No announcement yet.

What can Marquez do to surpass Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    and Marquez wasn't? LoL did you ever see him at Featherweight? he built most of his legacy in his 30's when he was over the hill. He got to Casa in his mid 30s.

in other words you're nuthugging Chavez but shitting on Marquez. "Can't bring up Randall, Chavez was past prime, but A mid 30's Marquez in his 3rd weight class is fair play"
    Yeah, but who did he beat at featherweight, which I agree was his best division? Chavez beat top dudes in all divisions in which he was champion and had title defenses like crazy. I don't care, though. I'm tired. I'm going to sleep, now. I'm rambling. ****. You win, kind of. Except, Chavez still ****s Marquez.
    Last edited by Null; 12-11-2012, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
      Yeah, but did he beat at featherweight, which I agree was his best division?
      after Norwood, he didn't fight for a title for another 4 years. Then he went on to beat

Manuel Medina (one of his most underrated wins),
      Derrick Gainer
      Manny Pacquiao (unofficial, but very relevant fight)
      Orlando Salido
      Robbie Peden

I won't even mention the Chris John robbery, at featherweight was around the time he was considered a P4P fighter. To pretend like he did nothing @ FW is ridiculous. and really only the Pacquiao fight was competitive and he took 10 rounds IMO.

the amount of skill he displayed in his absolute physical prime was ridiculous. His speed, combinations, heart, agility, defense, footwork.

Comment

after Norwood, he didn't fight for a title for another 4 years. Then he went on to beat

Manuel Medina (one of his most underrated wins),
        Derrick Gainer
        Manny Pacquiao (unofficial, but very relevant fight)
        Orlando Salido
        Robbie Peden

I won't even mention the Chris John robbery, at featherweight was around the time he was considered a P4P fighter. To pretend like he did nothing @ FW is ridiculous. and really only the Pacquiao fight was competitive and he took 10 rounds IMO.

the amount of skill he displayed in his absolute physical prime was ridiculous. His speed, combinations, heart, agility, defense, footwork.
        I understand Marquez is a great fighter, I am just playing devil's advocate for the sake of defending Chavez in this discussion. However, I just don't see how Marquez beats Chavez with both in their prime. Chavez struggled against dudes who boxed him and dudes who didn't want to stay in the pocket and fight. Marquez is not that kind of fighter. Marquez will fight you toe-to-toe, meaning he would stay on the inside and fight Chavez' fight. Chavez broke people down and put relentless pressure, he wouldn't let Marquez breathe and would be on him the entire fight. Marquez is a good inside fighter, but is not great, he thinks too much on the inside. He struggled against dudes like Katsidis and Diaz, who are C and B level inside fighters. Both had success against Marquez. Now, consider Marquez against arguably the greatest insider fighter their has ever been.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
          He can only dream about it..chavez would never lose to a bum like chris john.
          your right he would only lose to atg and p4p fighters like willy wise

Comment

He already has. People that say he hasn't are pure Chavez **** riders.

Comment

if he beats Floyd to become the lineal WW champ @ 40 in his 5th weight class... that surpasses chavez
              I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                If he took bradleys strap and beat floyd mayweather i think the would be equal to chavez accomplishments
                Well, he already took Bradley's strap, because Bradley sure as hell didn't beat Pac, thus Pac is still, in all but name, the 147 champ and Marquez just KHTFO. Thus, Marquez is the first ever five division Mexican champ (just not officially)!

He'd need to do something pretty drastic to overtake Chavez. It would probably have to be beating Floyd. Just not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  Well, he already took Bradley's strap, because Bradley sure as hell didn't beat Pac, thus Pac is still, in all but name, the 147 champ and Marquez just KHTFO. Thus, Marquez is the first ever five division Mexican champ (just not officially)!

He'd need to do something pretty drastic to overtake Chavez. It would probably have to be beating Floyd. Just not gonna happen.
                  Well no he's not because its a paper title, as is his 140lb title.

Comment

okay, well Morales's and Arce's 4th division titles are paper titles too so I guess Marquez is the first legit 4 Division Mexican champ

Comment

okay, well Morales's and Arce's 4th division titles are paper titles too so I guess Marquez is the first legit 4 Division Mexican champ
                      No he's not.

Comment

Working...
                      X