No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer, De La Hoya Discuss Mayweather vs. Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Guerrero would get picked apart. His style last night reminded me of Margarito. Tons of workrate with absolutely zero defense! I see Floyd taking this fight though! Zero risk.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking... Homie has NO defense at all! And he does fight like Margarito just come straight forward... For boxing sake stay away from Pac and Mayweather that fight would not be pretty

Comment

Originally posted by 1prodz View Post
      Naw, stop the excuses for Fraud RoidWeather the dude is an opportunist and a coward. I don't get these excuses from Roidweather fans that say Martinez is too big. People say Martinez walks around over 180 pounds normally so what so did Cotto and Oscar when fraud fought them. Real reason fraud don't want nothing to do with Sergio, is because Martinez is too big a risk and not enough reward. Fraud's history shows that he always will take the easiest opponent for the most amount of money. Plus Martinez agreed to come down to a catch-weight or 154. Get out of here Roidweather fans your hero is a coward, let the excuses go please.
      so true. floyd fans always have excuses. all the great fighters take challenges. Sugar Ray Robinson tries to win the light hvywt title. Sugra Ray Leonard won the light hvywt title after beating the best lb for lb fighter in the world at middlewt when he had benevr fought above 154. Pac started at 112, and was fighting at 122- 130 for a large pct of his career - he eats a ridiculous amt to fight at welter bc that where the challenges/big money fights were at the time (de la Hoya, Cotto, mayweather - shouldve happened) the greats try to do what no one believes they can. when does floyd take challenges that people think are tough since leaving 130-135 lbs? answer: fu***n never!
      140 lbs - duck Tszyu; 147 - duck Pac; 154 - duck Martinez.
      If he was a real lb for lb great he'd fight Martinez at 160, but he wont even fight him at 154. if anyone buys mayweather v guerrero, they are just continuing to encourage mayweather fighting these easy fights when there are fights the public wants that he refuses tro take

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        No doubt about it which goes back to how high the bar is set for Floyd. If Pac was fighting Guerrero, that would be the best ranked WW he's fought since the Cotto fight. Or at least a guy who fights at WW, is winning at WW, has a title AT WW and is not shot to ****.

The problem with Pac vs Clottey was, Pac had the chance to fight the #1 guy but turned to a Guerrero type fight and has done the same since, up until he started pulling guys who are not even ranked at WW up to WW. Floyd fought Ortiz and people **** themselves but still say but Clottey was ranked as a WW so that made it ok for him to duck Floyd and fight him. He was a real live and living WW etc etc etc...

Again, this goes back to how high the standards are set for Floyd and how dirt low the standards are laid out for Pac, catchweight included.
        well 1st off - Pac never claims to be the greatest ever, Mayweather does - so back up ur fu***n talk. 2nd how are the standards different? who has Mayweather beaten that Pac hasnt? Ortiz is the only one, so dont go there. and dont talk about catch wts bc May did it wit Marquez and then didnt even make wt - thats even worse

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
          Oh Yes , there are many that do, me for one mang.

you floyd fans just can't stand it , you think Jr is invincible, LMAO

Guerrero is now and Elite WW, proven it, and I didn't think he could do what he just did to another Elite WW.

JR azzzzzzzzzzzz is in trouble,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh but wait

only

if he comes out of his nice cave
          Pac nut hugger Floyd hater lol... so should Rob fight Pac? Is pac scared if he doesn't fight this dude is he beats Marquez?? Oh aight lol Rob should fight the winner of Alexander/Brooke and first Keith Thurman if he can pass those test which he wouldn't then fans might maybe... wanna see him face Floyd.

But right now he has zero defense, and is a straight forward fighter. And if Floyd fights him, dominates him like we all know he will, than its "Floyd is scared of Canelo, Pac, Martinez etc... He chose Rob over those guys" Yet dyck riders like you just talk... and talk... pretty much just troll! But keep at it chump

Comment

I like this matchup. I think Guerrero is marketable. You put his great story on ESPN attached with Floyd's mouth and you get a million PPVs easy. But Berto and Floyd are different fighters. Bertos version of the shoulder roll is not Floyd's. Berto doesn't have Floyd's check hook and most importantly Floyd's counter right hand. Which was open all night long. Plus he don't have Floyd's defense and ring savy.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              If Mayweather fought Guerrero next, it'd be on the level of Pacquiao-Clottey. A decent fight against a Top 10 WW, but not a big fight or a fight that will do anything for him. Now if Guerrero beats a Bradley, Alexander, or Matthysse next, than Floyd-Guerrero should happen and Guerrero will have earned it 100%.

