No announcement yet.

Ricky Burns would get sparked out by Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Broner is too multi dimensional for Burns. Broner can work behind the jab and box you in the center of the ring, as he did against DeMarco most of the time the first 3 rounds of the fight. He can stand toe-to-toe and get the better of you, with his fast hands ripping you with uppercuts and hooks. He works the body as well. He can counter you with the quick left hook when you rush in, or a straight right hand. I saw him throw counter jabs to DeMarco last night.

He's too multi dimensional for Burns to handle him. What is Burns going to do better than Broner??? And though it may be too early to say Broner has a good chin, he seems to have a decent one at least. He took a few flush left hands on his chin from DeMarco and they didn't faze him.
    Broner did work well on the inside and when he was boxing.

I liked the way he used his jab, he would throw it hard if DeMarco was coming in/throwing and tagged him a few times that way. However when he was using it as more of a probe it was clear he was thinking all the time, probing the jab a few times, observing DeMarco's reactions and then throwing a power shot that would land hard.

Like I said, I think Burns loses but he's a better boxer than DeMarco and Burns does MOVE quite a bit, meaning Broner won't be able to sit down and patiently set up his shots and figure out Burns to the same extent.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Has Broner confirmed he won't travel? Shame.

I guess U.S it is then.
      He said he's not going to the UK in that article where he says Marquez or Burns are good fights.

Comment

He said he's not going to the UK in that article where he says Marquez or Burns are good fights.
        Horrible news.

Comment

Why the hell would Broner travel to fight Burns??? Burns already avoided him once, most likely due to his promoter. Both have titles, Broner just beat the #1 fighter in the division. Broner-Burns in Atlantic City would be good.

Broner will stop Burns in 6 rounds if this fight happens next.
          Because Burns is the champ? Talk about double-standards. Kell Brook is going to the 'States to fight WW champion, Devon Alexander; but Broner shouldn't have to travel to the UK to fight the champ of his weight-class, Ricky Burns? HA.

Comment

Burns was supposed to lose against everyone he has fought. Broner would be a big favourite, but Burns thrives as the underdog so I won't write him off just yet.

Burns is a huge lightweight, has an excellent jab, can take some punishment, and he's only getting better.

Basically it's a great fight. Broner should travel to Scotland though.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Because Burns is the champ? Talk about double-standards. Kell Brook is going to the 'States to fight WW champion, Devon Alexander; but Broner shouldn't have to travel to the UK to fight the champ of his weight-class, Ricky Burns? HA.
              Broner is also a champ though, Brook isn't.

Broner also doesn't need Burns as much as vice versa IMO.

Comment

Broner just won a title too......................................oh and he beat the #1 ranked Lightweight last night. So yeah, why would Broner travel to the UK to fight Burns???

Burns was ready and willing to come to the US to fight him last fall, than we all know what happened. If it happens in Vegas or Jersey, what's the problem??? Those are about as neutral areas as it gets.

Comment

Broner just won a title too......................................oh and he beat the #1 ranked Lightweight last night. So yeah, why would Broner travel to the UK to fight Burns???

Burns was ready and willing to come to the US to fight him last fall, than we all know what happened. If it happens in Vegas or Jersey, what's the problem??? Those are about as neutral areas as it gets.
                  The fight is bigger in Scotland than the US, though.

Its not as if US boxers are habitually robbed in the UK.

Comment

Burns traveling to the U.S is obviously fine and I'm sure he'll be willing to.

I'm just saying, if Burns isn't willing to travel, then Broner should and make a statement.

Which he should have done with Uchiyama.

Comment

The fight is bigger in Scotland than the US, though.

Its not as if US boxers are habitually robbed in the UK.
                      I think most anyone would agree that Burns needs Broner more than Broner needs Burns though.

Comment

Working...
                      X