No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Says Retirement is Tempting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PinoyProdigy95 View Post
    Marquez needs to give Pac a fifth fight if Pac wants it. It's only right, considering all the fights Pac gave to Marquez. He gave Juan a chance + more, although he could have just said no after winning the second or third fight officially.
    Marquez has given Pacquiao 4 chances already.

Pac will never beat Marquez.

The last 2 fights resulted in a clear decision and a brutal knockout.

Manny needs to retire.

He cannot outbox Marquez, and he cannot afford to be overly aggressive.

Pac will get badly hurt if they go at it again, he could even have problems pulling the trigger against the counter-punching wizard who destroyed him last time out.

Manny needs a break, a comeback fight, and then a rethink, at least.

Marquez will have re-matched Mayweather and sailed off into the sunset by then.

Kills ya, dont it

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
      Agreed, a great end to a HOF career.

Okay, let's recap the Pt@rds past excuses...

Marquez keep stepping on Pac's feet
      You have to watch the fights in 1080p to see that Pac won all the fights.
      Pac has leg craps issues
      Pac has gambling problems
      Pac's phoney congressman job is on his mind
      Pac has money spending problems
      Pac has marital problems
      JMM drank orange drink during the 3rd fight
      Ariza was arguing with Pac before the 3rd fight.

..and now the "lucky" punch?

LMAO! it took them a couple days to log back on didnt it???? These people arent rational, their guy just suffered the most devastating kos probably of all time due to who received it and theyre still talking shiaat. just mind blowing. JMM HAS NEVER BEEN STOPPED!Manny would be wise to have some ***** fights then go after mayweather thats actually a better matchup stylewise for him even tho floyd has a great right hand floyd struggles more against lefties plus the money factor there.Its safe to say the only way theyd really beat jMM at this point is due to age they simly cannot beat this guy legitimatley.

Comment

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post

Pac will never beat Marquez.

The last 2 fights resulted in a clear decision and a brutal knockout.

Manny needs to retire.

He cannot outbox Marquez, and he cannot afford to be overly aggressive.

Pac will get badly hurt if they go at it again, he could even have problems pulling the trigger against the counter-punching wizard who destroyed him last time out.

Manny needs a break, a comeback fight, and then a rethink, at least.

Marquez will have re-matched Mayweather and sailed off into the sunset by then.

Kills ya, dont it
        Flowmos constantly make by faaaaar, the most alt accounts, and try to call PAC fan boys bad.

The sad thing is, the alt accounts are from known flowmos with thousands of posts, and claim to be unbiased. This is the real them. So anytime you see a known flowmo posting on their normal account, just remember. This is the real them. Nothing but a childish, immature individual.

Comment

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post

It's heart warming how all these haters and alts suddenly have all this concern for Pac's health when it comes to #5.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
            LOL

To be honest, I picked Marquez to win the fourth meeting by decision. I never pictured him getting the KO. Based on what I saw - with all due respect to Juan - he's getting there, if you know what I mean. I'd pick Pacquiao to finally get his own clear win himself if a 5th fight happens.

There is a certain amount of luck in boxing, just as there is in really everything else that is competitive. The world's best poker player can lose to the world's second best, or fifth best, or 7th best. Nadal can lose to a player who was ranked 100th in the world, Lukáš Rosol. This doesn't mean Lukáš Rosol is better than Nadal, it means that things worked in his favor that day, or his style was beneficial to him in that matchup.
            Problem with your Nadal theory, is that Pacquiao has never beaten Marquez.

And..... Pacquiao is not Nadal, Mayweather is.

In boxing, skills, power, chin, etc. all give you a better probability of winning, they do not ensure it. Most of the time we have to be reasonable and ignore some of this reality, but it does exist. If a fighter has 0.01% chance of winning, yeah, he's effectively got "no chance" if we're talking like normal humans should. A punch can be "lucky", and Pacquiao could have gotten "lucky" earlier in an alternate universe. That we're not living in a perfect world where everything has a set outcome is my point, and that's what makes boxing in particular so fascinating.
            Why are you are trying to insinuate that was a fluke ?

Again, Pacquiao has never beaten Marquez, he knows this.

For the record, Floyd himself has alluded to the old "puncher's chance". It's fairly well understood that it exists, and although I generally frown upon reducing it to such an unimpressive sounding phenomenon, it's worth noting that even one of the most technically skilled boxers in the world knows it's out there, and that it comes flying at him every time he steps into the ring.
            You are incredibly ignorant for insinuating that Marquez would only have a punchers chance against Pacquiao. Its like you didnt even watch or understand the third fight, which was only a year ago.

Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              lol, JMM and PBF fans don't want to see an underdog Pac take on a peaked JMM.
              I dont know if I want to see him get stretched again.

He got seriously destroyed.

Dude needs a break, and a comeback fight.

Actually, nah fuk it, I do want to see him get stretched again.

Bring it on !

Comment

So even in defeat, Pac stay making his opponents retire lmao

Comment

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
                  what I said is true and you know it.
                  Let's see a 5th fight.
                  Pac gave Marquez many chances to redeem himself.
                  Now. it's time for him to give Pac his chance.
                  Pac had 4 chances, this is what happened.....

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post

It's heart warming how all these haters and alts suddenly have all this concern for Pac's health when it comes to #5.
                    Pacquiao has done worse in every subsequent fight. If Pacquiao steps in the ring again with JMM he's going to get outboxed, that KO is going to make him think twice about everything he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      So even in defeat, Pac stay making his opponents retire lmao
                      Most fighters are long gone in the lower weights before they are 39, JMM is still competing at the highest level and destroyed one of the top P4P fighters. Where will Pacquiao be at 39? Probably in pre-school learning how to tell the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X