Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks Cotto vs Trout was a draw ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sammy2g3 View Post
    You can't say oh, well I gave the last close round to this person, let me give the next close round to the other.
    No one scores a fight like that. You give the round to be guy you think did the better work.

Comment

Nope, no way Cotto deserved a draw maybe 4 rounds at best and I wanted Cotto to win saying this but Trout was the better fighter and clearly won the fight.

Comment

You're one of very few.

Trout won the fight and he won it clearly.

Comment

lacy beat calzaghe, baldomir beat floyd, pavlik beat hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy2g3 View Post
            I think the scores were pretty accurate. The 119-110 was probably because the judge gave every close round to Trout. You can't say oh, well I gave the last close round to this person, let me give the next close round to the other.

I stopped scoring the fight after round 6. However, I thought Cotto won rounds 3,4, and maybe 5. I can still see how you could give Trout those rounds. In addition, I thought Trout won every round easily after round 6.
            Exactly what this guy said^^^^^^^^

Comment

I thought the score cards of the judges were about right just as they were about right in the Cotto Mayweather fight and Cotto has now lost two one sided decisions in a row. I think he has some of the most loyal, devoted fans of any fighter around and they tend to be generous scoring his fights. I don't believe the defending champion should get any built in advantage in the scoring of the fight. Give the round to whoever won it, no matter how close, add up the total and there is your winner. If a round was dead even then score it an even round.

Comment

Yes. I had it 117 - 111 Trout, He won comprehensively

Comment

I had it 115-113 for Trout. It was a clear win for Trout but it was close.

Comment

cotto was schooled, 10-2, Trout, and I love me some Miguel Cotto. The PR lost fair and square.

Comment

I gave Trout rounds: 1,7,8,9,10,11 and 12.

I gave Cotto rounds: 2,3,4,5,6

Trout: 115
                      Cotto: 113

Like I said before I could see a 116-112 for Trout.

Comment

Working...
                      X