Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton-Senchenko, Quigg-Monroe, Rabchenko-Vitu, Murray-Navarro RBR and discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    amazing chin on him. he's that "proud" kind of tough. i can't really describe it more than that. too proud to back down.

some guys are from rough places and are the "hard" kind of tough. they harden under brutal conditions. shane grew up in a good family. he had the pride and confident type of tough.

great fighter! gonna try and get to canastota when he's enshrined!
    Great great post about Hatton, but I disagree with this one. about the fact that you linked 'toughness of character' with chin (or you implied it)
    It have nothing with being 'tough'. It's just the chin. Mccall wasnt' tougher than Lewis. He just had a rock granite chin. The likes of Wladimir, Julian Jackson, Tommy Hearns etc are not tough?
    The likes of Frazier is not tough? It's just the chin.
    Does Frazier need to be 'tougher' in order not to get knocked down multiple times against Foreman? Shane was blessed with an granite chin, just like Mccall( who was bat **** crazy).

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      He definitely got paid so he can wipe those tears away with a gold plated handkerchief.

He could never take a great punch and he couldn't pull off a Sugar Ray Leonard lay off type win- which shows you how hard it is to do after so long of a time.
      Until Mayweather broke his chin, Ricky could, and did, always take a great punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
        Bolded is why he needs to get out. Obviously when people lose it can be mentally taxing. But Ricky takes it much worse and more to heart than most boxers do. He's not really cut out for it. It's not good for a guy whose mental state is depending on a win to be... letting his mental state depend on a win.

He's a good guy though, you can tell that. He needs to get out ASAP and look at this from a better point of view. He tried hard tonight. He gave it all he had and he could have done a lot worse.
        Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Until Mayweather broke his chin, Ricky could, and did, always take a great punch.

How come I remember him being down a couple of times before that?

Is that an illusion?

I guess so when Magee dropped him.

I still hate him and all his stupid blood and guts talk.

LOL.
        Last edited by jreckoning; 11-24-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
          Great great post about Hatton, but I disagree with this one. about the fact that you linked 'toughness of character' with chin (or you implied it)
          It have nothing with being 'tough'. It's just the chin. Mccall wasnt' tougher than Lewis. He just had a rock granite chin. The likes of Wladimir, Julian Jackson, Tommy Hearns etc are not tough?
          The likes of Frazier is not tough? It's just the chin.
          Does Frazier need to be 'tougher' in order not to get knocked down multiple times against Foreman? Shane was blessed with an granite chin, just like Mccall( who was bat **** crazy).
          Referring to Mosley.

Comment

How come I remember him being down a couple of times before that?

Is that an illusion?
            Dropped once by Magee, that was it.

Until the Mayweather fight he could always take severe punishment to do damage of his own. He made a habbit of it actually, without a top chin he wouldn't have got close to as far as he did, seing as he got punched in the face constantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
              well done Hatton..a nice last paycheck and being KO'd in front of his home fans...
              cant feel sorry for someone who didnt train enough on his stamina and was hyping up a fight like this..
              what goes around comes around..drug addiction..cheating on his wife..bad example for the youths..he could cheat in the end..he was exposed here..Senchenko got a nice name to put on his resume..Malignaggi looks good now...
              Yeah you can't feel too sorry for him, he got a really nice payday and an opportunity to resurrect his career. I think his problem is that his ego was too big and he just can't handle defeat, it messes him up. Guys like Roy and Holyfield are delusional but it gives them a mental strength and they take losses very well.

In his post fight interview he really looked like a broken man. There's a big possibility he tries to hurt himself again.

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Actually Collazo was first to crack that chin, Floyd finished what Collazo started.
              Last edited by Light_Speed; 11-24-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Yeah you can't feel too sorry for him, he got a really nice payday and an opportunity to resurrect his career. I think his problem is that his ego was too big and he just can't handle defeat, it messes him up. Guys like Roy and Holyfield are delusional but it gives them a mental strength and they take losses very well.

Actually Collazo was first to crack that chin, Floyd finished what Collazo started.

Eamon Magee cracked it before either

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

In his post fight interview he really looked like a broken man. There's a big possibility he tries to hurt himself again.

He should be fine. 34, rich as hell. and it's just a sport. I think his life is better than 99% of people in Manchester so he ain't got much to complain about except losing in a game.

Comment

• Comment

He should be fine. 34, rich as hell. and it's just a sport. I think his life is better than 99% of people in Manchester so he ain't got much to complain about except losing in a game.
                      Not much good if he's clinically depressed though. That tends not to have much connection with reality.

Comment

Working...
                      X