No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs. Marquez Still Generates Huge Business

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    b-b-but I thought noone cared about Pacquiao Marquez anymore? Isn't that what the worst fanbase in sports claimed?

Pacquiao Marquez 5 does 2 Million PPV sales and would sell out Azteca Stadium with +130K Mexicans
    That's laughable

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIX623 View Post
      i would love to see a 5th fight.
      cash is king... if theres a 5th fight it will brake all records.
      it will still be a 50/50 fight. if you think otherwise you know 0 about boxing .
      It won't break any records, it'll be a good fight....not 50/50 though, Marquez has beaten Pac arguably everytime out.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
        lol JMM stans. you guys scared of a 5th meeting? why u guys scared for pacs health all of a sudden?

im all up for this exciting rivalry. idk why u guys are opposed to it.

pacquiao will avenge this loss even harder.
        Pacquiao simply cannot outbox Marquez, we learnt that in the first 2 fights, that fact was seriously highlighted in the third..... and in the fourth, Pac got stretched.

I think that Manny would be gun-shy against Marquez next time, because there is nothing that he can do to switch it up, aggression did not work, and will never work against a master counter-puncher.

I think that Pac gets dropped quicker this time, and I think that he gets finished off for good.

I dont think there will be a rematch, and I dont think that Pac will want one.

Comment

lol JMM stans. you guys scared of a 5th meeting? why u guys scared for pacs health all of a sudden?

Lol, Marquez fans are scared as hell...cause Marquez was the one that got put to sleep 2 nights ago....we wouldn't want that to happen again.

Comment

Its going to be completely up to JMM, and its all going to be about money for him. I think, Pac beat him up enough for JMM to not want a rematch, and he also goes out on top with a brutal KO.

So I think JMM will be inclined to call it a day, but there's the little thing of money. He's an athlete whose income will stop very soon. And a 20 million(theoretical) dollar pay check is a huge incentive, so I could see this fight happening.

I know people some people are saying whats the point? But are you guys serious? We just witnessed an amazing fight, why in the hell wouldn't you want to see that again? We have so many boring fights every year, and this was the best. And theres the fact it would be HUGE, regardless of if you think it deserves to be huge, it still would be. I wouldn't surprised if did close to 2 million ppvs.

And lets not forget Manny was close to finishing JMM off, and had him badly hurt. It was an exciting fight, with Manny winning until the brutal KO, that is. There are many reasons for them to fight again, but that will be up to JMM.
            Last edited by BrokenHat; 12-10-2012, 09:36 PM.

Comment

it seems all the Marquez fans are afraid if there'll be a fifth fight. I don't think they like what they saw before the KO happened because it wasn't looking to good for Marquez. Why all y'all Marquez fans scared for . If a fifth fight does happen, it'll be so much bigger then this one. A fifth fight should only happen if they want it though. If I was Marquez I'll tell Pac hell no to a fifth fight, I knocked you out fool . But if he does agree I hope he doesn't take anything less then 50/50, he deserve a big payday if it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
                Its going to be completely up to JMM, and its all going to be about money for him. I think, Pac beat him up enough for JMM to not want a rematch, and he also goes out on top with a brutal KO.

So I think JMM will be inclined to call it a day, but there's the little thing of money. He's an athlete whose income will stop very soon. And a 20 million(theoretical) dollar pay check is a huge incentive, so I could see this fight happening.

I know people some people are saying whats the point? But are you guys serious? We just witnessed an amazing fight, why in the hell wouldn't you want to see that again? We have so many boring fights every year, and this was the best. And theres the fact it would be HUGE, regardless of if you think it deserves to be huge, it still would be. I wouldn't surprised if did close to 2 million ppvs.

And lets not forget Manny was close to finishing JMM off, and had him badly hurt. It was an exciting fight, with Manny winning until the brutal KO, that is. There are many reasons for them to fight again, but that will be up to JMM.
                Can manny go from taking "25 mil" to 6 mil, so Marquez can get his 25 mil check? I think that's what it'll take for a 5th fight to happen. manny is now in a position where he needs Marquez. He lost to him twice in a row.

Both losses were embarrassing for him

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
                  If he doesn't want to end his career on a loss, go fight someone else Manny.
                  if he had that kind of attitude, he'd probably still be selling cigarettes on the street, or Chris John at best.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    Can manny go from taking "25 mil" to 6 mil, so Marquez can get his 25 mil check? I think that's what it'll take for a 5th fight to happen. manny is now in a position where he needs Marquez. He lost to him twice in a row.

Both losses were embarrassing for him
                    I don't think Manny needs to take 6 million in order for JMM to get 20 million. JMM already got close to 10 million, and Manny will get around 30 million if not more after PPV.

They could make it 50/50, give them each 20. You know Manny, he'd take it. Well, this lose was certainly humbling, and embarrassing, but I don't think the Bradley fight affected his stock at all. Manny certainly didn't care.

But this lose to JMM is certainly absolutely devastating for Manny. The guy was crying on Philippines national tv, apologizing for the lose. But Manny is still huge, and I don't think the lose will effect his legacy in the long run.

It's going to be interesting, because I'm sure Manny will try to get the fight, and its all going to be about how much money Arum will offer JMM. If its close to 20 million, can JMM really turn it down? Even though JMM is in the perfect position to call it a day, I think Arum is going to lure him back with money for one last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
                      I don't think Manny needs to take 6 million in order for JMM to get 20 million. JMM already got close to 10 million, and Manny will get around 30 million if not more after PPV.

They could make it 50/50, give them each 20. You know Manny, he'd take it. Well, this lose was certainly humbling, and embarrassing, but I don't think the Bradley fight affected his stock at all. Manny certainly didn't care.

But this lose to JMM is certainly absolutely devastating for Manny. The guy was crying on Philippines national tv, apologizing for the lose. But Manny is still huge, and I don't think the lose will effect his legacy in the long run.

It's going to be interesting, because I'm sure Manny will try to get the fight, and its all going to be about how much money Arum will offer JMM. If its close to 20 million, can JMM really turn it down? Even though JMM is in the perfect position to call it a day, I think Arum is going to lure him back with money for one last fight.
                      Do you have a link to him crying on national tv?

I too want to see Juan retire. If manny was to beat Juan in a 5th fight, I'd feel the victory would largely be symbolic similar to the Cotto-margo rematch. What I mean by this is yes you got your victory, but the opponent at the time didn't have much left. Hopefully, it was just a matter of implementing a slugger's strategy for the 4th fight, but prior to the knockout Juan wasn't looking as good as usual

Comment

Working...
                      X