No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather still on top after Mannys rise and Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    Amazing that he has been p4p top 10 since 1998,he has seen them come and go yet he remains undefeated and on top once again p4p #1 at the age of 35 soon to be 36,He is 43-0 a 8 time champ(should be 9 just didnt pay for shanes belt)in 5 divisions no other fighter in the history of this sport has won 8 titles in 5 divisions and remained undefeated,over half of his fights have been title fights.Manny had a stint on top and all the hype,yet Floyd just kept defeating current champions coming off of big wins,no smoke and mirror act,no catch weight titles. Now it appears he will fight 2 more current champions in 2013 at the age of 36 and if he defeats them both he can retire 45-0 with possible 9(should be 10)world titles and maybe even possibly add 1 more lineal title to his resume,this guy is hated so much on here because of his perfection,this guy is a boxing god
    Amazing that he hasn't stumbled into a live opponent since corrales.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      The one he avoided was a dangerous fight, thats pretty obvious. His comeback has been a major letdown, yet as a fan of his you're happy with it? thats laughable and puts you in a group that consists only of floyd fans.
      of course I never said I was happy with it so why try and create a false narrative to argue against.

so the same guys floyd didnt fight at ww, pwill and marg, manny didn't fight at ww. yet because floyd said he's the best and manny didn't, posters like yourself hold it against floyd but not manny. ok.

the only man on his hitlist he hasn't fought is manny, who is just as much to blame as floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
        Yet another slobber thread, not surprised tbh. Being a fan is one thing, but literally being in love with the guy is a little off m8.
        I suppose there are no Pacquiao fans who love him in existence today.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
          didn't i just see fmj fight cotto, after manny pac did a number on him?...i mean honestly, i coulda swore it was still about all the top guys in, and around, a division, fighting each other, to see who is the best...hell, srl tko'd hearns, and hagler ko'd him as well a few years later..., yet, hearns, beat a srl and hagler common opponent in duran...its a part of the game...

point is, lets not get too carried away with the excuses...this is boxing man...both sides can be guilty of dirty pool, and you still have one guy who seems to find a way to fight everybody, vs. a guy who's been ultra-selective about who and when he fights...of course a strong case will be made about the ultra selective fighter being reluctant to fight the tougher fights in the division...
          This is a brilliant post, sums up my feelings on the whole manny floyd thing. The concept of the best fighters fighting the best fighters and the example you give(srl,duran,hagler, hearns) is something that seems to be completely lost on Mayweather fans or in the more extreme cases of idiocy, they even attempt to tear down these guys achievements next to floyds. Sad times.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            In other words, who they put in front of him wasn't impressive.
            lol..ok now barrera, morales, cotto, margarito, the clottey who beat judah, and marquez weren't impressive?...gtfoh

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              **hits ignore on this grubby, ignorant ******

thats ok friend , if you rather be blinded by the truth , but the truth will set you free one day ! let go of your anger and just post the facts ! in my oppinion manny has a better ressume at welter than mayweather ! and thats based off their opponents ! not because i hate mayweather , because i dont he is a pretty good fighter , but in my oppinion manny is above him because of the quality of opponents ! but once again thats my perspective! have a good day friend maybe we can just agree to disagree !

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                I suppose there are no Pacquiao fans who love him in existence today.
                I'm sure there are, but it doesnt make it right. Your defensive stance pigeon holes you as a bumsniff as well, sadcase.

Comment

lol..ok now barrera, morales, cotto, margarito, the clottey who beat judah, and marquez weren't impressive?...gtfoh
                  Come on man! You know Manny invented catchweights, a concept never before mentioned or even done in boxing, so a Cotto who stated before and after it wasnt an issue and a SMW Margarito you can strike off your list!

Comment

didn't i just see fmj fight cotto, after manny pac did a number on him?...i mean honestly, i coulda swore it was still about all the top guys in, and around, a division, fighting each other, to see who is the best...hell, srl tko'd hearns, and hagler ko'd him as well a few years later..., yet, hearns, beat a srl and hagler common opponent in duran...its a part of the game...

point is, lets not get too carried away with the excuses...this is boxing man...both sides can be guilty of dirty pool, and you still have one guy who seems to find a way to fight everybody, vs. a guy who's been ultra-selective about who and when he fights...of course a strong case will be made about the ultra selective fighter being reluctant to fight the tougher fights in the division...
                    SRL waited 5 years to fight Marvin Hagler, even did the fake press conference and everything. So if floyd fights manny in 2013 then he will have done the exact same thing.

the same ww floyd didn't fight, manny didn't fight. so why the difference in how you see them?

Comment

• Floyd MAYBE P4P greatest right now its hard to say considering the fact that hes seemed to duck and dodge fighters in their prime and always makes excuses. It would seem to me that fighters such as Marquez Martinez or even Pacquiao after this knock out are better candidates for being considered "on top" right now because they are all fighters who havent ducked anyone and have taken tough fights. Forget a undefeated record IMO that means nothing except to casual fans of the sport

Comment

Working...
                      X