No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather still on top after Mannys rise and Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
    manny beat margarito who mayweather avoided , and manny beat clottey !
    Yeah, he did it about five years too late. And that fight wasn't at welter you ignorant, illiterate ****. Don't bother responding, you're dead to me anyway. I hear they just woke Manny up - why don't you take his place on the canvas?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Clottey fight was crap. Dude is so overrated because he's mastered the art of looking good while losing. Resume-wise, he's no better than beating Victor Ortiz. Maybe worse since Vic was rated higher (sadly).
      I remember coming in to the fight, the only bets I was making was that Clottey survives through 12 rounds. I never thought he'd beat Pacquiao, because I know he wasn't that good. It's just Manny's resume is so terrible, that their are fighters there that you could pick and say "okay, this guy isn't that bad, compared to the others".

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        Did you miss his four year, four fight comeback? You are seriously going to say it was great with a straight face?
        no I haven't. like i said to daggum, try answering he question rather than criticizing the poster.

unfortunately, you are one of the pac fans that will place margarito and pwilliams at the top of the list solely because they didn't fight floyd. at the same time, you will discredit Mosley-who was the #1 ww when they fought and was someone floyd was accuissed of being scared of- by saying the fight was "mundane".

so please tell me what a dangerous fight is?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I remember coming in to the fight, the only bets I was making was that Clottey survives through 12 rounds. I never thought he'd beat Pacquiao, because I know he wasn't that good. It's just Manny's resume is so terrible, that their are fighters there that you could pick and say "okay, this guy isn't that bad, compared to the others".
          I predicted Clottey would quit. In a way, I was right. But anyway, resume-wise, Clottey is bleh. No better than Ortiz, maybe worse.

When I think of Pacquiao's welter resume, the Cotto win is a standout, impressive victory. I don't buy the whole 145lb. catchweight thing - don't think it would've mattered. Was a damn good win although it's clear Cotto wasn't right mentally. Regardless, I give credit where credit is due. But all this crap of how Floyd hasn't done anything since his return? His welter resume craps all over Pac's welter resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
            I had to stop reading there, clearly you have an negative agenda against Mayweather. You have to understand these were Year-end ratings, Using the example of Broner as a means to discredit his resume holistically is seemingly ignorant. Mayweather's resume is an impressive one. I'm really impressed by his longevity also.

Floyd has defeated more rated contenders than Ray Leonard for example, but nobody would rate his opposition as being superior. You have to go beyond the stats, but to claim he cherry picked his whole career just spurting repetitive bullshit. Also don't worry about Larryx that guy is mong. lol

I agree that outside of ring he's a bloody clown, but that should have no bearing whatsoever on how we judge his accomplishments inside it.

He's also H2H one of the greats at Super Feather Weight.
            nice sig! never thought id see hatton on the mitts like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Yeah, he did it about five years too late. And that fight wasn't at welter you ignorant, illiterate ****. Don't bother responding, you're dead to me anyway. I hear they just woke Manny up - why don't you take his place on the canvas?
              hey friend why are you so angry at me ! i didnt tell floyd to retire when the devision was hot , dont take it out on me that mayweather decided to avoid the best at welter instead of doing what manny did and that was fight them !

bradley was ranked top 10 when manny fighted him ! he was everything that manny haters said he wouldnt face ! and that is a slick boxer counter pouncher

manny destroyed cotto when he was still "COTTO"

manny destroyed and reconstructed margaritos face

manny knocked down sugar shane mosley ! a feet that maywaether couldnt do! in fact sugar shane said manny had the most power he ever felt !

clottey was top notch welter at the time that manny fight that mayweather didnt !

your responce to me was made with pure emotion , and for that i wont hold it against you ! but my post is filled with the facts ! have a nice day sir ! hopefully you can refrain from name calling and you can just keep it civil ! peace

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                no I haven't. like i said to daggum, try answering he question rather than criticizing the poster.

unfortunately, you are one of the pac fans that will place margarito and pwilliams at the top of the list solely because they didn't fight floyd. at the same time, you will discredit Mosley-who was the #1 ww when they fought and was someone floyd was accuissed of being scared of- by saying the fight was "mundane".

so please tell me what a dangerous fight is?
                The one he avoided was a dangerous fight, thats pretty obvious. His comeback has been a major letdown, yet as a fan of his you're happy with it? thats laughable and puts you in a group that consists only of floyd fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
                  hey friend why are you so angry at me ! i didnt tell floyd to retire when the devision was hot , dont take it out on me that mayweather decided to avoid the best at welter instead of doing what manny did and that was fight them !

bradley was ranked top 10 when manny fighted him ! he was everything that manny haters said he wouldnt face ! and that is a slick boxer counter pouncher

manny destroyed cotto when he was still "COTTO"

manny destroyed and reconstructed margaritos face

manny knocked down sugar shane mosley ! a feet that maywaether couldnt do! in fact sugar shane said manny had the most power he ever felt !

clottey was top notch welter at the time that manny fight that mayweather didnt !

your responce to me was made with pure emotion , and for that i wont hold it against you ! but my post is filled with the facts ! have a nice day sir ! hopefully you can refrain from name calling and you can just keep it civil ! peace
                  **hits ignore on this grubby, ignorant ******

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    You're telling me that Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto weren't good fights at the times he fought them???

Well than Manny fighting Diaz, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, and Marquez when he did must suck as well, right???

And even though Floyd-JMM at the time it was fought was bull crap, he should get his due for whupping Marquez. Marquez has since proved he can fight at WW and be world class carrying that weight.
                    no problem with the mosley fight. who the fcuk wanted to see mayweather vs ortiz? the cotto fight would have been much better when that fight was supposed to happen, start of 08 right after cotto beat mosley and floyd beat hatton.

Marquez has not proved he can fight at 147. pacquiao isnt a true welterweight. you stick marquez in the ring with a guy like collazo then he would struggle.

the thing that people dont seem to realize is that pacquiao and marquez are very similar physically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                      Remember when Manny refused to fight Mosley @ catch weight in '09? He then turns around to fight him the next year @ 147 after Floyd spanked him. This is what team Pacquiao has been doing for years. Imagine if Floyd did that. Floyd hasn't fought everybody but the notion that Manny is Hercules and fights everybody at their best is laughable.
                      didn't i just see fmj fight cotto, after manny pac did a number on him?...i mean honestly, i coulda swore it was still about all the top guys in, and around, a division, fighting each other, to see who is the best...hell, srl tko'd hearns, and hagler ko'd him as well a few years later..., yet, hearns, beat a srl and hagler common opponent in duran...its a part of the game...

point is, lets not get too carried away with the excuses...this is boxing man...both sides can be guilty of dirty pool, and you still have one guy who seems to find a way to fight everybody, vs. a guy who's been ultra-selective about who and when he fights...of course a strong case will be made about the ultra selective fighter being reluctant to fight the tougher fights in the division...

Comment

Working...
                      X