People are going to say "Well Ortiz beat Berto and landed Floyd, why not Guerrero???". Well Berto was also rated better at the time Ortiz beat him. Berto was the #2 WW in the world at the time, and was heavily rumored to be fighting pacquiao until Pac opted to fight Mosley. Berto was still a solid win for Guerrero, but when Ortiz dominated him and battered him, it was seen as better by most.

Hmm Devon Alexander? Ahh I don't know brah, I think a Berto win is a lot more compelling than a win over Alexander. . .

Alexander has already been beat by Kotelnik, Matthysse, and Bradley.

Now Matthysse would be a great, great win, so would tiny Timmah Bradley.

I still think CLottey was a great win for Pac, as he was a huge WW, with a style that had NEVER. . and I mean NEVER been close to being in a one-sided loss before. He beat Cotto in most people's eyes, and was top 5 WW in a lot of people's eyes. .

I remember a year before Pac dominated Clottey, his name was used as an example of a "full blown WW" that Pac would never fight. . . It's always funny how the tables turn, and things are looked at through a different scope, though.

Just like Ortiz for FLoyd - I thought that was a really good win for him. . .

I wouldn't mind if FLoyd fights Guerrero now. Not my first choice, but wouldn't be a bad choice to hold him over for a Pac fight, or Canelo/Sergio fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rasdun View Post
                well 1st off - Pac never claims to be the greatest ever, Mayweather does - so back up ur fu***n talk.
                What does that have to do with anything?

2nd how are the standards different? who has Mayweather beaten that Pac hasnt?
                I get it, you're looking at WHO and not WHEN Pac fought the guys Mayweather already beat. Hey we can sit here all day and say Trevor Berbick is an ATG because he beat Ali too with that kind of logic.

Ortiz is the only one, so dont go there.
                Ortiz was at least a WW who had a title and was winning. Not to mention was bigger than Floyd fight night.

and dont talk about catch wts bc May did it wit Marquez and then didnt even make wt - thats even worse
                You know what’s even worse? After all the **** Floyd got from people (including me), Pac went and forced a LW up to WW looking for the same result. Even said he under estimated JMM because he was thinking he would look just like he did vs Mayweather. It’s funny that pac is again wanting to fight this guy at WW when "too small" Pac doesn’t even have a belt at WW to defend. Meanwhile JMM has never ever won a fight at WW.

So (too small for WW) Pac is forcing guys up to him at WW... makes sense...

Anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                  Mayweather is gonna take the Guerrero fight, hopefully doesnt
                  He will! Coz Canelo can hurt him! GUerrero cant. Coz Matinez can beat Him. Guerrero cant! Coz Pac can beat him! Floyd can beat only Pac's sparring partner!

Comment

After seeing what Guerrero did to Berto, he would destroy floyd

Floyds legs are gone and hes gonna try to fight on the ropes. Big Mistake against the ghost. Hes incredibly accurate on the ropes and has way more power than floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      Mayweather fights Alvarez who's a much bigger threat than Guerrero before fighting Guerrero.

The problem is nobody below 154 is good enough to beat Floyd as NOBODY would be favored to beat him which makes the fight an easy cherry pick. Of course this is all based off pactart logic of hindsight.

The truth is, nobody expects Floyd to lose to anyone not named Martinez or anyone who's not fighting at MW. It's all about who brings in the most money as it doesn’t matter who he fights, Floyd will be always, ALWAYS be the favorite unless he jumps right up to MW and fights the best. Which is typically what he does when moving up.

Winner of Cotto Alvarez would be a great fight. in the meantime who ever Floyd fights, would be considered a cherry pick unless he fights a MW. That's the crazy truth too. The guy has to fight a MW in order for the fight not to be considered a cherry pick. Talk about setting the bar high.

There is not ONE fighter anyone can name below 154 that would be the betting favorite vs Floyd Mayweather... which is exactly why no matter who he fights people will say they are just not that good enough. A few words shy of "it's just not that fair" or in the words of Team Pac in regards to the Shane Mosley who begged for a fight, he's simply just "too good". Or in Floyd’s case, would it be “too great?”
                      You aren't saying much everyone knows fraud is number 1 or 2 at welterweight what's your point??. Second is fraud a welterweight or a junior middle or whatever fight is the easiest between the two divisions that brings him the most amount of money???. Their are only three fights for Fraud over the last couple years that make any real sense, Pacman which he ducked Martinez which he ducked and continues to duck and now Canelo who is the biggest name at jr middle and seems like the real deal. Even though canelo might be slightly green and young realistically he is the third best option.

Comment

Working...
                      X