in a long time, very focused, very determined, but careless. Marquez showed how amazing he is. Marquez is one fighter people are going to sadly miss when he leaves the sport some day.

Comment

Working...
                      X