Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Beats Down DeMarco Over Eight, Wins Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously, Broner fights similar to Mayweather. That said, he's not Floyd. He basically fights like the post-Hatton Floyd. He basically stands in the pocket, makes people miss, and makes them pay. He doesn't have the foot speed or quickness Floyd did as a young fighter. He's not quite as good defensively. But on the flip side, he's a heckuva lot more aggressive and is a bigger puncher. He stands in the pocket and basically walks guys down and beats them into submission from the opening bell. Floyd only opens up when he's completely sure a fighter is defenseless. Broner doesn't care. Which could cause him some issues when he gets in there with somebody that can hurt him. But he is a very impressive young fighter. Kinda hate that he grew outta the jr lightweight division though. I would love to see him in with Gary Russell Jr. I think he's a little too big for Russell and Gamboa. I think he destroys Gamboa. But I think Russell's handspeed could cause him some issues. Ultimately we're gonna have to look up the scale for his next big fight. I say make the Garcia fight happen right now. I'm not sold on Garcia at all and I think Broner would dismantle him. Make it happen Oscar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toltec77 View Post
      I would like Broner to face off with Gamboa next, that would be awesome.
      Gamboa already has been put on his ass before. Broner would eat that kid.

Comment

• Good win..... Impressive performance

Comment

• While he was fighting at 130 the prospects of a Gamboa and/or Russell fight were debated. But personally, I didn't realize how big Broner is compared to those guys. He would dwarf both.

Comment

• I knew he'd win. If this kid can take a good punch and fight smart when he's hurt, he'll be an ATG. maybe

Comment

• He is doing what he is suppose to do against suspect opposition, mayweather fought the best fighters at 130 and 135 manfredy Castillo coralles Hernandez. Big difference!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                He might have to stay at 135 for his own sake, Khan, Rios, Lamont, Garcia, Alvarado, Bradley..ect all will still be prime for a couple more years so Broner is not gonna move up and give any if them much of a problem imo hes a big 135 pounder small 140 pounder..
                And all those guys will still be around a year from now. No need to rush, just dominate and milk the 135 pound division, then move up naturally like every other fighter.

Comment

• Next 2 big ppv stars in the near future are Canelo n Broner. Both 22 n 23. Broner looked phenomenal today. Even though hes an ass outside the ring, the kid is freakin good in the ring. He would annihilate floyd if they fought at 23 years of age. Broner is so much more superb than floyd was at that age. What i like about Broner that makes him fan friendly is that he engages and doesn't run around like floyd use to. Broner already has amazing power.

Comment

• Another fight or two at 135 then he should move to 140, I would love to see him and Rios (Doubt the fight would happen).

Comment

• Broner did what he was supposed to do, so good for him. But he also showed that he is easy enough to hit even for a guy who punches like he is under water. Broner broke no ground here. Demarco has been beaten up worse in the past by better fighters. But Broner has talent. I dont think he is the future p4p level fighter some are pinning their hopes and dreams on, but time will tell. I think he is a B+ fighter in with C level or worse fighters. He was bigger than Demarco by a lot tonight even while moving up in weight. He is ALWAYS the bigger fighter. How does he handle a big shot from a natural 140 pounder? How will his speed and power be moving up in weight? I know people want to crown a king as quickly as possible, but Im not at all sold on how he will do against some real competition. I think he beats Burns, and moves up. At that point we see what he really has against guys his own size with far more ability then anything he has ever faced in his life. Can he take a clean shot from a man bigger than him? Demarco could touch him, why cant Lucas? If he loses a hair of speed and power moving up he may be in for some rough nights. I also suggest that after hearing Broner attempt to form a sentence and Larry Holmes screaming "I told y'all!" during his commentary tonight that the two never be allowed to have a conversation about boxing while on camera. The IQ points lost by the viewers would be staggering.
                      Last edited by Motofan; 11-18-2012, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X