No announcement yet.

What can Marquez do to surpass Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
    Both him & Morales have already long passed up Chavez... Who's resume is about 85% tomato can.
    1. JMM
    2. Morales
    3. Chavez Sr

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      if he beats Floyd to become the lineal WW champ @ 40 in his 5th weight class... that surpasses chavez
      Hahahahahaha ...

See .. this is how you get the truth out of haters.

First, you pick a guy that the haters either love or at least don't feel threatened enough to support(Marquez).

Next, you pick an icon that's so accomplished and beloved that few think that he will ever be matched in the current era(Chavez Sr).

Now with that all set up, you have to ask a question geared to make the new guy look good without trashing the legend.

Question: "What can Marquez do to surpass Chavez? "

Now here's where the fun begins.

For all the hate and criticism that the clowns and peasants on this site use to diminish Floyd Mayweather's accomplishments and career, they are actually now claiming that a win over Mayweather is important enough to raise Juan Manuel Marquez' status to that of the widely regarded best Mexican fighter ever, Julio Cesar Chavez.

They spend day and night tearing Floyd down so that he doesn't seem like he's the best of this era and maybe others as well. But what most of them are too ****** to realize is that by stating that a win over Mayweather makes Marquez the greatest Mexican of all time, it warrants Floyd being even greater to be able to catapault Marquez' status up to those heights.

I've always said that given enough time a fool will always tell how he really feels.

Good job, MANIAC310. You're not alone though.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        So you mean there are only about three champions today?

You never call someone that holds anything but the lineal, or better Undisputed, title a champion?

You honestly refer to only those with an Undisputed title or the clear lineal title as champions today?
        Correct...

Comment

I've never said Floyd wasn't great. Infact I've said 100000000000000x times. Pacquiao, Mayweather and Hopkins are the greatest of this era and If Marquez beat Mayweather that would propel his ATG status.

no one cares about your long walls of text. Stop following me around

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            I've never said Floyd wasn't great. Infact I've said 100000000000000x times. Pacquiao, Mayweather and Hopkins are the greatest of this era and If Marquez beat Mayweather that would propel his ATG status.

No one is following you. You, a professed Mexican biased supporter, just happen to be on every Mayweather topic.

Don't be mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay
              Quote:

Originally Posted by MANIAC310

No one is following you. You, a professed Mexican biased supporter, just happen to be on every Mayweather topic.

Don't be mad.
              this is a Floyd topic? wtf

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                Damn, that's crazy. There are so many great Mexican fighters from a long time ago. I always liked Jose Luis Ramirez, but I don't know too much about boxing history. You forgot Ruben Olivares who should easily be among the top 5 greatest Mexican fighters.

I like Ramírez too and think he is very underrated. He lost some of his major fights against Olivares, Arguello, Mancini, Camacho, Chapo, and Chávez, but he did his thing also. He beat Chapo in a a spectacular rematch, regained the title for a second time, beat tough guys like Terrence Alli and Boza Edwards, and had over 100 wins. He was similar to Chávez, even in his fighting style although he was a southpaw.

Comment

beat bradley and floyd , hes the man

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                    If he took bradleys strap and beat floyd mayweather i think the would be equal to chavez accomplishments
                    equal? i think a win against floyd after knocking out pac would officially put him past chavez... marquez at 39 or 40 would have beaten two of the best fighters of this era.

Comment

No love for Olivares, it seems.

If Marquez were to beat Mayweather then he'd surpass Chavez.

Comment

Working...
                      X