Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose Luis Castillo VS Floyd Mayweather I, Who really won??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Castillo won and I layed $20K on Floyd to win $5K. Thought I got really lucky. Backed Floyd in rematch too because I figured he'd do better. he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuavale View Post
      I thought Castillo won and I layed $20K on Floyd to win $5K. Thought I got really lucky. Backed Floyd in rematch too because I figured he'd do better. he did.
      Horrible odds, but great bet in retrospect. I Never drop loot on **** like that. I couldn't handle losing 2k just for a potential 500 payout. I rather lose on high paying dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        Horrible odds, but great bet in retrospect. I Never drop loot on **** like that. I couldn't handle losing 2k just for a potential 500 payout. I rather lose on high paying dogs.
        I'd rather win on high paying dogs. And I've tailored my methods since that time.

Comment

• I've been meaning to watch this fight again. It's been ages but the last time I watched it I had it a draw. I thought both guys fought valiantly and that Castillo didn't deserve to lose his title. But there was an immediate rematch, as their should have been, and Mayweather established himself as the superior fighter.

Comment

• Floyd won by 8 rounds.

Comment

• I had Castillo winning by 2 points. It wasn't a huge robbery like some people claim. I thought Castillo definitely did enough to keep his belt though.

Very strange scorecards in both of the Floyd/Castillo fights.

The first fight was a close one where a lot of people had Castillo winning, yet the judges scored it 116-111, 115-111, 115-111.

The 2nd fight was clearly won by Floyd and the judges scored that one 116-113, 115-113, 115-113.

Comment

• The poll

Floyd was outlanded, didn't control the fight, wasn't the ring general and wasn't the champion.

Castillo beat Mayweather. He shouldn't be undefeated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  The poll

Floyd was outlanded, didn't control the fight, wasn't the ring general and wasn't the champion.

Castillo beat Mayweather. He shouldn't be undefeated.
                  But he is. And all the complaining and boxingscene polls in the world isn't going to change that. It is what it is.

People just need to learn to move on. Repeating something over and over isn't going to make it come true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Once a month someone makes this thread.

I had Floyd winning but it was close.
                    As everybody should remember, Floyd had his shoulder injured very early... He even turned to southpaw immediately... That fight was hard to score.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                      But he is. And all the complaining and boxingscene polls in the world isn't going to change that. It is what it is.

People just need to learn to move on. Repeating something over and over isn't going to make it come true.
                      I showed the Castillo fight to a couple casual fans who are friends of mine a couple months ago; they think Castillo beat Floyd.

Whenever someone claims Floyd is truly undefeated; a quick YouTube search will show that it simply isn't true.

Comment

Working...
                      X