No announcement yet.

Gamboa vs Farenas weigh in VIDEO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    But if Gamboa was a 5'10" WW he wouldnt he as explosive as he is, I don't think anyway. So some of the appeal would be gone most likely.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    That's not really the point. But if you want to focus on that aspect, what would you call prime Tyson?

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
      He is 30..he could be in his prime right now and what we saw before was just a preview..in the right hands he can make history next years along with other cubans who are close to the top..a god boxing years await us...I can wait for more cuban go to elite level to have more to debate and watch..now we have to wait a lot between fights..I like the paquiao, broner, martinez figh ts but nothing pump me like when my countrymen fight..
      Gamboa turns 31 in two weeks. Prime years, especially in the lower weights, are precious. I hate to say it, but Yuri doesn't have much time to make his mark.

I hate to say this, too: there aren't too many Cubans out there with "elite" potential. Our population in the U.S. is miniscule (approximately 1.5 million) and everyone else is trapped on the island. There are only so many Olympic gold medallists to go around. Almost all of ours defected at the same time. Gamboa was one of them. We need to enjoy this period. Unless there's a major political change in Cuba soon, we might not see another wave of good Cuban fighters again for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        That's not really the point. But if you want to focus on that aspect, what would you call prime Tyson?
        A ****ing beast?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Gamboa turns 31 in two weeks. Prime years, especially in the lower weights, are precious. I hate to say it, but Yuri doesn't have much time to make his mark.

I hate to say this, too: there aren't too many Cubans out there with "elite" potential. Our population in the U.S. is miniscule (approximately 1.5 million) and everyone else is trapped on the island. There are only so many Olympic gold medallists to go around. Almost all of ours defected at the same time. Gamboa was one of them. We need to enjoy this period. Unless there's a major political change in Cuba soon, we might not see another wave of good Cuban fighters again for a while.
          Angelo Santana is coming..Mike Perez just withdraw from chagaev fight..alexei collado..luis franco,..yoandris salinas...Sullivan barrera..el maja socarras...humberto savigne..pedro ortis....yunier dorticos..yoelbis gamboa....this along with yoan pablo, Gamboa, rigo, Solis, Lara and Abril could keep us entertained

Comment

And I didn't mention judel Jhonson, yordenis ugas or yordanis despaigne who are good but nothing special..

Comment

Lo puedes ver en vivo en www.rojadirecta.com
              voy a estar en el carro como 9 horas asi que no se podra hacer eso bro

Comment

Angelo Santana is coming..Mike Perez just withdraw from chagaev fight..alexei collado..luis franco,..yoandris salinas...Sullivan barrera..el maja socarras...humberto savigne..pedro ortis....yunier dorticos..yoelbis gamboa....this along with yoan pablo, Gamboa, rigo, Solis, Lara and Abril could keep us entertained
                That's a lot of guys. I'll enjoy following them and cheering them all on. But very few of them even have potential to reach the top. Virtually all of the biggest names have fled the island. Where is the next batch of Cubans?

(By the way, Santana has got me really excited about his prospects. He could be a star.)

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  A ****ing beast?
                  lol

Exactly....

Comment

most of those guys are C or low b fighters theres nothing like gamboa and rigo thought lara on the second tier

Comment

nope..he was in the undercard of boxeo telemundo..I forgot to tell you yesterday..he wan but he looked horrible..I don't see any future in him..anyways how I said before I will allways be rooting for him as my contryman and I wish him the best..
                      Yea well he was slipping when he was fighting Garcia too and lost of course. Maybe it's an experience thing. I watch all the Cubans even if they suck ... That includes Rances Barthelemy lol. Barthelemy can be a force with his height tho, he still young tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X