No announcement yet.

Marquez is the New P4P King

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Marquez just went up in weight again at 40 to knock out an ATG putting an end to one of boxing greatest rivalries. Last year he went up 2 weightclasses to best the same ATG and was robbed of his 5th division championship.

Ward and Floyd's wins recently havent been as impressive.
    Floyd might be greater but recently he hasn't done anything noteworthy.
    There's a real argument for Ward deserving the #1 spot but he had all the advantages against Dawson. Pacquiao had all the advantages against Marquez age, speed, size, etc.

Marquez knocking out Pacquiao, and besting him last year > Ward's wins over a weight drained Dawson and Froch

even if it doesn't last long, Marquez is the # 1 P4P and Ward is #2 as of right now.

Edit: I would prefer if Floyd fans didn't come in to troll or infest this thread. Disagreeing is okay but keep it civil

This is where you lost me.

Comment

Marquez just went up in weight again at 40 to knock out an ATG putting an end to one of boxing greatest rivalries. Last year he went up 2 weightclasses to best the same ATG and was robbed of his 5th division championship.

There's a real argument for Ward deserving the #1 spot but he had all the advantages against Dawson. Pacquiao had all the advantages against Marquez age, speed, size, etc.

Marquez knocking out Pacquiao, and besting him last year > Ward's wins over a weight drained Dawson and Froch

even if it doesn't last long, Marquez is the # 1 P4P and Ward is #2 as of right now.

Edit: I would prefer if Floyd fans didn't come in to troll or infest this thread. Disagreeing is okay but keep it civil
      Any Mexican with a pulse is P4P king on your list.

Comment

I know Pacquiao wasn't number 1, but he was on the list, just for that, I wouldn't even be mad if JMM got the number 1 spot.

This is undeniable.

Comment

Marquez should go up but to #1 nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Destroying a Dawson, that was coming down in weight to fight in Wards hometown and going life and death with cotto isnt as impressive as going up in weight to knock Pacquiao out cold. the Froch win was solid, the ortiz sucker punch was mediocre

If you disagree make your case

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
            No, that's stupid if you're not going to add anything to my thread please leave.

Comment

Agreed 100% Marquez is the P4P king of the sport and this decades greatest fighter. There is nothing that Floyd can do other than destroy Martinez at 160!

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Why can't your brain fathom the fact that Marquez's win is more impressive than Floyds last fight or Wards? Why is it because they're black and Marquez is'nt. You're one of those guys that can't see it any other way because you convinced yourself that black American fighters are the best period! So your brain does'nt know how to deal with this new reality!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  Manny was considered the best P4P and now Marquez decisioned him 3 times and knocked him out cold so I think Marquez kind of earned the right you hating bastard!!!

Comment

Marquez went up 3 lbs from the last time they fought last year so don't act like it was big jump in weight. If Cotto winning 2 rds is going life and death even though Floyd went up in weight then ok. Marquez last 4 wins are Manny,Fedchenko,Ramos & Katisdis; Floyds last 4 wins Cotto,Ortiz,Mosley & Marquez; Ward last 4 wins,Dawson,Froch,Abraham,Green. It doesn't take genius to figure who's better. Let's be real Manny hasn't looked good in the ring since he beat Cotto 3 years ago.

Comment

Destroying a Dawson, that was coming down in weight to fight in Wards hometown and going life and death with cotto isnt as impressive as going up in weight to knock Pacquiao out cold. the Froch win was solid, the ortiz sucker punch was mediocre

If you disagree make your case.
                      Wouldn't say he went life and death with Cotto but yeah Marquez last two wins over Pacquaio is certainly better than anything Mayweather has done in years and ever.

Problem is Mayweather dominant win over Marquez means most will be reluctant to rank him ahead of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X