Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks Cotto vs Trout was a draw ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Trout didn't win 7-12?

Trout out landed him with clearly the more clean, effective punches in all of those rounds. Hurt him multiple times.

Which rounds did Cotto win between 7-12?
    Dont forget round 9 could've been scored 10-8 if you wanted to. The only reason why I didnt, was cause I felt Trout just fell short from total domination in that round for me to award it. But he only fell short by a punch or two. Had he put together maybe one more sweet combination that round, I may have given the coveted 10-8 with no KD.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      I completely agree IronDan my man, and see that it was possible for it to be a draw going into the 7th. I had it 4-2 Trout with round 4 being a close round but I gave it to Trout. The only rounds I gave to Miguel at that point was 2 and 5.

My scorecard was 118-110 Trout.
      I had it 117-111.

Trout clearly won round 1, gave him round 2 aswell.

Then gave Cotto 3,4,5, although they weren't dominant rounds but I felt he was finding his range and did some work.

Then I gave Trout 6-12. 7-12 being clear Trout rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I know who he is, and I know what he's trying to do. He's a Cotto fan so he wants to look unbiased.

I gave nobody the benefit of the doubt and thought the fight was okay as a draw.

I don't like Trout and everybody knows i'm no Cotto fan, putting it lightly.
        Trying to look unbiased? I'm just telling you how I scored it. I can't see giving him more than 5 rounds.

Comment

It could have been a draw, seeing as how every round was close, but honestly I think Trout did just enough to edge most of them with.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
            Dont forget round 9 could've been scored 10-8 if you wanted to. The only reason why I didnt, was cause I felt Trout just fell short from total domination in that round for me to award it. But he only fell short by a punch or two. Had he put together maybe one more sweet combination that round, I may have given the coveted 10-8 with no KD.
            He hurt him multiple times as well in the second half of the fight.

Busted him up badly, he could have stopped him if he really forced the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by crazed_z06 View Post
              The guys keeping score on Showtime suck at scoring fights lol. Harold Lederman was have been like, "I have the fight 117 - 111... JIM!!"
              But ShowTime will probably be granted the rights to the Cotto vs. Canelo PPV event so of course they wanted Canelo to win.

Comment

I had it 117-111.

Then gave Cotto 3,4,5, although they weren't dominant rounds but I felt he was finding his range and did some work.

I respect that IronDan. Good solid scorecard. I had it rounds 1,3,4,6-12 for Trout with rounds 4 and 10 being close rounds but scored for Trout, with round 9 being a very dominant round for Trout.

I gave Cotto rounds 2 and 5, with round 5 being Cotto's best round in the fight.

Comment

I had it 117-111.

I gave Cotto round one too. I think the commentators were surprised at what Trout could do and swayed my opinion for a sec.

Comment

Trout won clearly , go look at the post fight video , Cotto is beat up , Trout dont have a scratch not even the slightest of swelling anywhere , the fight wasnt close at all , aggression doesnt win fights and non effective aggression doesnt score .

Comment

He hurt him multiple times as well in the second half of the fight.

Busted him up badly, he could have stopped him if he really forced the fight.
                      I had hat feeling too. I think in round 10 Trout kinda took his foot off the gas compared to how he put the peddle to the metal in round 9. He possible coulda got the TKO that round had he pressed the issue. I like how before I think the start of round 8 or 9(I forget which round, but its dvr'd so I'll watch it again after the GB/Vikings game)his corner asked for a particular combination I think he said 5C or somethin like that. Trout said ok, and went out set the combo up, and brought on out. Beautiful if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                      X