No announcement yet.

I don't think Broner would beat Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Broner would do what Abril did to Rios, but the difference is that Broner brings MUCH MORE POWER

Broner gets inside like he did against DeMarco and DESTROYS Rios with those Quick Hands

Why are people back to Hyping up Rios...AGAIN, he did not look all that good against Alvarado
    Who would you pick if Alvarado and Demarco fought at a catch weight of 138?

Comment

The body is where Broner would do his damage. Rios imo is tailor made for Broner.

Comment

I think Matthysse would give Broner a fight.

Comment

Haven't heard a serious response to why Broner would win yet. All I'm hearing is "philly shell" and "Richard Abril" You gotta come harder than that. How does Broner get the better of Rios when hes not a natural counter puncher? If Broner does get tired and sees that he can't hang with Rios in close, would there be a plan B the way Floyd had against Castillo to box on his toes and sharp shoot? I'm not confident that he has those intangibles.

Comment

If this fight miraculously happens[GBP-Top Rank makes it hard to be done], and Broner beats Rios' face in to a pulp and wins, i'm curious to know who would be the next brawler people think is going to beat Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              The body is where Broner would do his damage. Rios imo is tailor made for Broner.
              I don't think he can sit there and trade body shots with Rios. He looked like a beast in close against Demarco but lets not get outside of ourselves here. He was fighting a nearly 6'0 lightweight who's body has a target on it for anyone with short arms and can throw short punches. Rios would be more than happy for Broner to stay in the pocket like that.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                Haven't heard a serious response to why Broner would win yet. All I'm hearing is "philly shell" and "Richard Abril" You gotta come harder than that. How does Broner get the better of Rios when hes not a natural counter puncher? If Broner does get tired and sees that he can't hang with Rios in close, would there be a plan B the way Floyd had against Castillo to box on his toes and sharp shoot? I'm not confident that he has those intangibles.
                If you really don't understand why Rios style is tailor made for Broner, you'll never know and you'll never see an explanation even if it's right under your nose. I think Broner could win every round and force a stoppage and you'd still question how he could win.

Bro, let me type something seriously, i'm gonna try to give you an explanation. Have you seen Rios' style and how he likes taking punches? Did you see his fight against Alvarado? Forget about Abril, that was a fight he lost but got a gift; I won't bring it up. But did you see his "war" against Alvarado and the punches he took in that fight? Have you seen Broner's inside game, power, speed, defense? I know, I still didn't explain anything. Sorry.

This is like asking, and being confused as to how can Floyd beat Chavez Jr.

Rios has yet to fight an ELITE fighter. He's fought good - to very good fighters, but not yet an elite fighter and he's already lost once and been hurt several times.

Comment

[QUOTE=-Kev-;12726289]Bro, let me type something seriously, i'm gonna try to give you an explanation. Have you seen Rios' style and how he likes taking punches? Did you see his fight against Alvarado? Forget about Abril, that was a fight he lost but got a gift;
                  I won't bring it up.
                  You just did

But did you see his "war" against Alvarado and the punches he took in that fight? Have you seen Broner's inside game, power, speed, defense? I know, I still didn't explain anything. Sorry.
                  Yes it was an all out shootout, and what impressed me is that Rios, moving up in weight, was able to bring the fight to the naturally bigger guy and wear him down with a variety of punches. That my friend, is impressive.

Rios has yet to fight an ELITE fighter. He's fought good - to very good fighters, but not yet an elite fighter and he's already lost once and been hurt several times.
                  Lol and Broner has?? Demarco was seen as the best fighter hes fought to date and I've said repeatedly that Broner looked fantastic, but lets be real here for a minute man. Demarco is face first with no head movement and did not have a game plan. I'd say Alvarado, Acosta, Abril and maybe even Antillion, would have excellent shots at convincingly beat Demarco. So yeah i don't think we should bring opposition into the equation.

Comment

And while people keep talking about this "philly shell" special defense, Mayweather Sr (who made it famous) stated in a video that Broner doesn't even do it correctly and i definitely remember Demarco hitting him flush on numerous occasions.
                    Last edited by slicksouthpaw16; 11-22-2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                      who isnt in your eyes, You bias as hell.

Comment

Working...
                      X