No announcement yet.

I don't think Broner would beat Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Keep feeding him these guys that use their face as defense and care more about looking tough for the crowd than actually winning. He'll keep looking the same every time out.
    Rios with his clinch, head on opponents shoulder, constant short hooks to the chin will give broner lots'a trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
      Rios with his clinch, head on opponents shoulder, constant short hooks to the chin will give broner lots'a trouble.
      Yeah defenseless Broner with no inside game will definitely have trouble with a dude who probably can't even spell defense.

Like I said, keep feeding him these type of guys, he's going to keep knocking them out or beat them to a pulp over 12 rounds. You got no defense, you're going to get blasted by Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
        Imo Rios would stop Broner.. Rios hits way harder than De Marco or Escobedo. We know wjat Broner looks like against hard hitting pressure fighters (DeLeon). Rios is a beast!!!
        And we know what Rios looks like against defensively savvy fighters who use a shoulder roll and "Philly" shell (Abril). Broner hits harder than Richard, so the punishment would add up. Like him or not, Adrien is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          And we know what Rios looks like against defensively savvy fighters who use a shoulder roll and "Philly" shell (Abril). Broner hits harder than Richard, so the punishment would add up. Like him or not, Adrien is the real deal.
          Abril and Broner don't fight the same way. You need to exchange with Rios to give Rios a chance. Abril did not do so.

Would Broner exchange with Rios? Who knows, but if he does then there's a case where Rios can win some of those exchanges. And who knows how Broner reacts to a flush hook.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
            Nobody Thinks Broner Beats Rios. Nobody. But Broner fans Or Floyd fans.
            Evidently, a lot of people think Adrien beats Rios. Many of them, including myself, are not fans of Broner or Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by YDKSAB View Post
              Abril and Broner don't fight the same way. You need to exchange with Rios to give Rios a chance. Abril did not do so.

Would Broner exchange with Rios? Who knows, but if he does then there's a case where Rios can win some of those exchanges. And who knows how Broner reacts to a flush hook.
              Agreed. I was just using the similarities for effect in reply to that particular post. Nonetheless, Abril utterly nullified Rios's game. If he can do it, Broner can do it...any way he chooses, IMO. Adrien demonstrated in the DeMarco fight that he's quite adept at fighting on the inside. He stood in the pocket and dismantled Tony. Now, Rios may be a bigger, better fighter than DeMarco come fight time, but I'll wager that it would be more of the same.

Other differences between Richard and Broner are power and speed. Adrien hits hard, not one-punch KO hard, but plenty hard. Broner has the handspeed to repeatedly land those shots and pound a walk-forward fighter into submission. Adrien's chin has yet to be tested, so we don't know how he'll handle some good shots. But Rios isn't a one-punch KO artist, either. "Bam Bam" tends to wear down his opponents, but that's not so easy to do against a defensively tight boxer like Broner.

Regardless, I'd love to see the fight, although it may not come to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Agreed. I was just using the similarities for effect in reply to that particular post. Nonetheless, Abril utterly nullified Rios's game. If he can do it, Broner can do it...any way he chooses, IMO. Adrien demonstrated in the DeMarco fight that he's quite adept at fighting on the inside. He stood in the pocket and dismantled Tony. Now, Rios may be a bigger, better fighter than DeMarco come fight time, but I'll wager that it would be more of the same.

Other differences between Richard and Broner are power and speed. Adrien hits hard, not one-punch KO hard, but plenty hard. Broner has the handspeed to repeatedly land those shots and pound a walk-forward fighter into submission. Adrien's chin has yet to be tested, so we don't know how he'll handle some good shots. But Rios isn't a one-punch KO artist, either. "Bam Bam" tends to wear down his opponents, but that's not so easy to do against a defensively tight boxer like Broner.

Regardless, I'd love to see the fight, although it may not come to pass.
                Agreed. I wouldn't even be surprised if a pure inside WAR broke out in the middle of the ring. Broner hits Rios flush on the chin, Rios hits Broner on the chin. Damn, would be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Or people who prefer boxers over brawlers. Seems as if those that just don't like Broner are picking against him(like those that were praying Demarco knocked him out). I don't like the guy either but I respect his skills and I think he schools Rios. Too bad the fight won't happen
                  Yea guess you have a point, I picked demarco to beat broner even knowing all his flaws but I though demarco would have put alot more leather on broner.

With Rios I think Rios will bring a inside game that will break broner down, I dont see broner succesfully keeping Rios on the outside all night.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    pshhh when ur formula is to simply outlast the other guy every fight, sooner or later ur gonna get knocked out. broner can very well beat rios and broner can very well hurt rios as well. rios has a solid chin but he has been hurt before by lesser punchers than adrien broner.
                    Please revisit Rios. His style isn't based out "outlasting". Its based on getting inside, throwing short compact, powerful combinations and wearing you down. There is a lot of skilled involved in Rios's style. One thing that he is good at that no one pays attention to, is his ability to slip shots when his head in his opponents chest.

Comment

Rios can't beat Broner because Rios lacks defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X