Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton-Senchenko, Quigg-Monroe, Rabchenko-Vitu, Murray-Navarro RBR and discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    You guys should listen to my assessments.
    So what's your gut telling you on Ghost/Berto and Thurman/Quintana? I can't make up my mind on whether I should bet or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      So what's your gut telling you on Ghost/Berto and Thurman/Quintana? I can't make up my mind on whether I should bet or not.
      I think Berto is overlooking the Ghost and he will fade because of his muscle mass and inactivity leaving the Ghost to tag him down the stretch....looks like a clear Ghost win, I expect controversy on the cards though.

I expect Quintana to outbox Thurman and school him but also would not be surprised at some card controversy....Quintana is in the final stretches of his career and won't generate much money in the future. Thurman is already heavily hyped by HBO and will get a favor if it's close on the cards because he could generate sales in the future.....remember how this forum was talking about him being a future star after only one lackluster performance on HBO a few months back?

These are both risky betting fights IMO. I don't think the rightful winner will get the nod if the fights are close and I don't see any KO's so I think they will both head to the cards.
      Last edited by mathed; 11-24-2012, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I said it would happen, I bet as such and I won. I couldn't understand how a substantial amount of people completely overlooked how a person's lifestyle and time away from the ring will effect one's performance. The Ricky of today isn't the Ricky of 5 years ago. I know the main reason he took the fight was because he beat Paulie and Paulie beat this guy so ergo, he should fulfill the triangle theory. Most of us know that triangle theories rarely ever workout though.
        Yeah, but we see how that almost didn't pay off for you. This wasn't a clear case of a shot fighter IMO, he did look sloppy as hell in places but that's Hatton for you. He didn't come out and get KO'd immediately, or buckle the first time he took a solid shot. He was fine, he was "competitive", and I thought he'd at least survive. I don't bet on what I think someone is going to be like based on stories I've heard of their lifestyle. We both know Senchenko would have been killed if this had taken place three years ago.

That said, you were right in the end: he didn't quite have it in him. It'll be interesting to see how your Guerrero/Berto pick plays out. I think Guerrero's the better boxer clearly, but I'm not sure he's strong enough at the weight. Berto is severely flawed/limited though. Could happen.

Comment

I think Berto is overlooking the Ghost and he will fade because of his muscle mass and inactivity leaving the Ghost to tag him down the stretch....looks like a clear Ghost win, I expect controversy on the cards though.

I expect Quintana to outbox Thurman and school him but also would not be surprised at some card controversy....Quintana is in the final stretches of his career and won't generate much money in the future. Thurman is already heavily hyped by HBO and will get a favor if it's close on the cards because he could generate sales in the future.....remember how this forum was talking about him being a future star after only one lackluster performance on HBO a few months back?
          Thurman's name came up because he was being looked at as a potential opponent for Maidana's first fight at WW. When Maidana's team made some comments that sounded like they were avoiding Thurman, his hype started to grow. I want to bet against him so bad, but as you said, he's a young Haymon fighter and will most likely get the benefit of the doubt. Same goes for Berto as well, and it's why I'm having a difficult time laying the money down. Against my better judgment, I'll put money down on Thurman, and for Berto/Ghost to go over 9.5. I think the ring rust will prevent Berto from stopping Guerrero, and Ghost will fight more disciplined than he did against Aydin. We will see in a couple hours.

Comment

• Ricky should let a trusted adviser guide his career.. Hiring Floyd Sr to train him was wrong. Being his own matchmaker for tonight's fight was another mistake. That emotional interview
            after the fight makes me concerned for his immediate future.

Comment

• Delete this post
              Last edited by VatoMulatto; 11-24-2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Delete this post
                Last edited by VatoMulatto; 11-24-2012, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
                  Great great post about Hatton, but I disagree with this one. about the fact that you linked 'toughness of character' with chin (or you implied it)
                  It have nothing with being 'tough'. It's just the chin. Mccall wasnt' tougher than Lewis. He just had a rock granite chin. The likes of Wladimir, Julian Jackson, Tommy Hearns etc are not tough?
                  The likes of Frazier is not tough? It's just the chin.
                  Does Frazier need to be 'tougher' in order not to get knocked down multiple times against Foreman? Shane was blessed with an granite chin, just like Mccall( who was bat **** crazy).

thats not what i was saying...

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    I had a friend who killed himself, so of course I wish Ricky the best.

He needs to get help and I hope he does.

I hope he doesn't die because he achieved a ton in a "game".

He still has a good life ahead without boxing.
                    He has depression, even though he achieved some good things depression just makes you forget about all that and focus on all the bad things that have happened.

Of course he still can have a good life, but for people with depression that's just very hard to see even if everyone else can see it.

Hatton should look for more professional help, get his meds and therapy and try to move on. It's going to be really hard for him but if things go well then he should be able to do it. Wish him the best.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X