No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs. Marquez Still Generates Huge Business

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
    I don't think Manny needs to take 6 million in order for JMM to get 20 million. JMM already got close to 10 million, and Manny will get around 30 million if not more after PPV.

They could make it 50/50, give them each 20. You know Manny, he'd take it. Well, this lose was certainly humbling, and embarrassing, but I don't think the Bradley fight affected his stock at all. Manny certainly didn't care.

But this lose to JMM is certainly absolutely devastating for Manny. The guy was crying on Philippines national tv, apologizing for the lose. But Manny is still huge, and I don't think the lose will effect his legacy in the long run.

It's going to be interesting, because I'm sure Manny will try to get the fight, and its all going to be about how much money Arum will offer JMM. If its close to 20 million, can JMM really turn it down? Even though JMM is in the perfect position to call it a day, I think Arum is going to lure him back with money for one last fight.
    I wonder if Manny will follow Marquez to Mexico, and get some t-shirts printed up that say " I beat Marquez... " ..... no, wait..... never mind.

Comment

I'd like to see it for a few reasons

1. I just like seeing JMM get paid. He's been one of the best for a while and I don't think he got the recognition or money he deserved for his talent.

2. They always bring excitement.

3. It was a brutal KO, but it wasn't a one sided destruction. Personally before the KO I was saying there's no way this fight will go 12 with Marquez's nose. Honestly take away that last punch and it looks like Pacquiao is heading for a win, but he didn't and that's why we love boxing, anything can change at any moment.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
        Its going to be completely up to JMM, and its all going to be about money for him. I think, Pac beat him up enough for JMM to not want a rematch, and he also goes out on top with a brutal KO.

So I think JMM will be inclined to call it a day, but there's the little thing of money. He's an athlete whose income will stop very soon. And a 20 million(theoretical) dollar pay check is a huge incentive, so I could see this fight happening.

I know people some people are saying whats the point? But are you guys serious? We just witnessed an amazing fight, why in the hell wouldn't you want to see that again? We have so many boring fights every year, and this was the best. And theres the fact it would be HUGE, regardless of if you think it deserves to be huge, it still would be. I wouldn't surprised if did close to 2 million ppvs.

And lets not forget Manny was close to finishing JMM off, and had him badly hurt. It was an exciting fight, with Manny winning until the brutal KO, that is. There are many reasons for them to fight again, but that will be up to JMM.

correct me if am wrong but wasn't the first fight closer to finish him off with 3 K-downs, and he couldn't? What makes you think he was going to this time around? Marquez is the only one that has done this time and time again, don't forget first 3 fights with Pacman, Juan Diaz, Michael Katsidis but what happened after the storm is gone? JMM adjusts and beat you in your own game......and even more scarry is that he knows now that he does have a one punch KO power.

HE also said in many interviews before the fight that his full focus was in power, because he didn't want the judges to deprive him from a well deserbed victory and he was going for the KO.....so maybe just maybe thats why he look slower than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Did you watch the fight this saturday? Why wouldn't you want more of that?
          Yes i did...Because Marquez proved to the world who is the better boxer, he knocked his ass out, there is no doubt anymore, what else do you need/want to see?

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
            That's a dumb answer . People act like Marquez was dominating Pac big time then knocked him out which wasn't the case. Marquez was about to get his azz handed to him soon but he just set up a perfect punch that ended it. If you can get 10 sec before the KO, I'm pretty sure Marquez was like a 6/1 underdog. I will bet that everyone including you pretty much thought that Marquez is done with his face all tore up and Pac hitting him at will. A fifth fight is up to Marquez and Pac but there's no doubt that a fifth fight will even be bigger. I believe a fifth fight will net them both $20mills at 50/50.
            Who are these people you're talking about?
            What's more laughable is you sayin' Marquez was about to get his azz handed soon. It was a close fight! Nobody but you sore-losing Pinoys are saying that Manny was "dominating" the fight. The fight was even.... before your God got PAC-KO'D! LMAO!

You phuckin' Filipinos are something else!

As a Marquez fan, I would LOVE to see another fight.... just so he could cripple Manny for good! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
              I knew it was a scam.

Pac let Marquez KHTFO so they would make more money on a rematch.

Kidding

Waits for a pacfan to tell the same joke but with a very serious face
              lls yup, a pacfan sure would say and believe some dumb **** like that

Comment

lmao at ppl saying "marquez proved hes better "

techincally hes down 2-1 with 1 even
                due to a judging error

people act like he was dominating him it was a close fight most people had manny up and started picking uo momentum then bam goodnight

5th fight is still 50/50 and this biggest possible fight that can be made in boxing

just need either ost or both on juice for an even fight
                Last edited by revs1227; 12-10-2012, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post

correct me if am wrong but wasn't the first fight closer to finish him off with 3 K-downs, and he couldn't? What makes you think he was going to this time around? Marquez is the only one that has done this time and time again, don't forget first 3 fights with Pacman, Juan Diaz, Michael Katsidis but what happened after the storm is gone? JMM adjusts and beat you in your own game......and even more scarry is that he knows now that he does have a one punch KO power.

HE also said in many interviews before the fight that his full focus was in power, because he didn't want the judges to deprive him from a well deserbed victory and he was going for the KO.....so maybe just maybe thats why he look slower than usual.
                  Originally posted by itiswhatitis View Post
                  Yes i did...Because Marquez proved to the world who is the better boxer, he knocked his ass out, there is no doubt anymore, what else do you need/want to see?

You guys are wasting your time. These phuckin' morons don't know shyt about boxing. Marquez schooled Manny 3x and knocked him the phuck out. And they're still saying was "dominating"? LMFAO. WOW!

Holy crap.... Pacquiao got PAC KO'D! LMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
                    For the well being of Pac, i hope a fifth is not made.
                    Marquez Already proved he is better.
                    2-1 for pacquiao..if pac leaves the politic **** to side and starts training like a pro boxer he will murder bumquez..we all know that pac is better..but floyd is the best..they're C level fighters while floyd is an A level fighter..look at my sig..who's your daddy???? ahaahhashaoisdhiasihaahhahah

Comment

Originally posted by itiswhatitis View Post
                      A great fight? It's why I watch boxing. I had non boxing people over, they finally got it. How was your FMJ Baldomir rerun party, any new fans?

Comment

Working...
                      X